• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Artwork showcase critic welcomed thanks in advanced

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 26, 2021
Pattern Artwork

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Stained Glass style artwork

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

No 2 Pencil Shading Artworks

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Crossover Artwork​

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Original Characters (My OC's)

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Art Trade Artwork for Artfight

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Pokémon Artwork

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
[/spoiler]

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

For Contests I've Entered

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Star Wars Artwork Resistance, Rebels.ect​

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

OC and canon character interactions

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
[/spoiler]

Spoiler:
[/spoiler]

Last edited:

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 27, 2024
Hi! I enjoyed going through your art, and it's sort of rare to see traditional artists so it's cool see that community still thrive :D

Here's some general critique for you:

1. Try to keep your coloring consistent! A lot of your pieces that use marker seem to bleed, which makes some of the color a bit splotchy, which is very evident in pieces where the background is one large color. It's a bit more work, but coloring with marker a bit slower and carefully hides the bleeding better. A more expensive option is to buy markers that are specially made for artists, such as copics.

2. When coloring, try coloring in one direction! Coloring in one direction unifies the entire piece more, especially when using colored pencils/markers. There ARE times when coloring in different directions can be used, but are mostly advanced techniques to control a viewer's focus and pushing a focal point. Considering the artistic level of your pieces, it would be best to learn coloring in one direction first, and then experimenting with different directions when you begin to learn about creating focals.

3. The stain glass artstyle relies a lot on careful placing of lines to create focals. For your pieces, you seem to be putting the lines in random areas just to break up the shapes. An example of this is this piece you made, where the lines are very parallel to each other rather than in a more fractured pattern that stain glass is known for. It's a lot of work to make fractal-ish patterns, but I believe it would help make your art pop out more like other stained glass pieces!

For reference, here are some stained glass artworks that use more fractured patterning:
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/91CVTrIo0tL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
https://www.stainedglasswindows.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/os-e1561995130952.jpg
https://carvingstudio.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/IMG_6219.jpg

As you can see in these, the lines don't "repeat" themselves, but rather break up a large shape into smaller shapes. The last example with the lotus flower is a good example to look at. The leaves are their own shapes, which is very fitting for the stained glass artstyle.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 26, 2021
Thank you so much for the critic Sunfished I'll keep it in mind. I looked at Disney examples when I started for the stained glass style so this was nice to take a look at some others. Just to see how it was done.

Updated on 11/17/2020

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
Years
Hello there!

Coloured pencils are definitely one of my favourite mediums to use and it is nice to see others using them as well! I do like the more solid colouring approach in your many of your pieces as well and looks bold. Some techniques I have used with this material are using them on coloured paper (i.e. I find black paper adds a richness to the colours) and lightly layered my colours to add a bit more depth to the drawings until I get a more solid colour (if you wish to go for shading). I would recommend experimenting with those when working with this medium because I feel they help make the drawings pop a bit more.

Hope this helps and keep on drawing! :]

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 26, 2021
Updated on: 11/26/2020​

Added two more crossover pictures as well as some of my characters I've made over time I hope everyone likes them.

Thanks so much Fafaia for the advice much apricated.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 26, 2021
Updated on: 12/6/2020

Added some more to crossovers, pattern artwork, and shading artwork.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 26, 2021
Updated on: 12/15/2020

Added one to Number 2 Pencil Shading Artworks

As well as a Star Wars section.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 26, 2021
Updated on 1/1/2021 Happy New Year Everyone

Added one to the Pokemon section

Added two to the OC section

Lordecoxinha

English might falter
Years
Hello! Traditional art is an amazing medium and I'm glad there are artists like you keeping it alive in a time when digital art seems to be dominating.

I've dabbled in it a little, back when I was a teen I used to be a huge fan of Darksilvania's work (you should check him out on DeviantArt, his older work is pretty much all traditional and I reckon there's a lot to be learned from him) and recently I've tried my hand at pencil coloring.

Lemme give you a piece of advice: you shouldn't always go full force with the coloring pencils. Actually, I find it better to first color in an area with some very light strokes and then go over it with more force to create shadows. Sometimes, using different colors to shade yields even better results. Imo some of your pieces could use some more contrast, and that should help achieving it.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 26, 2021
Thank you so much I'll keep your advice in mind Lordecoxinha.

Updated on 2/22/2021​

One added to the "My OCs"

Two added to "Patterns"

Two added to "Crossovers Artwork"

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Oh man, this is so unique. I don't think I've ever seen an artist take full advantage of the entire page quite like you have and that is really, really impressive. I love that you're not afraid to fill up every available space with vibrant color and patterns. Your style is so distinct, too! Your use of geometric shapes and unconventional proportions really does read like a stained glass image.

There's definitely a bit you can learn and practice about anatomy and realism... but truthfully I like the playful and stylistic nature of your art and I think you should keep playing to those strengths. It's hard not to smile looking at drawings so colorful and saturated.

Though I do agree with Lordecoxinha, be wary of being too heavy-handed with your coloring. Remember; you can always add color but you can never take it away. Try to even out those pencil strokes so they all face in the same direction smoothly too. Perhaps consider outlining the foreground subject with a thin black marker to keep it from blending into the background.

Overall though, this legit just looks like you're having fun with your drawing and that's the most important thing. Keep experimenting, keep creating, and keep sharing!

Back