• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash

Do you like ash?

• Yes

Votes: 36 53.7%
  • No

Votes: 31 46.3%

• Total voters

Shadowthinker

Blissey OKOer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2008
    Do you like Ash Ketchum?I personally don't because he thinks of winning all the time and assumes he does.

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes
    Years
    Actually I sort of hate Ash. seems he the protagonist of every series. except chronicles.
    And I mean.... Sinnoh? Pikachu vs. Elekid should be easy!. its like pikachu was downgraded to level 5.
    Wish Ash's Team of Johto. I think Gold or Silver or Red, Blue , Green can defeat him very easily.

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years
    hate ash can't stand him. winning battles only be the grace of the writers, who do a poor job at it as well.

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
    I like him! I always have! :) Guess I'm just strange like that. lol.

shedinjask

all about how to pokemoning
    Years
    He has no character flaws whatsoever. It annoys my inner fanfictionist.

Also he is generally annoying as hell.

EmpoleMew

Lunatic Lunar Rabbit
    Years
    I'd pick yes, but that'd only because he's so peppy, arrogant, and has that get-up-and-go personality gives me the potential to make him look like a bigger idiot in fanfics. Yes, I'm that kind of person. So I pick yes, because there's nothing more satisfying than seeing the main character look like a fool. Especially when he gives up at the PKMN League because he doesn't want to crush his friend's dreams with gis Uberchu.

Katsu Koneko

明日がある
    Years
    Man so much haters. :3

I don't like his new voice, but I'm pretty accustomed to it now. 'sides, I think Rica Matsumoto PWNs both of them~ :3 -is shot by the dub lovers-

Anyways, I've always loved him. He was after all, my first bishie...even though I didn't know what bishie was at the time. :3 I always talked about him during book shares in elementary since I got them books. xD (Which I can't find.)

He's just so loveable. He's brave and would do anything for his friend.

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2008
    i like it

Here in the Netherland ash speaks dutch
    (with the same voice for years now)
    so i kinda like him :)

I think he's cool !

Years
    Hmm... At the beginning (8 years ago), I liked him but over the time I began to hate him more and more.
    Mostly because of his new voice (yes, in Germany he got a new voice as well) and dunno... He acts more stupidly than ages ago. Or I simply didn't notice he was stupid at all in former times.

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
    i like him. i just hate his new voice
    Ah, yes, I forgot about his new voice...it's awful. xD I've found that most dubbed cartoons have awful voices...lol. Although I did like his original voice...Misty's was okay and I liked Brock's.

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    Ash just got a little confident, and that's why he always acts like a worry-free trainer. That's what I like, and if he looses, he just accepts defeat (except if he got beaten by his rivals, especially Paul), and just train more.

But the voice change really killed nearly half of my love towards POKéMON. Darn it! I was really angry when their voices had changed. -_-

Conclusion, I still like Ash as the way he is now, caring and confident, and dumb :P

Super Duder

Super Badass
    Years
    Hes pretty good. But like his pokemon got weaker when he went to Sinnoh.
    He should also have more new friends or VISIT the ones he fought from last time.
    Thgat dude is not a man of his word.
    dickheads i swear.

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    I didn't like Ash when the series began because I loved Misty and Ash was very big headed to me for some reason. As the series have progressed I have grown to like him more.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    I like Ash a lot better than before. I used to be neutral about him but now his new outfit (which looks GREAT) and ComaShipping has made me like him a bit
    I dont think he's hot though. Cute, maybe but not hot, so dont think of me as an Ash fangirl. I'm ok with Shinji being Ash's lover though 8D

shedinjask

all about how to pokemoning
    Years
    He's stupid, careless, cliched, and only wins because of dumb luck. He seems to forget everything, including promises made and the people and Pokemon he keeps leaving behind. The 'good guy always wins' mentality is complete ****. The writers don't give him any real flaws, and in that, he's flawed.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    He's stupid, careless, cliched, and only wins because of dumb luck. He seems to forget everything, including promises made and the people and Pokemon he keeps leaving behind. The 'good guy always wins' mentality is complete ****. The writers don't give him any real flaws, and in that, he's flawed.

But you just said he was stupid and careless XD But perfect. But he loses. But he wins with some good strategies. The last 2 gym battles were good. Confused!

I like his new voice better actually. He sounds older. I saw a clip with Ash with his Sinnoh clothes but they put his old voice over it. It didn't look right at all. He sounded WAY too young for how he looked. His voice by Advanced Battle was rather annoying, I thought. I don't know what it was though. But yeah, Rica Matsumoto is best as Ash. And she sings some of the openings too! How cool

Back