• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Are you using your Dream World Pokemon?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    What is Dream World? I don't understand it, could some-one enlighten me with thier knowledge

http://www.pokemon-gl.com/ <-- this. :3 Click the link for Dream World towards the bottom right.

Basically, it's flash based, allowing you to upload your save file to the Internet to a world where your Pokemon is asleep & dreaming. And in this, you can befriend one Pokemon during your exploration of the Dream World, plant berries, create a house for your Pokemon and play mini-games. The FAQ contains more information, though, so maybe check that out, as seen here. Also, there's a quick questions sticky where this belongs in next time. :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2014
    I only use my Dream World Pokemon for breeding. Other than that they just sit in my boxes waiting for some love. xD

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    No.
    I'm too busy training other pokémon to spend time on my DW loot.

Pkmn Trainer Touko

King N's Queen
    Years
  • I'm only catching DW Pokemon for my Pokedex. I love Gen V Pokemon, I'm going to continue to use Gen V in each playthrough...

I've used Pokemon from the previous generations for 14 years already so I don't have much motivation to use them right now.

gee2k8

Slicker than your average
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 24, 2013
    I intend to use my dw pokes. Some of the abilities have made me re-use old favs like exeggutor and Slowpoke in some interesting niche teams. Im currently on 7.2k dw points ive been working pretty hard to get their. I get access to some new pokes at 7.5k and at 10k is where the new dratini becomes available!

Oh my modest Nidoking rocks with his new ability!

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I haven't even gone to pick up my DW Pokémon. ._.; I intend to, eventually, but I haven't exactly touched White since doing one Dream World adventure when it opened. I'd already set it aside in favour of other games by the time DW opened internationally.

Honestly, I wouldn't have used them in the main plot or anything anyway. I really liked my parties and putting old gens in them (aside from Cherrim in White 8D) would've felt really weird. There are so many great Pokemon in Unova and I think it's worth it to play through with them at least once. 8D;

Years
  • I do use the dream world but I never use them in the main story, I only use them if i am just running around trying to level up so im not tempted to use other pokemon. (I only train one pokemon at a time.)

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • Not really. I'm really waiting for that SD Blaziken to use against my friends (we don't follow Smogon rules). Although I now have all Eevees thanks to the Jolteon I won. :D

Rionix

My girlfriend is a crazy fox
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    Yes I am using my Dream World pokemons.. But mostly are for breeding purposes cause I care about the IV's

Magmarashi

Trainer in Training
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    I have all my DW Pokémon in the Entree Forest
    I want to fill it all up!

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    None as of none, I'm trying to rack up enough points to unlock the sky and get a Gligar for now, ang etting points is taking quite awhile for me. -_-

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
  • I'm using my DW Ludicolo to help me explore the second half (ie, the post E4 part) of Unova. Own Tempo and Leech Seed, so it's not bad :P

Plus it's a Ludicolo. So obviously it's cool ^^'

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I'm using mine, my favorite ones that I've gotten so far are Nidoqueen/king as they have sheerforce.
    As soon as I get a Vulpix I'm using it on my team ;)

Back