• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: Ash might win the Kalos League next episode

LHT

I do pokemon sprites sometimes
Years
  • I'm not really surprised for Ash's loss at the league again.

But I think Alola will get some pretty bad ratings after this...

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    I'm not really surprised for Ash's loss at the league again.

Probably even WORSE ratings than XY, which is saying something when the anime very rarely gets in the top 10 anymore, and it's even rarer to even make it high there either. Pokémon's gotten bad ratings since AG, but even it at least got the Top 10 many times until now. Hope the writers have gotten their affairs in order, because I don't expect the anime to last beyond the 20th Anniversary with the way they're doing things.

Years
  • I'm not really surprised for Ash's loss at the league again.

Given Alola is said to have no Gyms, I expect it to do something different with Ash's journey there. Maybe a change to his quest might actually resonate well with the viewers when you consider how many different routes Game Freak have been taking with the new games.

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
    Years
  • What grinding my gears right now is that I had quit the anime after Ash lost to a meowth in hoenn and only seen the sinnoh league so when XY was coming out I got excited for it and binged watched the entire Pokemon series to catch up to XY . Also felt like he would win this time around made me get my hopes up. Felt like I did all that for nothing

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    What grinding my gears right now is that I had quit the anime after Ash lost to a meowth in hoenn and only seen the sinnoh league so when XY was coming out I got excited for it and binged watched the entire Pokemon series to catch up to XY . Also felt like he would win this time around made me get my hopes up. Felt like I did all that for nothing

Believe it or not, you're lucky you ONLY managed to binge watch for the Kalos saga. Had you watched the Unova saga and especially the bit regarding the Unova league... let's put it this way, you would have thought the Meowth loss from Hoenn was far better, and you'd probably not only leave the show, but also probably advocate a revolution against the Anime (I MIGHT be exaggerating with that last bit).

Sir Codin

Wow, what a surprise....he lost. For the millionth fucking time. Why is the show focused on this little shit again? Especially when Alain was a much more interesting character?

It's hard to root for a character when all he does for the past 20 goddamn years is lose big events.

And people wonder why the show's rating have plummeted.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • My friends at Disquis, myself included, are simply enjoying their popcorn for the salt from every Pokémon fan who saw this episode.

Let me quote one of their posts:

One of my fondest memories of Pokemon is how Ash takes his losses well. it really drove home the importance of good sportsmanship to me.

It's really not about winning or losing for him, it's about going on an adventure, meeting new people and growing as a person. And I think fans today have really lost sight of that.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • The first half of the finals was really so much better than the second half. As soon as Goodra kept getting hit by Bisharp's attacks I knew it was over, because it seemed like the writers were just wanting to get Ash's Pokemon out of the way. It was as if they wrote a battle where anyone could win in the first half, then just cleaned up Ash's team with BS like Guillotine in the second half. Oh well.

I assume that Ash and Alain are going to battle again in the Team Flare arc, and Ash is going to beat him then.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2017
    The fact that they pretty much shoved the battle out of the way for the Team Flare arc was disappointing. The fact that he lost against someone who was just in the league 'for fun' and to 'fight strong pokemon' was also a disappointment.

Really, if they were going to have Ash lose they really should have done it with Shouta. But ofc they stuck Alan in the league to have some big face-off between him and Ash so I suppose it was inevitable. Still, I find it pretty insulting to not just Ash but Shouta too that both were beaten by someone whose dream was not even to win the league to begin with.

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2024
    Wow, what a surprise....he lost. For the millionth ****ing time. Why is the show focused on this little **** again? Especially when Alain was a much more interesting character?

It's hard to root for a character when all he does for the past 20 goddamn years is lose big events.

And people wonder why the show's rating have plummeted.

It was the same in Sinnoh the contest grand final. After loosing to Zoey once or twice we all thought Dawn would beat her and win the cup. I think that they don't like the main characters to win any major tournaments for some reason. Same as why a few episodes ago Serena did not win Karlos queen.

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Forget the anime, it's the same old **** every year :p

Nah.

Anyway, Ash losing barely comes as a surprise to me. Besides, the word "victory" in the title could have implied anything, really. At least Ash isn't a sore loser, right? Please don't sprinkle too much salt... I mean, yes, it is very disappointing, but maybe Ash will defeat Alain in the Team Flare arc...

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Nah.

Anyway, Ash losing barely comes as a surprise to me. Besides, the word "victory" in the title could have implied anything, really. At least Ash isn't a sore loser, right? Please don't sprinkle too much salt... I mean, yes, it is very disappointing, but maybe Ash will defeat Alain in the Team Flare arc...

That's a stupid title though. They should have used some generic league name.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    They really should have had him achieve a Pokémon League victory, really. Ignoring for just a moment that Ash DOES have a goal of becoming the world's greatest Pokémon Master (which they rubbed into us since... well, the first episode of the series I guess), which practically REQUIRES at least one League win from a region of the games, Alola doesn't even HAVE gyms or a league, so why have Ash lose the league at this point? He'd have to wait until Generation VIII before he can even do a league again, which is actually pretty pointless. Even the writers had to have realized this.

Guest123_x1

I knew all this mumbo-jumbo about Ash being "about to win" would be a big lie. I think it should be obvious by now that Ash will never win any present or future League based in a main series game's region. Even if Alola (which probably won't even have a league) or one of its follow-ups is the last region to ever be featured in the anime, Ash won't win any of those leagues. In other words, the anime will eventually end without Ash ever winning a single main league (Orange Islands doesn't count since it wasn't really featured in any main series primary paired game.)

I feel like saying to everybody here for this and all future Leagues that "I told you so!"

Back