• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you still into Pokémon?

Do you still liek Pokeymanz?

• Yes, sir!

Votes: 38 77.6%
  • I'm slowly drifting away from it. There's better games.

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • Nope, I don't.

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    Pokemon IMO saw a great decline in D/P...it lost its charm.

Word. I'm pretty much the same here. I'm heavily dissatisfied with the fourth gen (for various reasons that would result in a long rant) as well as, for that matter, some of the people in fandom and am sort of drifting away. Still clinging to some slivers of fandom, though, like fanfiction (as long as I don't go on FFNet).

If I did not like Pokémon anymore why am I a member of this site!

Because PC is laced with crack.

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    I'm an on and off fan.. I'll stop being interested for a few months, pick up a game again and instantly get hooked.

Obito.

Uh huh
    Years
    Yep, Pokemon is the best thing ever

but the anime got really bad after Season 5 and it got even worse at battle frontier. yuck!

but its still the best Tv show ever!

Radikaru

moonrose
    Years
    I love it just as much as I did back in 1996 or so (or was it 95? I don't remember) when Green and Red came out in Japan and I imported them. <3

20 years old now and still a Pokénerd. xD

AS V.1

RageGraphics(tm)
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2008
    I play the games, they're like they're made for me even though I'm "too old" for it. The anime, I haven't paid attention to since Season One, but I'm watching all the D/P episodes.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    I still like it. I'm gonna like it for a long time. And BTW if users hate pokemon, why would they join this forum???

Years
    I still like it. I'm gonna like it for a long time. And BTW if users hate pokemon, why would they join this forum???

They're probably the spammers. ;p

Anyway, I'm kind of interested in it still. I don't play as often as I should, but I do enjoy it when I play it. I don't touch the anime with a ten foot pole anymore, but I enjoy watching the first season, if only for nostalgia's sake. I'm not as hardcore as I used to be, but that's okay. It happens.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    The whole Sinnoh thing hasn't really done it for me yet.
    Since the voice cast changed I haven't enjoyed the dub as well,
    not to mention that fact that Hikari/Dawn annoys me, and DP's episodes
    aren't as good as I had originally hoped they would be.

And the DP games aren't pulling me in like I thought they would either.
    I haven't played Pearl in a few months..
    Granted, I'am thinking about picking it up again one of these days.

I still like Pokemon, but I seem to be sticking to stuff pre-D/P.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2015
    Being a High School student, I've long drifted away from my Pokemon(or at least the games) fandom, probably as a result of the RSE generation lacking so much, along with the 4th Gen to less extent, but there are other reasons. The anime(as if you could even call it that) is completely bleh, rehashing the ever-so-recycled process of Ash and his little band of miscreants going on their seemingly never-ending journey for..well, I don't even know; they WERE supposed to be "catching them all," but that seems to have died out, and they're just doing the same thing over and over which is running into _____, a Pokemon or trainer with a problem, and helping them solve whatever problem, sending Team Rocket whomfgblastingoffagain:D for about the trillionth time in the process, then rinse and repeat, and you've got another 5,000 episodes on your hands. I concur, the show gave the franchise a completely horrendous reputation around the world, it's about time they scrapped it. The mangas are better, but there are much better titles than them, even in the Shonen genre. So yeah, I'm not a fan anymore of the franchise. At all.

Years
    You don't even get the anime where I live now but I'm still a huge fan. Of course all games get boring when you finish it, what do you think?

Games aren't supposed to go on forever. Like animal crossing is a never-ending game but you get bored of it because of its never-endingness.

I think Pokemon seems to be getting boring because pokemon came out in 1995 and we were all much younger then. We had more enthusiasm, we were easly addicted to things, we were mere children. But now that we've all grown up we are seeing things differently, however things have actually stayed the same or have got better.

I personally think diamond and pearl were the best games, judging from my younger sibling's reactions. But I liked the classic ones. Its all the same with my friends and I can see it all on here.

We've all grown up, that's just the problem.

Years
    Yes, I still like it, but in all the years I´ve played it, there were times I was really sick of Pokemon. I think that´s normal, when you played 8 years Pokemon and sometimes you didn´t like it.
    Of course when it came out here (in 1999), it was more popular than today and the games made more fun.
    Diamond and Pearl weren´t bad but I guess, the first once werer better.
    But like Pokmon_Mistress said, it has something to do with growing up.

Years
    it was much more popular, but things don't last forever. Like the latest craze is bebo right now, soon it'll die out.

However things cn come popular again, but since I'm in high school now I don't think it'll happen here. Being a child, everything seemed fun.

Years
    I'm not as into it as I used to be, but I plan to ask for all the boxed sets (seasons only, not individual releases) and the 10th anniversary discs for Christmas so I can get back to watching my favorite show. The only time it airs on television is during school hours on YTV so I can't watch it then.

Willbey

Steel drums rock!
    Years
    Once i was playing on my pokemon sapphire, defeted elite4 and have nothing to do... One day i was bored and i played on my pokemon sapphire, but the saved file was goen! I almost forgot pokemon until one day..

It was christmas. I saw a little square box on the table and i opened it. I thought there was choclate in the box but it was not choclate, it was pokemon pearl! I opened my DS and played it for 4 hours...

And now, i'm a huge pokemon fan!

Years
    Another reason why we are thinking pokemon is getting boring is because we dont have the support that we used to long ago.

Pokemon was a huge craze and everyone praised you and treated you like god if you had rare pokemon cards or something.

Nowadays, you don't have that support, enthusiasm anymore. So you gotta support yourself, which is kinda hard for some people.

I miss those old days. :)

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Well, when I was little, the thing I loved were the cards...now they slapped "ex" on everything...charizard ex, salamence ex, etc. So that ruined it, and I lost interest in pokemon. Then, my friend introduced me to the newest game that had come out, pomemon blue and red, and I loved attempting, key word-attempting, to "catch 'em all." Then, I finally beat it and left it for Mom to sell...but then ruby and sapphire come along. I loved the game more than ever, but my dream of cathing 'em all was looking bad...until I finally caught the ruby/sapphire pomemon, only to see leafgreen comes out with so many more pokemon (though they weren't really new...) Now, does anybody ever try to "catch 'em all" anymore? Whikle I love competitive battling, the anime, trading card game, and most everything else has deminished greatly...and D/P had none of the pokenmon charm I'm used to seeing.

My point is that pokemon may still use the same formula, but in doing so, Nintendo has actually left it somewhat, which was having a nice TV show, cool card game, and charming games...which now don't exist...I feel D/P was the straw that broke the camel's back. Sorry for the long, probably boring rant, but pokemon has lost its charm, or whatever makes us veteran players love it so much...it just isn't there anymore, and pokemon would be dirt to me if competitive battling didn't exist. Just my opinion.

Back