• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you yourself, online?

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Do you genderbend?
    -Nope. Always thought the whole concept of genderbending was extremely odd, anyway.

Do you use an alternative name?
    Nope, I go by the name everyone knows me by, Dipu. Only reason I don't have it as my username is cause, hey, I can be creative, right?

Do you pretend to be older/younger than you are?
    Essentially asking me if I behave other than my age in real life, to which I answer no. Well, maybe a tad bit younger, but I believe I act my age for the most part, despite my immaturity at times.

Do you think you have a different personality online to in the real world?
    Nope. I behave exactly the same way I do in real life as I do online, cause, well, I just find it simple. I don't like pretending to be something I'm not, so yeah

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Do you genderbend?
    I used to back in....2012? Me and [supporter]quilzel[/supporter] switched genders. I thought I wouldn't fool anyone with me being "male" because I thought everyone on PC knew I was female. But I was TWL mod back then, so I kinda fooled the new members more than the regular members, tricking them that I was actually male. xD Eventually, I also fooled some staffers back then too. It was pretty fun lol. I don't do it anymore because I just don't...feel like it. :P

Swifty, are you directing this question at me? xD

Megan is my online name, so yes. I have an alternative name and that's that. I used to go by my real name when I first joined, but I immediately changed my habit of people calling me Megan because I was a little paranoid of my ex-boyfriend prooobably finding me online (which he hasn't thankfully). Long story though. The name Megan has stuck with me, everyone calls me that. The friends that know me personally know my real name, and do know that on PC I am known as Megan and not A--yeah. :P

Not much. I never really age-bend.

People keep telling me that I'm so talkative, extroverted, and loud online. In real life I am just the opposite. I'm super shy, I'm always anxious, and I just...hide away from people because I'm scared they might bite me. I just don't know why. Sometimes when I warm up, I do leave my so-called comfort zone and be the talkative person I was described. My personality is pretty mysterious. xD

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
    Years
    None of it. I just am me.

I mean, though I bet I act a bit different in real life, I think that goes for all of us, after all text can only do so much.

Years
    Do you genderbend?
    Yeah I did genderbend here (aka had my gender displayed as male) a while back for some laughter. But yeah they saw through it so I often keep my gender set to female these days.

Hikari of course! That's what you guys call me right? It's a really cute name as well.

I've never altered my displayed age, I've always shown my real age.

Yeah I do, in fact I act way more hilarious online than in real life.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Do you genderbend?
    Well I am at the moment, but not for any real-world gender dysphoria. If I find an avatar I like, but it just happens to be on the feminine side of things, I'll go all out and change my forum display settings just to go along with it. XD

Not really, I only really go by Timbjerr or some variant thereof. I only divulge my real name to people I know pretty well that I don't mind them addressing me informally.

I used to, but not so much anymore, and that did have to do with real-world psychological issues I was having at the time. Yeah, I'm twenty-six years old and an active part of the Pokémon fandom, what's it to you?

I'm really timid in the real world, mainly because of how geeky and out-there and weird I can be. My online (and drunken) personas are just me being me without worrying what other people think of it. XD

Nakala Pri

I'm more open and care free online but that is mainly just because I am just overly shy in real life haha. Other than that I am 100 % myself :D

I share this response! C:

I'm hella crazy, weird and eccentric but less in public because I'm also really shy. xD

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
    Do you genderbend?
    No. Got a little taste of it though by some people mistaking me for a male while I wasn't even trying lol.

I am known to others who are closer to me as Amanda. Either that or my username, or versions of my real name/username.

Well, not consciously? So no.

Yes, admittedly, quite a bit. Online, I am much more likely to share my thoughts and participate in lively conversations, but am shy and introverted in person. It's not that I'm pretending to be someone I'm not. I just find it easier to open up to the internet as I get to take my time to construct my sentences and let whatever I want to say flow freely without (much) fear of being judged or embarrassed as well as free from stumbling over words and getting all flustered (which I tend to do quite a lot irl). That's about it though. The rest of the package is 100% pure me. :3

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    Do you genderbend?

Eh... not really. O_o Well, actually yes. I do when I cosplay as male characters, if that counts. XD

Other than my username, no. Kimi is what everyone in real life calls me too. It's my nickname from the name 'Kimberly'. I chose Kimi because I loved Kimi from the rugrats and thought her name was cute.

Not on purpose, no. If I do, it's usually because of my disabilities that make me come off as being younger or older than I really am.

Somewhat. I notice online, I'm much more talkative and don't hesitate to talk to people. I'm a bit more open about myself online too. I try not to be since you never know who you can and can't trust. :/

droomph

weeb
    Years
    Do you genderbend?

