• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Artist's Challenge!

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Well, I'm bad at art and bad at drawing with a trackpad, so this is the best I can do.
Spoiler:

Years
Actually, I mean to update this thread about that.

Due to the Get-Together extension, the Artist's Challenge shall be extended till Thursday 21st July at 11:59 PM GMT. This gives entrants more time to send in their entries, and people who have already entered are free to edit their entries within that time.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I guess I can enter in my picture. ^_^

Summer reminds me of the beach, always. And the first thing that reminds me of the beach is the sunset. So I went ahead and drew a picture of the sunset on the ocean. thank goodness for Photoshop brushes!

Spoiler:

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
I'm seeing plenty of really well done pieces, can't even decide which ones I think look the best ;w;

Good luck to current and future participants!

And the contest ends one minute before my birthday o3o

LightOfTruth

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 16, 2020
Next time you could separate the digital Artist's from the Traditional Artist's

Traditional Artist's: People who do something on paper
Digital Artist's: People who use Photoshop or Paint

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
Neither Paint or PS are very good making art with, IMO.
SAI is the ultimate digital artist's tool!

It's an interesting idea, but I don't really see the point in separating them. You can make traditional art look really good, and when it does I believe it's more impressing than digital art. So it's not like it's unfair.
Also, if you used both traditional and digital elements, what would it classify as?

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
Years
Last minute entry!

Spoiler:

I'm so glad I made the deadline. ;; I've been really busy/haven't actually posted over here in a few months. I saw the Get-Together notice in my inbox and made a point of stopping by. :3

Charmander_004

I love Pokémon and Charmander
Years
Next time you could separate the digital Artist's from the Traditional Artist's

Traditional Artist's: People who do something on paper
Digital Artist's: People who use Photoshop or Paint

I think its a great idea, since traditional art looks different than digital art, and you either use one or the other, you can't use both at the same time, can you? So it wouldn't be a problem to separate them.

BTW, is the contest over already? Will the winners be posted here?

=>Inkpuddle, that vaporeon is SUPERB!

Last edited:

Osha_say_wott?!

osha osha
Years
I think its a great idea, since traditional art looks different than digital art, and you either use one or the other, you can't use both at the same time, can you? So it wouldn't be a problem to separate them.

I used both. =D I hand drew my pic, scanned it, then colored it by way of my computer.^^ You can see for yourself; it's the one above this post of yours. :donut:

Charmander_004

I love Pokémon and Charmander
Years
I used both. =D I hand drew my pic, scanned it, then colored it by way of my computer.^^ You can see for yourself; it's the one above this post of yours. :donut:

Ohh!! I see, i thought you did it only on the computer, pretty interesting then. Well I guess now I know why it's not separated.

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
Years
With every entry i feel less and less confident about mine :embarrass. I was amazed by Pokestickgoodtimes, Aorio, Inkpuddle and CommanderPigg's entries. Your hard work and effort paied off as i was blown by their beauty.

PS: The rest were beautiful too but these are my favourites ( no hard feelings )

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
Years
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

All right, it's finished!

Spoiler:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Last edited:
Years
We'll know now!

Forest Grovyle and I have decided that the winners are...

1st Place: aragornbird
2nd Place: Aorio
3rd Place: Inkpuddle

Honourable Mentions:
Pokestick, good times
CommanderPigg

Thanks all for participating!

Back