• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Error] Argument Error in Event

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2022
    Okay... I've tried looking all over for a solution to this but can't find anything. Basically, the issue is that I'm trying to make an event to change Cosplay Pikachu's form. But every time I choose an option that would change the form (not "something else" or "don't change"), the game crashes and I get this error message:

Code:
    ---------------------------
    Pokemon Essentials
    ---------------------------
    [Pokémon Essentials version 17.2]

Exception: ArgumentError

Game_Event:152:in `<'

Game_Event:152:in `nf_particles_game_map_refresh'

Game_Event:139:in `each'

Game_Event:139:in `nf_particles_game_map_refresh'

ParticleEngine:596:in `refresh'

Game_Map:410:in `refresh'

Game_Map:409:in `each'

Game_Map:409:in `refresh'

Game_Map:423:in `update'

Game_Map:422:in `each'

Here's the entire event page for reference:
    https://imgur.com/a/hu1P6Y2
    (for some reason the forums won't let me actually post pictures here? idk)

For the most part, I just copied and pasted the Deoxys form change event from the test map, edited it to apply to Cosplay Pikachu, then added some more choices and text. I've created events like this the same way before with no issue. The Essentials wiki says that "comparison of String with 0 failed" errors have something to do with variables, but I'm not using variables in the event, so I'm kind of confused about what the cause is. Anyone got any ideas?

Years
    • Age 21
    • Seen Nov 28, 2022
    Your event page has a Variable XXX is 0 or above condition, but variable XXX is not a number. It's a string of text.

Maybe you're using variable XXX in multiple instances, which is causing it to be a string. I'd suggest picking a different variable, to ensure that it is indeed empty (i.e. an integer).

Back