I mean I would like to experience what it's like to be a different gender but it's gonna have to be more extensive than just…

I mean, no.

name?
    I don't care if you track me, nothing interesting really goes on in my life anyways :p

It's like, you want to monitor my imgur browsing? Man you've gone to a whole other level of pointlessness

act older/younger?

I act like myself? So probably younger than 16 but you know what I have problems

do u b diffs
    Not exactly the same but only because I can't get punched in the face on the Internet

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    Do you genderbend? - No, of course not. I would never gender bend... it's just wrong, isn't it? :3

Do you use an alternative name? - I go by Mac online really, it's what everyone tends to call me after they get to know me. Not many use my real name or my current username.

Do you pretend to be older/younger than you are? - No, I'm always constant in reporting my actual age.

Do you think you have a different personality online to in the real world? - Yes. Offline I am quieter most of the time and tend to not really like people, but that can go in stages.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
    Do you genderbend? Nope, although my themes makes people think I'm a girl. But I never lie about my gender, haha

Do you use an alternative name? Nope, but people call me Lil, Jz and Dementia even calls me Lilly because she thought I was a girl xD

Do you pretend to be older/younger than you are? I always gave my real age, nothing to be ashamed of :3

Do you think you have a different personality online to in the real world? Nah, the person you know on PC is the person I am in real life :)

Morning Sun Espeon

Time to shine ★
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2016
    Do you genderbend?
    -nope!
    -well, do screenames and nicknames count? That's it...
    -I don't see the point. Age doesn't really matter when you're not face to face
    -from what I've been told, I act the same on and offline

TheKantoKid

Let's go, Pikachu!
    Years
    Do you genderbend?
    -Not at all. I love being a man!

-I'm known by so many things in the real world that I'm use to people close to me calling me many different things~ If I dont like you I'll correct you on my name

-I've been told that I act older than what I really am. Hell, I feel older than what I am.

-Not at all! I act the same everywhere honestly. Honesty is the best policy.

Miracle Seed

Serpentine trainer
    Years
    Do you genderbend?
    ☆ Only in Roleplaying. I'm open about what gender I am, though.

☆ I just respond to whatever names people call me. *shrug*

☆ only in Roleplaying. Out of character, I tell people my age honestly.

☆ it depends on who I'm speaking to on here.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I'm more myself online than I am offline, I think. Communicating online helps me be free of a lot of things, so my core self is less restricted by all the filters and walls I usually put up offline. I've never really used my real name online, though. I mean, Anna is a nickname for Savannah, but I never had a nickname. probably to do with not having any friends, but whatev So when I was younger I just went with Anna and that stuck. I'm Anna to the online world. But that slight change of name doesn't change how I present myself.

I was mistaken for a guy a lot when I was younger idk why. Probably due to my ambiguous username? But I never intentionally genderbend. There's no point. Y'all know I'm a girl and I don't roleplay with themes or anything. And I set my age to be like three years younger on my previous account but that was because a bunch of my (offline) friends had decided that age more accurately reflected my personality. :P

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    Do you genderbend?
    Uhm... Maybe? I don't know ;D

Gunner or Queenie or whatever you want to name me lol

Nah. I keep this one true.

OH YES! I'm a nub when it comes to the real world but in here, I feel magical ;D

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Do you genderbend?
    No, never have. I've never even thought of it, I could gender bend my username now if I chose but gender bending my older username, Bruce Banner would be kinda...awkward.

Yeah, my real name is Nathan. I said it was Bruce to fit my username my dad's name is actually Bruce. :3

Nope, same age. :)

Haha not really. I try to keep things the same, I'm sarcastic and strange irl so I try to act it here. Oh, also I'm carefree most of the time. There are some things about me that I won't blatantly say in public on an open forum, but if you strike up a conversation I may say. There are quite a few interesting things about me. :p

TheZenTraveler

I know my profile is out of date, but don't worry,
    Years
    Do you genderbend?
    No I do not see the need in that.

Although my Username Is TheZenTraveler I do have My A.K.A. set to my first name
    And my full name is Leo Smith

My current age is in fact 19, I try to be as transparent as I can on the forum.

I try to be a bit less of a downer like I am in RL, since there really is no need for me to carry on my miserable attitude to the interwebs...

Years
    Do you genderbend?
    Never seen the point in genderbending unless for entertainment purposes XD So I've never done it.

Online I often use Raine as my alias rather than my real one because I'm paranoid x:

Don't see why age would be a problem so I'm comfortable with revealing that and I try to act my age as well.

My personality online is definitely different from the one in real life. When I first meet strangers, I tend to be quiet and extremely introverted unless someone brings up a topic that I show interest in. Once I get to know someone better then I'll start showing some aspects of an extrovert and be more talkative~ But generally I'm quite quiet and shy :3

Back