• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash's Pikachu

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2009
    One thing i never understood was how ash has a pikachu that he has had and used to get as far as he did, thinking it would be incredibly strong, and by season 11 it would be tearing through everything. But I was just watching some random episode from season 10 and I noticed ash was trying to catch something or he was in a forest and like so random crappy Pokemon from a bush got a hit on pikachu. It made no sense wouldn't pikachu be like a lv. 100 and that stupid piece of crap an untrained like lv. 4 Pokemon its just doesnt make any sense. so if you no a answer to this let me no please i would love to know.

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years
    here's how i see it. the world of the anime doesn't have "levels" or any sort of level based power. they base it more off of physics (even if the anime's physics dont make sense). So think of a mouse in real life. it doesnt matter how long that mouse is alive and runnin around, if someone decides to step on it... its onna die if it gets stepped on. So maybe its just that Pikachu is really strong! Especially for other Pikachu but it still is never going to be able to one shot something like a kanghaskan. also, ash doesnt use pikachu much anymore. other then fighting against team rocket, and maybe some gym battles, can u say he ever uses pikachu against normal trainers he meets on the street. and wen it comes to losin to say Paul's elekid (electabuzz now), remember that Paul is also an experienced trainer. same goes for Gary and, looking back on it now, a lot of the trainers he's met on his journey's through sinnoh.

remember back in teh first season when they would have random eno****ers with random trainers and Ash would battle them and that would be the episode? think about it for a second, since... maybe the hoenn region. have there been many episodes like that? in fact the last time an episode happened where he met a random trainer and battled him would be when he met Lucian... the leader of the Sinnoh Elite Four. or maybe it was that Pika and Goliath episode which was simply meant to remind everyone that Ash's pikachu will never evolve.

so before going and saying that pikachu should be at lvl 100, look at the new and powerful trainers he's had to face in this last season.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Eon is correct about levels. Basically, the battles on the show are basically about skill and tactics. Nothing else really.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Levels aren't stable. But more so, Pokemon battles would be no fun if Ash could just plow through them with Pikachu in one hit. This was briefly touched on while in Hoenn.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    here's how i see it. the world of the anime doesn't have "levels" or any sort of level based power. they base it more off of physics (even if the anime's physics dont make sense). So think of a mouse in real life. it doesnt matter how long that mouse is alive and runnin around, if someone decides to step on it... its onna die if it gets stepped on. So maybe its just that Pikachu is really strong! Especially for other Pikachu but it still is never going to be able to one shot something like a kanghaskan. also, ash doesnt use pikachu much anymore. other then fighting against team rocket, and maybe some gym battles, can u say he ever uses pikachu against normal trainers he meets on the street. and wen it comes to losin to say Paul's elekid (electabuzz now), remember that Paul is also an experienced trainer. same goes for Gary and, looking back on it now, a lot of the trainers he's met on his journey's through sinnoh.

Uhh, yeah... Look, Paul himself may be very experienced, but that does NOT mean that any Pokemon he has recently captured would have the exact same experience from the get-go. Think about it like a Coach being transferred from his old team to a new team. Even though he was a very experienced coach, and an even more experienced athlete, at that, the new team he has doesn't even come close to the experience he has, so they won't really be able to do things as if they were experienced right then and there (let alone could.).

BTW, Pikachu didn't lose to Elekid. He tied. that's different from Losing.

remember back in teh first season when they would have random eno****ers with random trainers and Ash would battle them and that would be the episode? think about it for a second, since... maybe the hoenn region. have there been many episodes like that? in fact the last time an episode happened where he met a random trainer and battled him would be when he met Lucian... the leader of the Sinnoh Elite Four. or maybe it was that Pika and Goliath episode which was simply meant to remind everyone that Ash's pikachu will never evolve.

Actually, Ash didn't battle Lucian at all. Instead, Dawn did the dirty work (and even then, it was only because her Buizel wanted to fight.). Also, Ash's plowing through gyms with a 5/6ths rookie team (I'm not counting Pikachu, for obvious reasons) was one of the reasons why I hated the Hoenn Region (I mean, the way they treated the Gym Leaders in that region was downright terrible. In fact, considering the fact that Misty became a Gym Leader just shortly before Ash left for Hoenn, how the Gym Leaders lost, in a way that was similar to Team Rocket's losses to a barely even starting out Piplup, as well as an inexperienced, barely even alive Caterpie, is insulting not only to the Hoenn Gym Leaders, but to Misty as well.). I don't really CARE if Gym Leaders are supposed to be bosses that need to be overcome, that still doesn't mean they should be taken down in such a way where the finish or being beaten isn't any different than watching Ash, his friends, or some CotD/TotD demolish JJM for the umpteenth time.

so before going and saying that pikachu should be at lvl 100, look at the new and powerful trainers he's had to face in this last season.

