• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Art Style

Years
    I used to read things made by CLAMP when I was younger because it was all I could really get...looking back at the crazy long limbed people...yeah. ugh

Aside from their crazy long-limbed characters, I love their artwork, more so in their manga than anime series though \: It just does not look natural any way you look at it...

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
    Art style doesn't influence any of my decisions to drop a series. At least, it hasn't happened yet. Ping Pong is a unique example that put me off from watching it when it started airing but after watching the episodes, I can at least appreciate it's classic art stye that makes the show special.

Some of those eye's in CLAMP's art design are huge and are pretty creepy to me ;v

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
    I love Key's art style. The character styles in Little Busters, Air, Kanon and Clannad are my favourite art style to this date :) They're just so cute and it's very unique. You'd note that style anywhere if you saw it!

I will judge an anime based on the art. If the art looks lazy, then I feel that the anime story and all that would be lazy as well. I know that's not always the case but sometimes it is.

I'm also biased with cute things. If the art looks cute and pretty, it'll definitely catch my eye. I watch anime for good plot and all that but also to stare at the beautiful animation. If the animation is hideous, why would I want to look at it for a whole season?

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    I honestly do not get the complaints against Soul Eater NOT! At. All.

It is a friggin spin-off. Of cute girls doing cute things. You can't expect it to have the rougher art style the original series had. It just does NOT work here. The premise just doesn't suit it. Though yes, if SE gets a remake and they STILL use NOT!'s style then yeah, that's a legitimate complaint in my eyes. :v

anyway, I've been watching Kaiji. It has a very, very weird art style and most of you spoiled brats won't even give the series a chance because of it. But the series is so amazing a psychological thriller that it entered my top 5 anime of all time just like that. So. Damn. Amazing.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    LegendTriforce said:
    Rozen Maiden

Stuff like this and overly cutesy or exaggerated art styles turn me off to an anime. Gosick was really good when it came to Victorique herself but I felt that everything else was an entirely different style and it just made despise it. At least, that's how the manga was. I never tried more than an episode of the anime.

derozio

Years
    Just curious, what do you guys think of this?

Art Style

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
    Watching Clannad was both one of the hardest yet one of the most fulfilling Animes that I've watched.

The art style was very hard to appreciate, but the story was amazing.

Have a sample:
    Spoiler:

The art is pretty redundant.

derozio

Years
    Too bad you're missing out on a series that is better than Death Note in the psychological battle aspect, Solace. ;; The show is wonderful. It looks weird, yes, even I said so in the first episode. 'It looks SO weird'. But it fits the series very much and I now love the style. ;;

derozio

Years
    Of course you don't. I never told you the name, lol. It is called 'Kaiji'. I finished the first season in three days. Which, considering the fact that I am time-bound and have to pay in a cafe to watch, is too much. It is THAT good. Very clever, very engaging and shows the ugly side of our society. Currently in my top 5 faves of all time.

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
    Ah. I finished all 25 episodes of Steins;Gate in one night.

Some people dislike the art style, saying that the colors are too dark or washed out.

I actually appreciate that style of coloring. It's realistic and I think it allows the watcher to focus more on the story.

derozio

Years
    I think it fit the series well. I can't see Steins;Gate working with the art style of, say, No Game No Life.

derozio

Years
    As a design centered and art oriented person, don't you think exposing yourself to a variety of art styles would actually help you out? I mean, although not as good as you, I'm an artist myself. And I do plan to practise art myself. But my outlook on weird art styles is this - they exist and should therefore be experienced. The more I know about various kinds of art styles, the better variation I can bring in some of my works and the more I can actually broaden my horizons.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    As a design centered and art oriented person, don't you think exposing yourself to a variety of art styles would actually help you out? I mean, although not as good as you, I'm an artist myself. And I do plan to practise art myself. But my outlook on weird art styles is this - they exist and should therefore be experienced. The more I know about various kinds of art styles, the better variation I can bring in some of my works and the more I can actually broaden my horizons.

Yes, absolutely. IMO a well-pulled off different art style always beats a generic one. :P

It still means that I'll have a harder time getting into something if I perceive the art style as "bad", though. Which often happens when they want to try something different but don't have the skills or resources to make it all the way.

Back