• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash vs Gary!

Who`s the best?

• Ash

Votes: 25 43.1%
  • Gary

Votes: 33 56.9%

• Total voters

Drifblim

Banned
    Years
    I really don't like either, since Gary's too complacent and Ash, even as he's practically thrust into the field, doesn't do much to make up for things.

I'd go with Richie. Apparently evolved Pokémon aren't that dependable in the animé, as he demonstrated.

AC

Pokemon Master in the making..
    Years
    I vote Ash for a couple of reasons. I really dont like Gary like everyone has said from the first season he was such a stuck up... well you get the picture. Plus Ash does have a pretty good way of battling with all his stratigies and tatics. Plus if you havent noticed Ash is allways the underdog and allways wins due to what I mentioned earlier he has good tatics. So yea I belive Ash would win.

Onslaught

The Uncanny Onslaught
    Years
    Ash for the win, he actually cared about his pokemon, helped out people along the way, and went through many hardships battling in each area to get to where he is. And yes, Gary was stuck up in the first season (didnt know he was in any other season..) so there!

Animehero

Elite PKMN Trainer
    Years
    I hate Ash, but he could beat Gary. He stood up to all kinds of legendarys, He went farther then Gary in the Indigo League, face it, Ash's and ass but he's better then Gary.

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
    I don't dislike Ash, but if I were to vote between the two, my votes are for Gary.. I think is so cool, and he's such a good trainer too. ^^

Animehero

Elite PKMN Trainer
    Years
    Ash's team:
    Pikachu: 82
    Sceptile:45
    Donphan: 56
    Aipom:17
    Swellow: 50
    Corphish: 39
    Gary's team:
    Elikible: 67
    Umbreon: 78
    See the dif?

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
    Ash, Gary lost to ASH in the pokemon league, despite having stronger pokemon =P

Years
    Well, i vote for Ash, but deep inside i know Gary is the better cause he is more skilled than Ash. But i don't like Gary that much, i feel Ash is much closer to me as a person so yeah.

She-Elf

Nyaa :3
    Years
    Well, I don't like Gary, so I vote for Ash, but Gary have a lot of strong pokèmon, and he is more skilled, so I guess he is better.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2008
    Generally, I think that Gary's more skilled in one-on-one battles, such as Elekibire v. Pikachu. Ash, though, seems to beat him out in team battles (3-on-3, 5-on-5, etcetera). Gary's got some really great skills but Ash is innovative. I like them both, but Ash always was the character I liked more. XD.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2016
    I prefer Gary's pokemon alot more...i used to watch maybe season 1 and yea he was a jerk but I remember Arcanine...and that was one of my favorite pokemon.
    Im going with Gary..

Back