• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you superstitious?

pkmin3033

I'm not so much superstitious as I am a believer in karma, by which I mean I find it helps to blame those frustrating ironic incidents of misfortune I experience frequently on an external source rather than on my own stupidity.

Cordeline

7th Horizon: Märchen
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2021
    Nopey. No superstitions for me I think it runs in the family, but I don't believe in things I cannot see.

To be honest sometimes I am somewhat scared of the night, but not because of the paranormal things that could be there, but because of actual people who could hurt you. Think of robbers, etc..

And... Whenever I hear UFO or alien stores I freak out. I don't think we could ever be visited by them if they exist, but when I was little I watched an UFO documentary with my brothers and developed this fear ><.

EDIT: I'm so sorry I just realised this probably has nothing to do with this thread... But I thought I should share anyway.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I used to not believe in the whole Friday the 13th nonsense but this past one was horrible so now I'm somewhat swayed ;A; I'll just stay in.

Etherion

It runs in the Filipino culture, we believe in a lot of supernatural things.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • I am not superstitious. I tend to worry about a lot of things, but mostly from a rational and practical perspective (for instance, I would never walk under a ladder, but only because it might tip over or something might fall on my head :P ) .

I like making fun of superstitious people though.

Margaery Tyrell

Growing Strong
    Years
  • I'm a pretty superstitious person, but not in a typical way, like I don't care about ladders or black cats or Friday the 13th. I just believe in a lot of supernatural stuff, though that doesn't mean its irrational.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • I'm not superstitious because I've never really had bad or good luck so I don't believe those myths that certain things change your luck. I don't believe in luck either.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I went really have any...more like OCD's and I can be a bit of a hypochondriac about things.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • I'm not superstitious in the traditional sense; things such as broken mirrors, walking under ladders, that sort of thing, don't bother me at all.

That said, I do believe in karma, and i'm also quite big on routine; I feel like if I don't keep to my routine, I won't have a good day, or something along those lines. It's a hard one to explain.

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
  • I'm not really superstitious but breaking mirrors kinda terrifies me

One time a beetle flew into my hair and died... My friends and I screamed in terror, apparently there's kinda some superstition my friend addressed, saying that a desturctive influence will walk into my life.. Didn't happen tho, just drama xD

Dracowyn

Hell's Traffic Accident
    Years
  • Nope, I'm not superstitious at all. Heck I even own two black cats.

The parents of a Romanian friend of my mom once came over for dinner and they didn't understand why we have to black cats. Apparently they're really superstitious.

Some things are just common sense though. Don't walk under a ladder cause it could tip over and fall on you? And don't break mirrors for well, obvious reasons.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Are you superstitious?

Back