Paul is definitely powerful, I'll give you that. But then again, that doesn't mean that Ash's Pikachu should be brought down to the point where it seems like it is a starting out pokemon (Even WITHOUT Game Levels, it's still more reasonable for it to be, you know, able to blow gyms away, especially considering the fact that it had not only beaten Brandon, the strongest Frontier Brain, and purported to be stronger than even the Elite 4, but also defeated a Legendary Pokemon, Regice.).

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Let me go check for an answer in "My Awesome Blocked Imagination"...

Pikachu resets levels everytime he goes into a new region because of abrupt climate changes

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years
    Pikachu resets levels everytime he goes into a new region because of abrupt climate changes

lol I guess theres a way to look at it.

Actually, Ash didn't battle Lucian at all. Instead, Dawn did the dirty work (and even then, it was only because her Buizel wanted to fight.). Also, Ash's plowing through gyms with a 5/6ths rookie team (I'm not counting Pikachu, for obvious reasons) was one of the reasons why I hated the Hoenn Region (I mean, the way they treated the Gym Leaders in that region was downright terrible. In fact, considering the fact that Misty became a Gym Leader just shortly before Ash left for Hoenn, how the Gym Leaders lost, in a way that was similar to Team Rocket's losses to a barely even starting out Piplup, as well as an inexperienced, barely even alive Caterpie, is insulting not only to the Hoenn Gym Leaders, but to Misty as well.). I don't really CARE if Gym Leaders are supposed to be bosses that need to be overcome, that still doesn't mean they should be taken down in such a way where the finish or being beaten isn't any different than watching Ash, his friends, or some CotD/TotD demolish JJM for the umpteenth time.

Oh ow I remember, ya your right it was Dawn who faught Lucian... and got her butt kicked. Anyways, I would have to agree with you on the gym leader thing. they are supposed to be tough after all and Ash didnt really have any problems in the Hoenn region. but that's not to be said about the sinnoh region gym leaders.

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2009
    thanks

i get it better now i kinda figured it was also for the purpose of the show. but one more thing that ebon said about a kangastan one hitting. i dont get y ash will use like a squirtle and a bulbasaur in one battle and then a charizard and tarus or anything bigger wouldnt u think the bigger pokemon would win, like if an awesome trained turtwig faced a crappy untrained wailord how could the wailord use it like a million times bigger.

Unown_

Sep.2003 - Mar.2010. Resigned
    Years
    A "David versus Goliath"-like situation?

Wailord could perform more powerfull attacks, but the attacks still needs to hit Turtwig. The trained Turtwig could have high maneuverability to dodge the attacks.
    Even if Turtwig's attacks a less powerfull, if they all hit Wailord and Wailord powerfull attacks can't hit Turtwig. The crappy Waillord in your example will still suffer defeat.

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years
    Exactly, in the games you wont find physics. In the anime... you will. (personally I think the manga does it better because in the anime a thunderbolt knocked out a dugtrio which really shouldn't happen.)

champ ben

Sceptile=annoyed trainers
    Years
    :pink_confused: it baffles me, pikachu fought an approximatly lv 14 cranidos, he shuda won even if hes a rock type, BUT CRANIDOS BLASTED THE CRAP OUT OF IT! WTF? you'd think a pikachu that well trained it would be AT LEAST Lv 101!

Unown_

Sep.2003 - Mar.2010. Resigned
    Years
    ^ Interessting, when was it said it was a level 14 Cranidos? Or what gave you the impression that it was a Cranidos of approximatly level 14?

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    See, here's the thing. There's no levels in the anime, and Ash is always going to a new region with new totally different Pokemon and trainers. Which means, there's always going to be a new tactic or defense or whatever Ash and company's gonna have to overcome. Although, the whole size thing still leaves me in awe-look at the battle Pikachu had with that Torterra in The Rise of Darkrai.

here's how i see it. the world of the anime doesn't have "levels" or any sort of level based power. they base it more off of physics (even if the anime's physics dont make sense). So think of a mouse in real life. it doesnt matter how long that mouse is alive and runnin around, if someone decides to step on it... its onna die if it gets stepped on.

Exactly. :)

Back