• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Art of the week/month?

The Darkest Gale

Welcome to my life
Years
  • so this Idea I have been thinking of for a while
    please don't shoot this down straight away :(

anyway my idea is that we have an Art of the week because we have:
    SOTW- for graphic artists
    POTW- for poets
    but what about the the pencil and paper? there are some amazing artists on PC that deserve something
    so what do you guys think?

EDIT:

I know all the problems. No mod in the art gallery, Popularity etc but hopefully that would get sorted
    we also would need an emblem

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    To be honest, I would like to see something like that be implemented within the art gallery. Though I can see there being an issue of the number of participants, who would judge, and who would host seeing as in there isn't a mod of the section either.
    I feel the number of entries on a weekly basis would be pretty low. However for a monthly entry it would makse sense.
    The thing is, if you were to judge a contest on drawing, you would have to make it fair so that both digital artists (those with tablets and such) as well as those who can only draw with pen & paper then scan the picture.
    There are quite a few artists on PC, so it would be nice to see a contest like this so hopefully your suggestion will bring home to some decent feedback.
    I think organisation and thought is key if you wish this to work out.

The Darkest Gale

Welcome to my life
    Years
  • To be honest, I would like to see something like that be implemented within the art gallery. Though I can see there being an issue of the number of participants, who would judge, and who would host seeing as in there isn't a mod of the section either.
    I feel the number of entries on a weekly basis would be pretty low. However for a monthly entry it would makse sense.
    The thing is, if you were to judge a contest on drawing, you would have to make it fair so that both digital artists (those with tablets and such) as well as those who can only draw with pen & paper then scan the picture.
    There are quite a few artists on PC, so it would be nice to see a contest like this so hopefully your suggestion will bring home to some decent feedback.
    I think organisation and thought is key if you wish this to work out.

I see where you are coming from ;)
    I have a tablet myself so yes that would be included
    A month would probably be better
    this is to try and get the Art Gallery more popular in a way so maybe once it starts more people will join in

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • yeah, I never thought about that idea XD sounds great, I think there should be one like every month

then maybe i'll finaly get a chance at winning something

Uecil

Years
  • I think that would be a good idea because there are lots of good artist out there that deserve recognation. We would probubly need a mod and people to juge though :\

I see what your getting at there, who are moderators for the art section, though?

maybe this could be another thread sugestion another mod for the art corner, like for judging competions or another member to run it.

Uecil

Years
  • there are no mods in the art gallery =/ which is why for this to go ahead we would need one

Oh, my gosh the amount of times i hung out in that section, i actually never noticed, than yeah i totally double triple agree on this

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
  • This sounds like a good idea to me. :D

Tho may I add a suggestion, since it's Art of the week and we know drawing takes a bit longer then making banners so you could have it like Art of the Month, or call it Art of the Week and make it last like 2 weeks..

Also there is no need to worry about there not being a Art mod, you see Loki is THE current Art mod and she has been doing a great job with that, her title may say S-Mod, but she basically takes care of the section so I say send her a line about this.. :D

The Darkest Gale

Welcome to my life
    Years
  • This sounds like a good idea to me. :D

Tho may I add a suggestion, since it's Art of the week and we know drawing takes a bit longer then making banners so you could have it like Art of the Month, or call it Art of the Week and make it last like 2 weeks..

Also there is no need to worry about there not being a Art mod, you see Loki is THE current Art mod and she has been doing a great job with that, her title may say S-Mod, but she basically takes care of the section so I say send her a line about this.. :D

yay :D

well art of the week I said because AOTW sounds cool :P but 2 weeks is a good time limit to get some art done

forgot lol loki takes care of the art gallery forums xD lol :D
    so I send her a pm about this or the thread link

Back