• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash's Age?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Jeez, My brother is 11 and him and all the kids at his Elementary are freaking little and immature compared to Ash. He's supposed to be 10? I don't think so. Rewatching the old series I can sort of compare today's incoming 6th graders to Ash, but during DP that's pretty hard.

Then again, ever since last Saturday's episode I lost faith in the realism of Pokemon ;_;

MagitekElite

FFFFUUUUU
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2013
    ^ He'd be twenty-two right now...

Then again, ever since last Saturday's episode I lost faith in the realism of Pokemon ;_;
    What happened?

Well, how would you feel if the next season, Ash was older? Let's say 15-16. How would you feel about it?

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2011

Considering how low his voice is.. I wouldn't be surprised if he was in his upper teens... Which also makes it a little weird that people pair him with Dawn all the time...who's supposed to be 10. >_<

MagitekElite

FFFFUUUUU
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2013
    That's the problem, Ash hasn't aged a bit. In the show, he's traveled so much in a few months.

Its absurd :C

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    This is one of the reasons the PokéSpe manga is so much better than the anime. The first chapter heroes are 16 or even older now!

MetryoV

Ultimate Challenger
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2010
    The people in the Pokemon anime are immortal

I mean, assuming one day is one episode in the anime(cause that what it seems like)...there have been 600 and something episodes so far so that means more than 600 days has passed since Ash first began his adventure.

And 1 year = 365.242199 days

So yeah, either those people are immortal or time got stuck in the anime's Pokemon world at Episode 1 of the series

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    I think he's ten or eleven, whichever one he is. Don't know why people want to age him or find reasons outside of the writers don't want him to age but whatever.

If he were to ever age though, it'd be awkward to watch the show. A 16-year-old boy trying to become a Pokémon Master with these little creatures called Pokémon. Watch as he travels with his 10/16-year-old traveling companion [insert girl name] and some other guy that's there for some reason.

MagitekElite

FFFFUUUUU
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2013
    I think he's ten or eleven, whichever one he is. Don't know why people want to age him or find reasons outside of the writers don't want him to age but whatever.

If he were to ever age though, it'd be awkward to watch the show. A 16-year-old boy trying to become a Pokémon Master with these little creatures called Pokémon. Watch as he travels with his 10/16-year-old traveling companion [insert girl name] and some other guy that's there for some reason.

What's weird about a teenager travelin' the world with Pokemon?
    I like the idea better instead of an immortal 10 year old >.>
    Being 10 and traveling by yourself sounds really, really impossible, even for a fantasy world...

----
    PokéSpe manga? What's that? Fan-made manga?

it depends on how long pokemon's been going on.
    He would be, if time didn't stop, 22 right now. But not letting him age is `tarded. At least make him 13/14.

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2012
    ya i see wat ur saying but seeing that its a kid show not everything is gunna make sense. i was thinkin since he strted at ten an has been through, this being his forth region, iwould think hed be around 15

MagitekElite

FFFFUUUUU
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2013
    Yes, I know it was designed for a kid's show. What is it really tellin' our children? You never age.....?

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2023
    I don't care what the Anime says. The characters do not look a thing like their stated ages. No way May, Dawn, and Ash look and act like 10. Misty doesn't look like 11, and brock couldn't possible take care of all his siblings while at the tender age of 15-16. If anything, Max should be 10..

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    MagitekElite said:
    What's weird about a teenager travelin' the world with Pokemon?
    I like the idea better instead of an immortal 10 year old >.>

You don't see the ridiculousness in the idea? A 16-year-old Ash trying to be a Pokémon Master? His personality would go down the drain and he would become something like a Alien Force-Ben (For whoever gets what I'm talking about).

Being 10 and traveling by yourself sounds really, really impossible, even for a fantasy world...

No it isn't.

PokéSpe manga? What's that? Fan-made manga?

No, it's a Pokémon manga that some people like to believe is the best thing ever from Pokémon.

He would be, if time didn't stop, 22 right now. But not letting him age is `tarded. At least make him 13/14.

'Cause that'd make a difference?

MagitekElite

FFFFUUUUU
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2013
    They are both silly, but a never aging 10 year old boy traveling the world is just...well, silly.

I happen to like Ben 10 lol

No, it's a Pokémon manga that some people like to believe is the best thing ever from Pokémon.
    I'm sensing some hostility and I don't know what I've done to upset you exactly. For whatever it is I did, I'm sorry, jeez. I don't spend all my time searching up Pokemon things, so that's why I asked about it. Okay? I was curious and the name of it sounded fanbase >.>

'Cause that'd make a difference?
    It would make some sort of difference, yes.

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    Ash has and always will be 10.
    That's what the original owner of Pokemon said in an interview.
    I have no idea how they just have him stay the same each year.
    Its seemingly impossible :surprised:

MagitekElite

FFFFUUUUU
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2013
    Ash has and always will be 10.
    That's what the original owner of Pokemon said in an interview.
    I have no idea how they just have him stay the same each year.
    Its seemingly impossible :surprised:

Yes, I know we are told he never ages and never will.

But what about the ending of the show? Do you think they will make him age, or leave the show with him at 10?

Will he ever catch all the Pokemon? Which again, he wouldn't be able to do at 10...there are a lot of Pokemon lol

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    Yes, I know we are told he never ages and never will.

But what about the ending of the show? Do you think they will make him age, or leave the show with him at 10?

Will he ever catch all the Pokemon? Which again, he wouldn't be able to do at 10...there are a lot of Pokemon lol

LOL'z Now your just asking different questions none related to this one :D
    I think they'll leave him 10 till the end of the series. Maybe with him actually winning the league. I don't know I'm not the producer :P I'd have it ending with Future Ash facing some other 10 year old kid with a Pikachu, maybe his son. His Pikachu would be evolved by now.

MagitekElite

FFFFUUUUU
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2013
    LOL'z Now your just asking different questions none related to this one :D
    I think they'll leave him 10 till the end of the series. Maybe with him actually winning the league. I don't know I'm not the producer :P I'd have it ending with Future Ash facing some other 10 year old kid with a Pikachu, maybe his son. His Pikachu would be evolved by now.
    They were rhetorical questions. :\
    To get people to see the silliness of it. ;)

P.S
    And even when you are using "lols" if you want it to be plural (which you wouldn't really have to do) you could use "lols" it wouldn't be "lol's" It doesn't own anything, nor is it a person...

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    MagitekElite said:
    They are both silly, but a never aging 10 year old boy traveling the world is just...well, silly.

They could just as easly use the excuse that time travels slowly in the Pokémon world.

I happen to like Ben 10 lol

So you understand?

I'm sensing some hostility and I don't know what I've done to upset you exactly. For whatever it is I did, I'm sorry, jeez. I don't spend all my time searching up Pokemon things, so that's why I asked about it. Okay? I was curious and the name of it sounded fanbase >.>

Hostility? There wasn't any hostility there. I just told you it was a manga and that some people liked it a lot. Anyway, that is a fnabase name. It's called Pokémon Special or Pokémon Adventures.

It would make some sort of difference, yes.

It's not like they'd treat him any differently.

Years
    You don't see the ridiculousness in the idea? A 16-year-old Ash trying to be a Pokémon Master? His personality would go down the drain and he would become something like a Alien Force-Ben (For whoever gets what I'm talking about).
    I don't really know about that. If they really wanted Ash to age I'm sure they could get away with saying "Ash, you're 16 now" without altering anything.

You have to realize that age has absolutely zero importance in this anime.

I don't believe they have even mentioned Ash's age ever since the anime began. The writers obviously don't care and if it really mattered they'd be sure to inform they're viewers.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back