• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash vs. Gary vs. Paul vs. Ritchie

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    These four Pokémon trainers are in an all-out, free for all Pokémon battle. Who do you think would win this match?

Arena: Pokémon League Normal Ring

Participants:

Ash Ketchum
    Pokémon on Hand: Pikachu, Charizard, Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Snorlax, Donphan

Paul
    Pokémon on Hand: Torterra, Electivire, Honchkrow, Weavile, Ursaring, Magmortar

Gary Oak
    Pokémon on Hand: Blastoise, Umbreon, Electivire, Arcanine, Nidoqueen, Aerodactyl

Ritchie
    Pokémon on Hand: Pikachu, Charizard, Butterfree, Tyrannitar, Staraptor, Floatzel

MadaraUchiha.

Typhlosion Master
    Years
  • Why does Ash have horrible pokemon? He would probably have Pikachu,Charizard,Bayleef,Corfish,Gligar,Gible as well some from each generation and those are the best I can think off of the top of my head. If Ash did have those ones he would win, if not Gary

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    Horrible Pokemon? I think he trusts the skills of these Pokemon enough to put them up against legendary Pokemon. Remember Brandon? These are easily his most trust worthy Pokemon.

wee187

Beat 358/2 Days on 10/5/09
    Years
  • I don't know about skill but in terms of a random guess, I'd have to say Richie simply because he's the least hot-headed and one of my favorite characters. :3 I do wish he comes back to the anime soon.

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2012
    Ash Ketchum
    Pokémon on Hand: Pikachu, Charizard, Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Snorlax, Donphan

I'd replace..
    Donphan with Bayleef
    Maybe take out Squirtle for a newer generation PKMN.

It sucks because it's hard to narrow it to six.

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    I'm not asking who you'd replace it with, but who would win.

Years
  • Either Gary or Paul. Ash always loses to them & I honestly don't see Ritchie making a dent in beating anyone's pokemon

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
  • Well, based on previous battles, we know that

Paul > Ash

Ritchie > Ash

Ash > Gary

Ritchie and Paul are the only ones not to have been beaten by Ash. Add in the fact that Ritchie's the biggest Stu imaginable, and he's sure to win

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    Actually, it's actually pretty heavily implied that if Ash's Charizard wasn't so defiant, Ash would've defeated Ritchie.

яє∂

Years
  • Whoa had no idea Paul is kinda based on Silver from manga well his Pokemon are the same anyways o-o. On topic now well considering the choices I would pick Ash or Paul only because Ritchie haven't seen him in years and Gary is more of a breeder now o-o.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • Ash is too wimpy and Ritchie is too altruistic, so I'd have to take it down to Paul vs Gary. I know Ash and Ritchie can both get serious, but even so, I can't see them taking out Gary and/or Paul unless they teamed up (which they probably would, after which they would refuse to fight each other or something XD)

Out of Paul and Gary . . . Hmm, they're both serious, strong battlers with neat Pokemon, but I'd put my money on Gary. Paul has the disadvantage that his Pokemon aren't, as a general rule, too fond of him. They're loyal, sure - as Torterra told Ash's Grotle - but loyalty alone wouldn't be enough to pull through in a pinch, whereas Gary, stuck-up though he may be, does care for his Pokemon.

And knowing him, they're all goddamn EV-trained as well.

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2011
    gary oak?.... i supose... hey i forget but did the red haired A-hole ever apear in the show? if not then that would make sense why ash was so suprised about paul. that guy was an A-hole to his pokemon in the game, atleast paul kinda cares for his pokemon, that red haird guy was worse, it was just a chat box and i still felt bad for his pokemon... well, the way you care if a main charecter dies in an rpg, or book, or other non-real thing

Back