• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash Ketchum Saviour of The World.......and wait, what, unknown?

Ash Ketchum; Saviour of the World, The Chosen One, Winner of the Orange League and.......completely UNKNOWN. I mean what? I know that it is only in the films that he has been involved in saving the world or individual places from complete destruction, but they are meant to tie in with the series, but seriously.

You would think that news of all that he has done or been involved in would travel, he should be a celebrity or at least someone should say; "Oh my Lord that's Ash Ketchum the guy that saved the world!!!!" or "Didn't you win the Orange League a few years ago?"

Also as he is THE CHOSEN ONE, and was born to save the world , surely someone would report the coming true of a prophecy, he is a Holy Being, he is a Living Saint and yet no one recognises him ever, or his name.

Actually, I'd like to think that there is at least one "Shrine to Ash The Chosen One" probably in The Orange Islands somewhere, there's probably a religion that worships Ash hahahahahaha, well there should be...

People should be definitely mobbing him every day and treating the ground he walks on a Sanctified Ground...ok maybe not, but yeah....

MEGA MEGA PLOT HOLES

Hehehe this just dawned on me when watching the movies..and i thought it would be fun to talk about.

Actually the series would be strange and very slow if he was constantly tailed by hoards of pilgrims, zealots and adoring fans hehehehehehe.

I hope I haven't talked the whole thing out myself ^^

Euphoric Magikarp

Magikarp ~<3
Years
  • Ash isn't someone to praise not when there are still so many trainers stronger than him. Plus it would all go to his head anyways.

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years
  • Ash isn't someone to praise not when there are still so many trainers stronger than him. Plus it would all go to his head anyways.

True, but the plot holes are showing. He's already encountered like what, almost all the legendaries. Riding on Lugia's back wouldn't grant you national fame, now would it?

"Chosen one!"
    "I'm coming!"
    "Chosen one!"
    "I'm coming!"
    "Chosen one!"
    "I'm coming!"

-Kung Pow

True, but the plot holes are showing. He's already encountered like what, almost all the legendaries. Riding on Lugia's back wouldn't grant you national fame, now would it?

"Chosen one!"
    "I'm coming!"
    "Chosen one!"
    "I'm coming!"
    "Chosen one!"
    "I'm coming!"

-Kung Pow

No but forfilling an ancient prophecy whilst saving the world would definatley do that, and it was on TV so there's the coverage.

What is the "I'm coming!" bit about exactly?^^

Ash isn't someone to praise not when there are still so many trainers stronger than him. Plus it would all go to his head anyways.

True, but i wasn't really saying he was the worlds strongest trainer.

Last edited:

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    im not saying he's lame.
    im saying he just lacks basic trainer skills...

im not saying he's lame.
    im saying he just lacks basic trainer skills...

Granted, this seems to happen, yet also that's probably so he doesn't waltz into every region a wipe the floor with almost everyone, which actually you would think he should by now, but anyway that is a different topic....

BAck to Ash saves the world and yet is unknown.....

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    there is an episode that he is the "chosen one".

true, he has seen legendaries & owns a shiny.he's just lucky!!!

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    i think its about the stone that lights up if energized by elecric pokemon....
    ("a different kind of misty")

Twero

ii'
    Years
  • Ash don't need to be venerate all time. He saved many times, but it's past. Not just "lucky" to see Pokémon. Ash is the Chosen of Lugia's legend and the person who can use a bit of Aura.
    It's not just "lucky". ii'

i think its about the stone that lights up if energized by elecric pokemon....
    ("a different kind of misty")

O cool thanks, but i meant with the whole Movie 2000 "THE CHOSEN ONE" and also Movie 3ness. Thanks for that, and that actually adds another thing that he would be recognised somewhere else for as its another prophecy that he forfilled

Ash don't need to be venerate all time. He saved many times, but it's past. Not just "lucky" to see Pokémon. Ash is the Chosen of Lugia's legend and the person who can use a bit of Aura.
    It's not just "lucky". ii'

I agree that he doesn't need to be venerated ALL the time but recognised sometimes definatley, its crazy that he never is, only a new prophecy appears, never someone remembering an older one.

He's definatley not just "lucky" i agree there,

do you think there will ever be a retrospective episode were he suddenly realises that he's not just a normal person?

Last edited:

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    my 200th post is here!!!(yehey!!)

he is definitely very very lucky.....
    he has seen most of the legendaries.....
    h has a freakin' shiny noctowl!!!

isn't that proof enough???

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Well, why would he be known? He hasn't won anything except Orange Islands and Battle Frontier, which both seem to be kind of unknown, except Dome Ace Tucker who has huge crowds. No one has reported him knowing or seeing legandaries so I suppose he wouldn't be known.

The-master-trainer

Chatot rocks!
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Jul 10, 2008
    I agree, Ash has a shiny and has seen legendarysm, but other people have shinies and have seen them .I agree with Jorah. He shouldn't be famous just because of that.

Twero

ii'
    Years
  • my 200th post is here!!!(yehey!!)

he is definitely very very lucky.....
    he has seen most of the legendaries.....
    h has a freakin' shiny noctowl!!!

isn't that proof enough???
    Everybody meet with Shiny in Pokémon World. They are not lucky. Meeting with legendaries...
    Just three words: Ash is.....special.
    Jorah said:
    He hasn't won anything except Orange Islands and Battle Frontier, which both seem to be kind of unknown, except Dome Ace Tucker who has huge crowds. No one has reported him knowing or seeing legandaries so I suppose he wouldn't be known.
    Maybe. The Battle Frontier and Orange League are a little difficult, but, like you see, Gary ALWAYS defeat Ash in a Battle after he win Orange or Battle Fronier.
    FACT!
    Both of them are very weak championship, just that.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Maybe. The Battle Frontier and Orange League are a little difficult, but, like you see, Gary ALWAYS defeat Ash in a Battle after he win Orange or Battle Fronier.
    FACT!
    Both of them are very weak championship, just that.

Umm, I might agree with you on the Orange League, but I'm afraid I can't really say the same thing in regards to Battle Frontier. I mean, the Battle brains were mentioned to be stronger than EVEN the elite 4 (this was mentioned in both of the games AS WELL AS the Anime), so I really wouldn't label them as weak (much less very weak) if I were you.

I agree, Ash has a shiny and has seen legendarysm, but other people have shinies and have seen them .I agree with Jorah. He shouldn't be famous just because of that.

I agree, I didn't start it as that. It's weird that he fulfils prophecies and is basically a holy thing, and no one seems to know/care ever (in anime; I'm not attacking people here).

I wasn't saying he should be famous for having a shiny or being "lucky"

@Jorah: (with no hostility) I wonder why no one would report the fulfilment of a prophecy when the guy's still alive, that's plot holage in a way; why didn't they? I mean if he was born so that he could basically save the world (The True Chosen One) why would no one report it when it all came true?

Assuming nothing is reported.....Do people think that he would be known if it all was reported across the world; The Chosen One/fulfilling prophecies/always there when something huge happens/wins a few Leagues now and then(even if they're not huge)?

Back