• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash's old Pokemon revisited

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    Ash has a pretty reasonable squadron of Pokemon hanging out at Oak's lab. They haven't really gotten much screen time since their respective seasons outside of a few random episodes between leagues (and the battle frontier).

I really liked finding out that Cyndaquil evolved a bit ago in one of those episodes, and I was hoping that the show might revisit some of Ash's older Pokemon at some point.

He's got some potentially very strong Pokemon just hanging out waiting for Ash to come back, and some of them are even capable of becoming Mega-evolved.

Do you think that these Pokemon will be revisited much, or are they forgotten?

I think a world-tournament arc, where Ash uses a bunch of his withheld roster to take gym leaders and old friends, would be perfect for this. Heck, he might even evolve something in the process!

Alpha_Spike

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • Pretty sure they mostly had screen time during the Unova league, however the main reasoning for the lack of their use is because the show is trying to involve newer pokemon for Ash to use from the generation/season he is in. Only one he will always use who is from the first gen is pikachu. However at leagues or special events, and even in movies, Ash calls on his assortment of friends, though he really only has a few, a total of 68 though 30 of those are all Tauros, so his total is only 38 without the tauros.

As for mega-evolution, he currently has 3 that can mega evolve, and 2 who could evolve into a pokemon with a mega evo. This is not counting those he has released/given away/left somewhere for training and forgotten about.

Back