• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash's Father

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2008
    I used to think that he was Giovanni, but then They left Kanto so I guess he is not.

Kyarorain

Ash Fangirl
    Years
    Professor Oak being Ash's father would be just plain weird and creepy. I don't believe it's Giovanni either... Pokémon Live is not canonical, no matter how much people might want it to be.

I think Silver (the guy from the Pokémon Chronicles episode with Richie and Moltres) might be a good candidate. He reacts when Richie mentions Ash, and there are some parallels with Silver and Ash too. It raises a lot of suspicion for me.

Years
    :/ I don't think it's Giovanni. He's kinda become a joke character recently. Though it's hilarious that he doesn't remember the Rockets, he still really doesn't serve much of a purpose anymore. If some 'big finale' would come up with Ash's father I think there would be more hints.

D: Lance is too young in my tastes. Oak is creepy for a child's show, Silver....Is too un-important. Just one episode with the Ash-clone.

Ho-oh does have a connection, but to specifically say it's his father isn't quite right. (o_o I used to think Ho-oh was a woman. I mean- Rainbow butt? Not very masculine, eh? )

Sinnoh is getting interesting, but not THAT interesting to bring in something complicated like Ash's father, and a little late. (:o Like, where is Gary's sister? It would be odd and pointless to bring her in now if he actually has one in the anime.)

Any theory that doesn't involve proof from the anime (Not Pokemon Live) isn't theory, but just a fun idea. ;D Which isn't bad at all. I like my ideas but I won't present them in a debate forum.

Oh and all that Pokemon Live stuff. (I read most of this but I may have missed a few comments, so sorry if someone's already cleared it.)

Delia admited that she 'went out' with Giovanni THEN met Ash's father and straightened out her life. Different people. Unless we're going with an 'idea' that she lied to Ash's father, which is unlikely for a children's production, it doesn't support Giovanni as the father.
    Even though it's pointless to do so as it has nothing to do with the anime.

CharmUp!

大丈夫★~!
    Years
    I DON'T agree on Giovanni not being Ash's father. I never saw Pokemon Live nor do I support their hints but if you even bothered to take out your noobness and read the thread, I beleive there is sufficient evidence to conclude Giovanni as Ash's father
    Oh, please. We'd all be happy to hear them. :)

Last edited:

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    First and foremost, I don't know why so many people even consider Pokemon Live to be canon, as it's an American invention (yes, there are ones in Japan, but the one the US got is an American creation). I mean, that's like saying the live-action Dragonball movie is going to be 100 percent faithful to the series. And unless I missed the episode where Goku was in high school, I don't foresee that happening. They do these live shows all the time, and none of them have anything to do with the cartoons. Remember back in the early 90s there was that Ninja Turtles Coming out of Their Shells tour? Anyway, I'm getting too far out there.

Now, if I HAD to come up with a theory on this, then I would say Giovanni is the most likely candidate, as the Anime stands now. That's assuming Ash's father is someone we KNOW, and not just Soonded or Gonnabitit.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    maybe ash was adopted....................(her mom was a single parent)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I think Silver (the guy from the Pokémon Chronicles episode with Richie and Moltres) might be a good candidate. He reacts when Richie mentions Ash, and there are some parallels with Silver and Ash too. It raises a lot of suspicion for me.

Thank you. I just said that, too.

He's a good contestant for it because his Chikorita =/= Ash's Pikachu and his Salamence =/= Ash's Charizard.

Back