• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Art Comparison-Elm and Silver!

jmadude

Keybledar43
    Years
    I like the new designs more than the old ones.
    Elm looks like a rookie professor and seems to always be in a hurry by the way he's unorganized.
    Silver looks more evil in the new design and I think he's face is similar to Giovanni's.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    I like the newer designs, especially Elm's. x3 It really makes him look the way one would expect him to look, a disheveled person who puts research above actually being organized. Really fits him, even the little stubble on his chin, which is a good touch.

Silver just...looks better. He looks less like the previous rival from R/B/Y days, and more like his own person, like Hiroshi said.

*likes Elm more* >>

sudden_hit

The Chikorita lover :]
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    I think Elm was more so inspired from the TV show this time around, and Silver just looks more "4th Generation" like.

-Tom

Norcinu

Beginning Snagger
    Years
    Elm's new design is a huge improvement, you can easily tell his character now from the look of him. Silver IS a lot thinner and "feminine" but only because the Pokemon style has become sleeker and modern-er.

I shouldn't complain, I love feminine-looking guys~<3

...But christ he does look like the spawn of Mars o_o

Pan!ko

vibratingcat XD
    Years
    Unusually I have to say I prefer the newer ones. It shows more character and feel and I guess more like an anime, which is what i like to see. They all look so much more relaxed while the older ones just make them look like they are trying to b cool. But all this doesn't matter, its whats in the game. I think that Team Rocket girl's her is a bit too fluro bright.

Finnel

Years
    Art Comparison-Elm and Silver!

Ayup.

EDIT: Discovered by Heerosferret, sorry.

Last edited:

Alec_

Years
    The Hair of Mars is too similar from Silvers. The Elm new Art is cool too :3. He become younger. xD.

~Fairytales.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    never noticed it but Silver DOES look like Roark, whole hairdo xDDD
    No mind because i think Roark is a cutie too >3>)

Jeez if i didn't know better i'd say Roark and Mars got busy
    Giovanni isn't in the picture Cx

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Spoiler:

Ayup.

Wow, this couldn't have been anymore perfect to prove. I've got to say, I didn't see the close resemblence until now. The hair is basically identical to each other, and yes even the bangs on Silver and Roark are very identical. The touch of the glasses add onto similarity, but thank goodness Silver never came with them. The striping of the sleeves are similar from the piece I can interpret off of Roark and what is now onto Silver.

Oh well though, at least when I look at Silver I now think Roark over Mars. Very nice work on this though. However, Silver and his jacket, posture, and face adds 'evil' to his look altogether.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Elm looks more awesome. I really hated that yellow stripe in his shirt. >.>"​

Silver looks oh-so-sexy now that he's all skinnified and Roark-fied. XD

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    They both look awesomeeee (:

I like Silver's design more than the original.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Slim and defined; the way Sugimori's art has been transforming.

Love 'em through and through. The new jacket (Silver) and relaxing tones are excellent. :D

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    If I were to tell the percentage by which I prefer the artworks for both, Id say I prefer the newer artworks for both 75%, and the older artworks for both 25%.

I like how Elm's head looks less like bald now, if you notice carefully.
    He also wears a more shirt-like thing on the inside - giving it a more "professor" feel.
    It also shows how he's more carefree type - detalied with things like his shirt sticking out a little on the right side.
    He was, and is, the nice person he is, and I always liked him.

Silver... His body structure has been made nicely.
    But his hands were made to be way too skinny...
    I just hate how they ruined the possiblity of upholding his hair in a better way. It's still good, but I just wanted it to be more laid-back and hanging.
    It seems like they're trying to make him look like Mars. Maybe they'll add on a new story?
    His older look had a special something about it that it missed still...

Kentaz

.shine.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2009
    Elm does look much younger. And Silver got that 'badass rival' look. His jacket looks way cooler with all the details. I hope Sugimori pulls off some neat art with the gym leaders as well.

Last edited:
    Back