• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Are you trying to complete the Pokedex or have you already?

Years
    Just wondering if anyone has or is completing the Pokedex. I will be trying to but I am still short by a lot. I will have trouble getting all of the Pokemon registered but it will be fun and challenging.

ChikoritaCheezits

The Green Leaf triumphs over all
    Years
    Yeah, I actually am. I'm going back and catching all the Pokemon I missed and am using Wonder Trade and GTS to get some not in the game. It's pretty hard. I managed to get all the Johto starters.

ChikoritaCheezits

The Green Leaf triumphs over all
    Years
    How did you do that? I am having trouble doing so.

I kind of got lucky. Well for starters (heh, get it cause they're starters?), I got the Chikorita from choosing it after you beat the main story. Then I was searching on GTS and happend to find the Cyndaquil and Totodile. So I partially got lucky that there was some available for Pokemon I had.

Years
    I kind of got lucky. Well for starters (heh, get it cause they're starters?), I got the Chikorita from choosing it after you beat the main story. Then I was searching on GTS and happend to find the Cyndaquil and Totodile. So I partially got lucky that there was some available for Pokemon I had.

That's awesome. You get a pokemon for beating the game?

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I've completed the PokéDex in my AlphaSapphire already. I went about the project of obtaining every single Pokémon to store in my Bank shortly after it came out, so I completed it as soon as I beat the Elite Four. Kinda takes the fun out of it, tbh... :(

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    I've completed the PokéDex in my AlphaSapphire already. I went about the project of obtaining every single Pokémon to store in my Bank shortly after it came out, so I completed it as soon as I beat the Elite Four. Kinda takes the fun out of it, tbh... :(

Same here. I was making my living dex before the Bank was released for the US, so about the time the US gets it I already had most of it completed (missing only the event legendaries).

And then when Omega Ruby came out, I just dumped my living dex after I cleared the Delta Episode. Ruins the fun though, but hey, Shiny Charm.

Years
    Not at the moment. Recently i've been engulfed in college (although my classes ended for the semester) and the challenge events, so i've still only played Omega Ruby once and haven't touched Alpha Sapphire yet. But i'm sure that after things get less hectic, i'll complete the Pokédex, which should be doable since I have done so in X and will surely have things to transfer from it.

Years
    Along with completing my Dex I want to start getting into breeding and shiny catching but have no knowledge of either. I'll need to read up on it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2015
    I sure am. I've already completed the Pokédex in X/Y, but one of the ways I had to complete it is to give in some Pokémon for the GTS. Because of that am far from close to finishing, but once I complete the Dex the second time, I'm going to make a living Dex for future games.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Already completed it after three days. Needed around 200 something pokemon.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
    I already had a living dex in Pokémon Bank before OR/AS came out, so no, I'm not completing the Pokédex for a second time ^^.

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
    Years
    I just completed the National Dex recently (bar certain event legendaries). The Unova Pokemon were the hardest to get, because a lot of them evolve at ridiculously high levels. I'm not sure if I'm actually going to use the Shiny Charm, but according to Serebii the post-game legendaries of ORAS are not shiny-locked, so it would be funny if I randomly got a shiny legendary!

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2014
    Like others have, I've already composed a living dex. So in theory, yes, dex for AS has been completed via my living dex, which I'm slowly moving back to the bank for storage. Time consuming, but not as much as putting it together was.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I completed the national dex for the first time in Y (only other time I even seriously tried was in Platinum), but with AS I actually took what I had left plus re-bred/traded/evolved to finally build a living dex (I was lazier towards the end of dexing in Y so I had some missing when I went to build the living one). I still am missing 5 events that I will probably never be able to get unless GF re-releases them (in America, via Wi-fi or GameStop, and while I'm paying attention). At least you don't need events for the game to say you're done and give you the shiny charm.

Back