• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

as someone finally doing a full watch-through, any seasons I should skip?

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jun 26, 2022
    I love the anime. It's funny and comforting and nostalgic. I can deal with the VA changes and the art styles changes and all that as long as the general vibe of the show stays mostly the same. I've been ranking the seasons after I finish them and so far Indigo League was my fave, Master Quest a close second, and Johto League Championships was my least fave. I'm nearly done with Advanced Gen now, and I'd probably rank it below MQ, but just a bit. I don't really care for May, so she's a big reason why. I also love Team Rocket (J&J > everyone else) and I heard they don't show up as much in the later seasons so I'm like...meh :// about that. I would just like to be cautioned beforehand, if there's anything maybe the fandom as a whole thought was a pass and just not worth watching. What do you think? ^^

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I don't have any advice for you but I wish you luck in your mission nonetheless. It's an admirable one.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jun 26, 2022
    I don't have any advice for you but I wish you luck in your mission nonetheless. It's an admirable one.

I'm a great binge watcher. I watched 12 years of Criminals Minds in 4 months.

Jiggykoopbob

Local Pokémon loving Goomba. (Flair theme: SM64DS)
    Years
    As someone who is actually also watching almost the entirety of the anime, If you want a bit of advice from me, i'd suggest watching all seasons, but skip over the episodes that have no relevance to the main plot. So called "Filler Episodes" in which no important events happen like Ash obtaining a gym badge, catching a species of Pokémon to add to his team or major story event in general occur really. That's at least how i watch the show.

Back