• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash's Dad???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benjamin510

The King of Typio's!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2016
    o
    Gary Oak's parents

"I'm Gary Oak, I so cocky that I am to cool to have them, Even though I'm not as cool As GREEN!" - quote from GARY OAK!

Yeah.............. So all in all he does NOT HAVE THEM!!!!11!!!!!!!11!!!!11111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111!

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I don't think Ash really does have a dad. I know/think there has been references in the games, but.. for one I know its not Oak or Giovanni. I just know it. That would just be sketchy.

hahahahaha!
    like cartman lol, her mom is the dad?

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
    I dunno...
    He definitely has one (well duh, he wouldn't exist otherwise). Maybe he passed away? But neither Ash nor Delia seems to be grief-stricken...

I guess he'd be a legendary trainer somewhere. I doubt Ash'd ever meet him though.
    I've heard theories that 'Silver', that guy with the Chikorita and Salamence from the Moltres episode of Pokemon Chronicles could be him...

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Ash never said anything about his dad and his dad was never mentioned in the Anime.

redbaron2005

Pokemon Discovery Team
    Years
    Okay I must say this,
    because...
    I been watching Pokemon sense I could count... and spell words like "charizard"

I remember in September, it was a few months before Christmas... it was 1998 it was Saturday, and that day I wanted to be a pokemon master....

well anyway....
    ASH DOES HAVE A FATHER!
    Not prostitution,
    more of a father too busy for kids and family thing... kinda like brocks dad but worse...

They only mention him once in all the episodes.
    and it just so happens to be the episode that aired in 1998 that Saturday morning on channel 5, Kids WB.

Episode 1 "Pokémon, I Choose You!"
    Ash's mom says to ash.
    "Come on ash you gotta get up!.........
    .....Don't you want to be a pokemon master like you're father?"

Last edited:

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
    I dunno...
    He definitely has one (well duh, he wouldn't exist otherwise). Maybe he passed away? But neither Ash nor Delia seems to be grief-stricken...

I guess he'd be a legendary trainer somewhere. I doubt Ash'd ever meet him though.
    I've heard theories that 'Silver', that guy with the Chikorita and Salamence from the Moltres episode of Pokemon Chronicles could be him...
    You must mean lance, beacause silver started his pokemon journey after ash/red. you can tell because A: ash/red is in gsc and so is silver, but silver is not in rbgy, and B: did anyone ever notice how they said in gsc that it happened AFTER rbgy (hence the time capsule)?

Years
    Ash's father is Red and Pikachu that Oak gave him is Red's Pikachu. They did mention Pikachu's level is 80:ish in some episode? Am I right? It could be possible :P

Mnah, I really think that Ash is Giovanni's kid. Giovanni dated Dalia back in the day, and also Giovanni was never showed before Ash.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2012
    Ash's dad is Giovanii it was mentioned in pokemon live
    were it was reveled or somthing and giovanii is a pokemon master aint he?

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    alot of you are wrong, his father was mentioned at least twice
    and it was said he left on his own journey to be a pokemon master

i remember hearin something:

"we have plans during season 8 to give more info on ashs father"

its way past season8, so i doubt he will ever be mentioned, but i do hope he makes a cameo EVENTUALLY

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2010
    It was funny actually, I was just asking the same question myself as I've been daring to watch pokemon from the first season again lol. There are a lot of rumours but no sturdy facts as a lot of have mentioned the script writers/story designer did not want Ash to have an active male role model/father figure.

However speculations about Prof Oak or Giovanni have been thrown out, I'm more inclined to Prof. Oak for the fact of his grandson Gary, whose hair style are very alike to that of Ash.

Apparently in the theatre production of Pokemon Live, it was mentioned that Delia, Ash's mother, had previous relations with Giovanni and they once dated, she was going through a rebellious stage, Prof Oak was by her side (they were in a cage apparently) as Giovanni said that times change just like you, or something like that, Delia eventually told Ash, who said he understood, which is probably why, there are rumours linked to Giovanni.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    alot of you are wrong, his father was mentioned at least twice

Only once, and in the Japanese raw, Ash's mom mentions his grandfather in the same sentence.

"we have plans during season 8 to give more info on ashs father"

I find that hard to believe. I doubt any interview revealed that, otherwise it would've been big news on the various Pokemon sites.

It was funny actually, I was just asking the same question myself as I've been daring to watch pokemon from the first season again lol. There are a lot of rumours but no sturdy facts as a lot of have mentioned the script writers/story designer did not want Ash to have an active male role model/father figure.

No one said or implied that Ash can't have role model. But at that age Ash is at, people tend to gravitate to those of their age or slightly older rather than adults.

However speculations about Prof Oak or Giovanni have been thrown out, I'm more inclined to Prof. Oak for the fact of his grandson Gary, whose hair style are very alike to that of Ash.

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2010
    His mum makes a reference about his father in the second episode. She said she was suprised he got through viridian forest so fast and she said it took his a whole day or somthing... i got the episode on VHS :D

Yes, you are correct. And from this we can prove two things. Ash's father is mentioned more than once and is definitely alive.

In Episode 2 of Season 1, "Pokemon Emergency!" Ash and his mom have a small conversation in Viridian city, just as Mew had said. In this conversation is the following which will prove both of these statements:

Ash's Mom: "You're already in Viridian city? It took your father 4 days to get there when he started pokemon training. Oh, he'll be so proud! You're the apple of his eye!"

Ash: "Yeah, a rotten apple."

She says 'He will be so proud' and 'You are the apple of his eye' proving he must be alive. And, of course we can conclude that he is mentioned more than once by this conversation and other people's evidence. As for who Ash's Dad actually is, no one knows for sure.

Zet

Years
    Ash is his own father, it's like the grandfather paradox except Ash made it the father paradox.... That or you can say Kanto at first was bit of a jiff having fish and other things in it that weren't pokemon, so it's possible to say Ash's father is deeaaaaaaaad, due to the lack of information given throughout the series that doesn't have things that aren't pokemon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back