• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Legends: Arceus] Are you spending time exploring, or playing through more quickly?

Years
  • How have you been playing Legends? Do you spend hours running around each new map when you unlock it to do tasks and explore, or were/are you going through it more quickly to complete the story?

I'm somewhere inbetween, I think - try to catch majority of what each area offers and visit every location on the map to unlock it before moving on - but not to the point of spending 6+ hours per map trying to max as much as I can. The story and wanting to see what happens next usually wins out in the end aha.

Years
  • I am going really really slow. Playing in Japanese kinda made the game slower, especially at first, when I didn't know many words. Now it's getting faster as I am learning new words, but I am still at the beginning. I am enjoying my slow game, however I am getting busier these days (especially with uni), so it happens I have less time to play. It's also just my first run and I am planning to play at least another two. One in English/Italian to see the differences with the Japanese and to go more in depth with a language with which I am more comfortable with. The other one is going to be again in Japanese, so I can go even more in depth because I m pretty sure there are many important details and dialogues in this game.
    As for gameplay, since it's my first run, I am not spending much time around, especially talking to NPCs. I m focusing on main dialogues and on the exploring part as well.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • For me, I was getting distracted in the first area when I first started, but realized I couldn't really explore much of it without ride pokemon. So after, I began to go through the story a lot quicker, maybe doing a few side quests in between.

However, now that I have all my ride pokemon and I have gotten to the Noble of the last zone, I have slowed down a massive amount and have went back to explore areas that I haven't explored yet. Like last night I got a surprise in the Mirelands and found a group of ruins I didn't know was there. I am also catching a lot more pokemon and trying to come up with my final team. As well as going to Distortions and grabbing items like a mad man. I am also trying to get caught up with side quests that I have gotten really behind on.

JDragon921

THE gen 4 guy. or not. idk.
    Years
  • I beat the game, but I pretty much no life'd it since it came out, and only really stopped because my friend let me borrow his copy of Shield so I can do my first playthrough of it about a day or 2 ago.

I'm pretty sure I was always a star ahead of what the story wanted because I never got stopped and was always 1-5 levels ahead. I ended up catching mons of my OG Diamond/Pearl/Platinum team and using them to explore so I don't get overleveled anymore and made some changes to the mons I use for my final team. I started to catch just about every alpha Pokemon I could come across, went to every corner of the map, caught as many species of Pokemon as I could, and finished almost every side quest by the time I beat the game. When I get back into it, I definitely want to 100% it (maybe not do the perfect dex though, just get to lv 10 maybe). I'll probably play it a second time and then nuzlocke it (if there's even a way to do that).

Dear Arceus, this game is so good.

Years
  • I'm about 10 hours in and I've yet to go do the Kleavor Noble thing.
    Too busy exploring and doing research tasks.
    Spent like 30-40 minutes last night just stalking and trying to catch an Alpha Heracross, but it wouldn't for the life of me go in lol

I just like walking or sneaking through the wilds and being the one hiding in the tall grass for once =3

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
  • I've been exploring, collecting mon's, collecting items, finding lost satchels, doing side missions, I haven't been doing the story much but Ive also been doing that but doing it slowly. Sometime I let it sit idlily so my hours logged is a bit big, But having so much fun exploring, I also overlevel and OP my pokemon. xD

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • I finished my 242 mons and beat all the Nobles + the final bosses in 40 hours 40 minutes. Now I spend my time on shiny Alpha hunting, completing Side Quests I could care less about (xD) if it is of conveniences, and trying to 100% perfect the dex, not that I really cared about that.

Years
  • Spent a lot of time exploring. About 42 hours in and haven't completed the story yet but I have made it to the icelands. I get sidetracked very easily lol.

Years
    • Seen today
    I'm taking my time, enjoying the exploration and the scenery, doing all the side activities, optional captures, filling dex entries, and treasure hunting I can. I'm rank 5 and I don't even have the Basculegion mount yet, so I guess I'm probably getting too distracted (?) since I'm going to need to revisit previous maps anyway once I get all Poké rides anyway...

Not sure what's going to be my definitive team (don't know if that's too important in this game though) but I'm having trouble getting a good special attacker for my team, since it feels like nearly everything I catch is physical or mixed, currently my only options are Gastly, Ralts, Abra, and Yanma.

Anyway, this is the first Pokémon spin-off I'm liking since pretty much Colosseum/XD. My biggest issue now is the time I spend organizing pastures and items, that's getting annoying.

Years
  • I'm mostly exploring more right now. I am 6 plus hours into the game and haven't beaten Kleavor yet, I tried once and failed so I'm working on catching more Pokémon, working on my Pokedex, training my Pokemon, and exploring and then trying again

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • Very slow! I reached star rank 9 early in-game because I've been combing through each location and catching crazy amounts of Pokémon. Also, I really enjoy shiny-hunting outbreaks, so that takes away a lot of time from the story! Lots of things are spoiler-territory for me still.

However, now that I have most my team set and the rest are in the Highlands, I'm back to a good story pace. Really loving the game!

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2022
    I do spend quite a lot of time exploring the maps, trying to catch as many Pokémon as I could. I didn't find the particular need to rush through the zones as I felt like the charm revolving the entire series was all about exploration and discovery.

Years
    • Seen today
    It's best to do a combination of both. Rushing will make you miss a lot of cool stuff, but trying to immediately complete everything you come across is kinda pointless most of the time and just dragging the gameplay unnecessarily, since you'll have to revisit areas later, with new mounts and usually new side-quests to do. Many Pokémon can also be found in different maps so there's no point in actively trying to hunt common Pokémon like Luxio or Geodude for dex completion, that will just happen naturally as you keep playing through.

Years
    • Seen today
    I mess around quite a bit. I run around and catch random things for hours, but I almost never touch the requests because they bore me.

Back