• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash's Father and Dawn's Father

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    As far as canon goes, Ash's dad hasn't shown up - why would he poof into existence now? As for Dawn's father, she's probably not going to be here for more than the Sinnoh arc, so there's really no reason to think one up for her.

Lukespade

Poke'mon Author
    Years
  • ya teh only reason that we evr saw may's father and mother is because norman is the gym leader. evn ash's mom is jst a plot device. same wit dawn's mom

Unown_

Sep.2003 - Mar.2010. Resigned
    Years
  • I think it's unlikely that Ash's father is going to show up. After 10 years he is only mentioned in the first few episodes. As for Dawn/Hikari's father, he has never been mentioned. The odds of him appearing is unlikely imo.

Years
  • I guess I wouldn't be too surprised if Dawns father showed up, but I ant see Ash's as I cant remember ever seeing him on the anime lol

Cynic Kaka

Credentials.
    Years
  • Why the hell would Ash's Dad and Dawn's Dad appear in the same exact season?

Besides, if Ash's dad does appear in D/P, we need to wait another 10 seasons to see Dawn's dad. :P

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2012
    Maybe Ash's dad is Giovanni... that would be cool. Ash, the all-around nice guy has a really bad dad. Why else wouldn't his mom mention him? :)

Lukespade

Poke'mon Author
    Years
  • if ash's dad is giovanni... i will never have respect for pokemon evr again. remember, if ash's dad was giovanni dont u thnk giovanni wouldve said sometin wen they met in Mewtwo Returns? it jst doesnt make sense that ash's dad is giovanni (it would be totally out of the blue)

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    if ash's dad is giovanni... i will never have respect for pokemon evr again. remember, if ash's dad was giovanni dont u thnk giovanni wouldve said sometin wen they met in Mewtwo Returns? it jst doesnt make sense that ash's dad is giovanni (it would be totally out of the blue)

Mewtwo Returns was a PUSA fandom. So technically, it wouldn't be out of the bloom because the Japanese probably didn't like it anyways :P.

Ash's father will be revealed sometime of course, and Dawn's Father? I have my doubts. At this point, he could be anyone. But we can wait and see. I have a feeling he'll show soon.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Mewtwo Returns was a 4Kids fandom. So technically, it wouldn't be out of the bloom because the Japanese probably didn't like it anyways :P.

Ash's father will be revealed sometime of course, and Dawn's Father? I have my doubts. At this point, he could be anyone. But we can wait and see. I have a feeling he'll show soon.

Fixed if anything else.

Ash and Dawn's fathers most likely won't be revieled because they are insignificant to the quest. Maybe at the end but certainly not now.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    what if...........ash and dawn have the same father..ooooooooooh!!!

Then Chuck Norris is I.

Ash and Dawn can't have the same father. If they did, then at least a divorced wife would know about his ex's wedding.

Common sense. It's just not possible.

b7astoise

GrinchGod
    Years
  • what if.............there was no wedding....and their dad was on his journey and met both of his loves........and ash and dawn look alike anyways...haha

Years
  • Dawns father, maybe he'll show up to watch Dawns final contest or something like that. Ash's dad...I say that is the Pokemon Master and Ash will fight him at the end of the series (in general, not D/P) and the bomb will be dropped then

Back