• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash's Charizard and Dawn's Mamoswine

Squirtle_15

im hunting for starters shinys
    Years
    Dawn's Mamoswine and Ash's Charizard are the pokemon that doesnt listen to ash and dawn Ash's Charizard and mamoswine share the same behavior

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Yeah, it's supposed to be like that. Dawn is pretty much the reincarnation of Ash, except with contests.​

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Ash's Charizard is not as disobedient anymore, you know.

It should have been obvious a million years ago that Dawn is the gender counter part of Ash anyways.

Arumus

Insert user title here..
    Years
    Aye, agree with everyone above there. But I sincerely hope that when Mamoswine does obey, it's not like the way they did with Charizard. As that was EPIC!! But does this show that the writers aren't very creative? Just repeating old plots and stories is just bland and will get very boring. I mean filler episodes are bad enough.

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
    Aye, agree with everyone above there. But I sincerely hope that when Mamoswine does obey, it's not like the way they did with Charizard. As that was EPIC!! But does this show that the writers aren't very creative? Just repeating old plots and stories is just bland and will get very boring. I mean filler episodes are bad enough.

The show back then was targetted at my age. (I'm 20 now.) Now they're targetted at the same age, a new generation. Therefore, repeating plots helps newer generations just getting into pokemon have a way to relate to past changes in the anime.

Arumus

Insert user title here..
    Years
    The show back then was targetted at my age. (I'm 20 now.) Now they're targetted at the same age, a new generation. Therefore, repeating plots helps newer generations just getting into pokemon have a way to relate to past changes in the anime.

Aye, I'm in the same situation as you (Three years younger, but near enough). But you'd still think they wouldn't repeat same things.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    The show has been going on for 11 years now, and is based on games of which the format has hardly changed and the aims are exactly the same. It's inevitable that there will be repeated plotlines from time to time.

If anything, we could have expected to see more Pokemon that disobey their trainers, but I suppose that would have just got annoying. Us seeing two different trainers over 11 years have one Pokemon disobey them isn't really that much, though. I suppose it at least this confirmed what most people had speculated had happened to Ash's Charmander and that the reason it disobeyed him was that it had evolved too quickly. Although, it still doesn't make quite much sense when Ash had Charmander for 40 episodes and it didn't obey as Charmeleon, when 40 episodes is quite a long time.

There were probably CotD's in the past that had this problem as well, but we didn't really see how they would deal with it over the long-term.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    But I sincerely hope that when Mamoswine does obey, it's not like the way they did with Charizard. .
    Well imo it'll be same as Charizard...

Yeah, it's supposed to be like that. Dawn is pretty much the reincarnation of Ash, except with contests.​
    Yeah looks like more girls are popping out more they are closer to Ash's personality. May started it and Dawn is continuing

Arumus

Insert user title here..
    Years
    What I do miss in terms of Ash's stupidity is his 'original' stupidity at the beggining. Like using Caterpie against Team Rocket. You just don't see that anymore.. although I think May did that with Wurmple <_<. Damn everythings repeated! Ah well, of course May and Dawn will be similar to Ash, because the younger viewers like Ash (I did when I was a kid) so obviously having similarities will make new characters be more likeable.

Although, if only in the 5th Gen, that Ash hopefully travels with a new trainer who's just like Paul ey?

Years
    Although, if only in the 5th Gen, that Ash hopefully travels with a new trainer who's just like Paul ey?

How would that be even remotely conceivable? Ash hates Paul's guts, so why would he willingly travel with someone like him?

(As for unwillingly travelling with someone, that's the job of other people. ;D)

Years
    Many newer Pokemon share characteristics with the older Pokemon, it kinda creates..I dunno...nostalgia? Pokemon just does this alot. xD

Ayselipera

Maybe the writers think the new little kids
    who watch pokemon don't know about Ash's
    Charizard ignoring orders. So to them its
    fresh ideas.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    Like everyone's saying,Dawn is Ash's counter-part.
    Mamo will listen after a while...soon enough there's going to be a special episode for that or something.

Back