• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Art Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    I like both. :0 Really, I do. And ever since I got my tablet (August) I love digital art even more, yet it will always be on par with traditional art.
    Both mediums have their strong points, and things I dislike. Digital Art for example just takes so long, with tradition art mistakes are just so hard to erase once things are no longer in pencil. That's much easier in digital art. And then there are some things here and there I could comment on. >_>

Oh, btw, I would like some c&c. : D Since I really want to get better at art. 2010 will be my year of PEA's (Pose (movement, 'k?), Emotion, Anatomy). But constructive comments have been a little rare at my dA account lately... >.o

https://mudkipblader.deviantart.com/art/Keeper-of-Hell-s-Flames-148732825 (last drawing of 2009) (I'm very proud of it, no matter what you're gonna say. XD)
    https://mudkipblader.deviantart.com/art/One-more-last-time-141670929 (done at the end of the summer)

I haven't been very active yet in 2010.... Just one quicky. :x
    Thanks in advance, though. : D

XCHAMPX

Nazi 4 life!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2010
    Which one is best? Machoke style

Art Discussion ThreadArt Discussion ThreadArt Discussion ThreadArt Discussion ThreadArt Discussion ThreadWhich is the best one?

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    I don't know if this is the right place to ask or not. I don't even know if this is possible. However, in hopes of finding a solution, I would like to ask a question.

Let's say I have a white shirt with dark teal stripes. How would I go about making those teal stripes turn dark or medium blue without using any dyes, inks, or paints that would not discolor the white stripes? If I wash it a certain way, will it fade into blue?

Trent_Jayir

Who the hell do you think i am
    Years
    I don't think theres a way to make the stripes a darker color than they already are without dye/paints, but There must be a chemical you can use to strip the turquoise down to just blue... but it would only be as a dark a blue as the turquoise is now.

Might just be better to buy a new shirt with darker stripes xD;

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    So, I'm not artsy at all, I just fool around on GIMP and such cause its kinda fun. But I was wondering if anyone owns and/or uses a tablet for drawing? I kinda wanted to buy one, but I wanted to get advice as to which one is the best value and what ones are easiest to use, etc. etc.

Please and thank you,

-Gamer.

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
    First things first, so I want some comments for my drawings, no one wants to say anything.
    Can someone say something for all of the pictures? You can say just from one but it would be nice to say something else too.
    Here's the link: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=209442

And second thing for .Gamer: I use tablet for drawing, it's Wacom Bamboo tablet (A5) about 80e.
    Don't know about other tablets, but I just had to install the program to my PC, follow the instructions and plug tablet to my computer's USB place.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    Thanks. The one I was looking at was a Wacom tablet. I have one last question (hopefully), do tablets work with GIMP or do I have to buy Photoshop of some kind?

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
    Yes, it works with GIMP. Tested it few days ago, I don't need it as I have Photoshop.
    It works fine with everything, it can be used as a mouse, you can play games with it (or you can just draw with it). Some drawing programs didn't support all of the pen abilitys but as you use GIMP you have nothing to worry about (not sure).

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    I have a Wacom Intuos3 A4 Tablet, and I haven't got any complaints about it. Not it the slightest, I love my tablet.

It works with everything, you don't need a special drawing program to use it.

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    Requesting artist who is willing to form partnership to create comic.

Spriters, Paint drawers, pen drawers, it doesn't matter. You just need to be able to draw, preferabbly know how to color, and have a scanner. I would be writing the comic. Please post a sample of your work.

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2012
    I would like to, but... unless I'm getting paid, I really can't afford to take that time out of my schedule. xD

~Starry

Kobold Asylum

It's Trolling Time
    Years
    Spoiler:

I used to be able to sprite but I lost my GIMP when I reinstalled Windows.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I'm considering buying a Wacom tablet to improve my digital art. I want to buy this (https://www.wacom.com/bamboo/bamboo_pen.php) one because it looks fairly simple, and it is cheap compared to the others. I know it isn't the best, but does anyone with experience of Wacom tablets or tablets in general know if this is okay to start out with? Really, I just want something cheap that still works.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    The Bamboo is the new "beginner" tablet, which is easy to tell because it's cheap and doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles. So, if it's your first tablet, then yes, it's the best one to start out with.

Just keep in mind that, even though it seems like it'll be really easy to get used to, it does take some practice. It also won't automatically make you a better graphic artist, and there are plenty of people who create amazing work with a mouse or even the touchpad of their laptop.

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    I used a Bamboo myself, and sisn't find anything wrong with it. The fancy shmancy extras the expensives ones come with are only options, real artists can use the simplest of tools to create something beautiful =D

Silver

Kyle
    Years
    I too have a bamboo, and it serves it's purpose. Eventually I'd like to have a cintiq (I'm talking way way future, when I'm out of college) because hopefully by then I'll have my major in architecture and my minor in graphic design.

Anyways, I was wondering if I could get any feedback on my sig/avatar I just made, it's simple I know, but I'm just getting back into the swing of things. And yes the text feels weird, but I haven't gotten around to trying to fix that. =/

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    Can anyone help me with GIMP. I can't decompress the files correctly, it always comes installed as Bz2. I have windows, if that changes the matter at all.

Telekinesis

Psychic Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2010
    Lol, I know my avi and sig both suck, but could I please get a rating? I sorta just threw them together.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back