• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you tsundere?

miju-kun

soaring
Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    So the title says it all, but if you don't know what tsundere means:

It describes a person who is initially cold and even hostile towards another person before gradually showing their warm side over time.

And as for me, I consider myself tsundere, well at least at school.

KAGAMI MINAMI YUKI HARUHI

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • KAGAMI MINAMI YUKI HARUHI

what ;-;

Anyway, to answer your question, I sometimes can be I guess. Far more so online than offline; offline I'm just generally nice to people but at the same time cautious which can come off as cold or hostile at first (although it doesn't really seem to put people off very much so it can't be that bad).

Online yeah I think I am tsundere. But honestly that's sometimes seems like it's because I never really use emotes as much as most people in general chat since I don't like them and think they're horribly abused anyway lol. I guess it's a mix of being genuinely tsundere and just not happying up everything I say by spamming :D :) o3o.

In both cases I do warm up quite a bit in time though.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • I only consider myself to be a tsundere IRL and at school because I never really like being myself towards people or "warming up" towards them and I'm pretty much cold and reject most people who come near me.

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
  • No, quite the opposite. Both in real life and online I'm very warm and friendly toward people I meet - Unless I have a reason not to be, which is very rare because I generally don't tend to be not fond of someone unless I talk to them first.
    I think it puts people off sometimes though, especially people who are more tsundere.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • Know this word from Maid Sama!.

Yeah, sometimes I'm tsundere to some people. Sometimes I'm just cold to them for real.

Years
  • Shouldn't this be in Japanese Entertainment?

I keep people at a distance almost all of the time. I don't try to. It's just my habit. I still attempt to be kind because that's what I feel I am: kind. I'm just not the best at letting people get close.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    I've been described as tsundere by a few of my friends. However, I've always thought of myself as being significantly more tsuntsun than deredere.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I was always thought this was used when referring to relationships with lovers or bffls. Nobody's going to be super loving and friendly to people they don't have a close relationship with. If it meant how you act towards every random stranger then 95~% of people would be Tsundere.

I'm more Yandere.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • Tsundere is the absolute worst anime personalty archetype, so I should hope that I don't even remotely approximate it IRL. Though, rather than describing a tsundere as a person who is cold but gradually warms over time, most true tsunderes are fairly bipolar and unpredictable about whether they'll show their "tsuntsun" (cold) side or "deredere" (warm) side at any given moment. Tsuntsun is usually the default way of acting, though, with deredere being reserved for special moments when one's defenses are lowered.

I'm only "cold" to people that I don't know in the most general sense that I have no common ground with a complete stranger. If someone gets to know me enough, of course I'm going to gradually open up to that person. All personal relationships start at a general point and expand into something more open as the people involved get to know each other better. Continuing to act "tsuntsun" even after you've gotten to know someone is just a sign of inability to properly socialize or an attempt to mask an inferiority complex through belittlement or standoffishness.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I can be a bit tsundre sometimes. Normally, I like being by myself, but as time goes by, I go with others.

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    Maybe, a bit. It's true that when someone comes to me suddenly and tries to talk to me I won't behave normally, but rather try to investigate first. And that often results in a cold manner.

Instead, I'm a really curious person on the web.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Not really. I try to be nice and friendly to people when we first meet, and if I'm being cold to someone, it's a sure sign they did something to get on my bad side*

*The above statement does not apply when I'm in a bad mood. When I am, I can be cold to anybody.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Absolutely, I've always been like that my whole life, and my friends agree. They don't like it sometimes though, and it can be very hard to deal with, also for me. It's not fun when people think you are insensitive or a cold person while actually you are very sensitive and nice, it can hurt sometimes when people make assumptions like that.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I've been called tsundere by some of my friends, but I don't see it, could just be me or maybe I'm just too used to it.

Back