• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash's Dad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2013
    This topic has been discussed over and over... and over...

As I said before, we will likely never know who Ash's real father is. It's something that's being kept a deep secret (as in classified security information).

theres somthing about your sig which could help heres how MOLLY yes the girl the 3rd movie that talks about family and molly remembers ash's mom.maybe molly's dad is ash's dad too or entei.

ANYTHING IS POSSABLE IN THE WORLD OF POKEMON
    soooooo it could happen

Years
  • In Pokebeach's interview with Masamitsu Hidaka, Mr. Hidaka stated that Ash's grandfather was a great Pokemon trainer and his father followed in his footsteps. This means that Professor Oak and Giovanni can both be ruled out as being his father. Still, the identity of Ash's father continues to remain a mystery. Mr. Hidaka stated that his father will never appear in the anime unless the writers feel the need to have Ash grow as a character. This means that he will never appear (harharhar).

For all we know, Misty could be his dad....O_o
    That made me laugh XD

Last edited:

Aipomfan13

Aipom Fan
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2008
    I wish they would one day say whom is father is, all my friends keep asking me and I have no idea, but we always did think he was Giovanni because they somewhat look alike, but we will never know the truth if they won't say whom he is.

vano-m

2nd year University student
    Years
  • Again? This topic has already been discussed plenty of times. There are at least 3 threads like this) But anyway there are 3 variants 1st Ash`s father is Giovanni. 2nd his father is oak or himself (4th movie, time travelling... remember?) and the most aviable variant is virgin mother kind of thing like Jesus or Budda... or smt like that!)

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • I think, that at the end of this gynormous series, Ash will finally meet his dad and have to battle him. Like maybe his dad is the Pokemon Master Ash longs to be, so for the boy to become a master, he has to beat his dad. Kinda like how you have to beat the Champion to become a Champion. :3:

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    Ash's real father is ... that Magikarp salesman.

He's appeared in every region watching his son from a distance, and sold James that Magikarp out of spite for always trying to steal from his kid.

EmpoleMew

Lunatic Lunar Rabbit
    Years
  • Ash's real father is ... that Magikarp salesman.

He's appeared in every region watching his son from a distance, and sold James that Magikarp out of spite for always trying to steal from his kid.

That may be the best theory yet.

A friend of mine once thought that either Bruno or Lance was his father.
    Also, Prof. Oak being Ash's dad would be weird, considering he's already Gary's grandfather.

As for me, I say his dad is either some character who won't show up until the writers decide the anime is dead, (Which will never happen.) or that Ash is an orphan.

...Didn't consider that one huh?

Shedinjareese

Undercover Rocket
    Years
  • Did anyone see "Pokemon Live"? Supposedly that made it seem like it was Giovanni but I didn't see it myself, just wondering if that was true. Not like even if it was it would prove anything.

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2008
    It is really weird that thy haven't shown him in the anime after like 4-5 seasons...

But my guess is he will appear when ash gets older, or pokemon ends :\

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Look, it's just like they don't show who Gary's father is (I think).
    And that there's no "future" episode to show who Ash is paired with in the end. Just make up any theory you like.

Mine is:
    James.
    Well, he's a trainer. Sort of. And he came from a rich family, and I hope that means his father was a great trainer. And...well...James and Delia met while Jesse was with the Bikers. Yep, that makes perfect sense. James is probably dumb enough to not remember Delia Ketchum. :D Either that or he's everywhere watching Ash. What a dad, eh?

And I made that up right on the spot. :D

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    You people must be out of your minds. James? and then Ash himself? That's ridiculous...

I go with Ash being an orphan, or he will meet his father at the end of the series, which is probably a hundred more years to come. The idea of Giovanni still makes sense.

Years
  • I think Ash's dad either died or is Professor Oak
    I guess it could be Giovanni but that theory just seems a little weird to me though that would be a cool plot twist
    I mostly think he might have died though just because of the fact in the first few of episodes of pokemon Ash's mom says something like "your father would be proud of you" instead of is proud of you I dunno I think its either that or its Prof. Oak

Last edited:

Shedinjareese

Undercover Rocket
    Years
  • Hey maybe Ash's dad did die, like in some tragic Pokemon accident like how Jessie's mom did (I think). It sounds like the set-up for a movie if you ask me. Like, Ash, you must complete your father's work! And such. He would to have died before Ash could remember, though, otherwise we would have seen some nostalgia so far.

Years
  • Did anyone see "Pokemon Live"? Supposedly that made it seem like it was Giovanni but I didn't see it myself, just wondering if that was true. Not like even if it was it would prove anything.

They're still debateing on if she said that or someone messed it up and she said "I hung out with Giovanni and became a better woman when I met your father."[/SIZE]

Said it a bit earlier. I'm sure it's like that quote, but I havn't seen it either.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back