• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ask simple questions here!

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2016
    I told Pidgeycalc I have 89 pidgey candies
    and it outputs directions: evolve 8 pidgeys
    and evolution costs 12 each
    and Pidgeycalc is... a CALCUlator. what am i missing here

Similarly, its directions read "evolve 3 Rattata" when I told it I only have 73 Candy.

You don't get candy for evolving, do you? That seems backwards, since it costs candy to do it.

you get 1 candy extra every time you do an evolution so that calculation is correct

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2016
    Sorry if this has already been asked, but is there a way to get coins with out buying them?

Take as many gyms as you can quickly then cash out (shield icon in shop) each gym you have a Pokemon in is worth 10 coins.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2016
    When you leave a Pokemon at a gym it stays there until it gets kicked out. During that time you can't use it until it's returned to you when it gets defeated by a rival team. You can claim your coins from gyms every 21 hours so if your Pokemon doesn't get defeated in that time then you can claim your coins again then

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    I played pokemon like a crazy , i want to play it again .it says :unable to authenticate . please try again pokemon go. i read this is a ban . first thing is i used a fake coords to catch pokes like kangascan , tauros etc .. but i DIDN'T know this is a bad thing , i instaled that program beacuse i watched streams on youtube and twitch with 100 k + viewers (guys with 1 mil followers), nobody said nothing about it is a bad thing ! and after a 2-3 months they banned me ... for what reasson they accepted things like milions of ppl playing it with programs on twitch and they didn't say nothing ... how we suppose to know this is a bad thing and we ll get banned ... a big company can't stop fake pokemon on twitch ! i can stop somehting like a normal person ... they never said this is bannable and here we are banned and waiting to answer to my tickets ( 5) + i m waiting like 3 weeks .... srsly what i suppose to do ... i made to much work to give up for my account ... I WANT it again to continue to play

hey, man. it's terrible that niantic banned your ass just for cheating to get some rare pokemons. i really feel bad for you T.T fortunately, you may have a chance to get your account back. just keep submitting the ban appeal everyday. my friend tony got unbanned after 27 tries, and lisa got her account back after 35 tries. dont skip a day, be consistent. good luck!

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2016
    hey, man. it's terrible that niantic banned your ass just for cheating to get some rare pokemon

No it's not, it's a good thing the guy got banned, he cheated got caught out and quite rightly got banned. The best thing he could do is start again and play within the rules. If he does get his account back then he will still have benefitted from his cheating and would show that cheating pays off.

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    No it's not, it's a good thing the guy got banned, he cheated got caught out and quite rightly got banned. The best thing he could do is start again and play within the rules. If he does get his account back then he will still have benefitted from his cheating and would show that cheating pays off.

u serious?

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2016
    u serious?

I think the bigger question is whether you think he deserves to be unbanned and get his account back despite blatantly cheating, he doesn't even seem sorry that he cheated. He is blaming his cheating on others. There is no way he should be unbanned and I am very glad that niantic banned him because hopefully the more people like that get banned sends a clear message to other cheaters that if they cheat there will be consequences.
    Did that answer your question?

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    I think the bigger question is whether you think he deserves to be unbanned and get his account back despite blatantly cheating, he doesn't even seem sorry that he cheated. He is blaming his cheating on others. There is no way he should be unbanned and I am very glad that niantic banned him because hopefully the more people like that get banned sends a clear message to other cheaters that if they cheat there will be consequences.
    Did that answer your question?

wow, you need to go buy a sarcasm detector asap. yikes...

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
    Don't know if his is a simple question or not, ok, the other day it kept freezing on me so by accident I logged out, well in the beginning I made a few different name changes til I got a good one, well after logging out, I forgot which name it was or if I logged in using google or my trainer account, is there a way to see all user names used and which (google or trainer) I used to log in with?

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
    Don't know if his is a simple question or not, ok, the other day it kept freezing on me so by accident I logged out, well in the beginning I made a few different name changes til I got a good one, well after logging out, I forgot which name it was or if I logged in using google or my trainer account, is there a way to see all user names used and which (google or trainer) I used to log in with?
    If it's a Google account, the credentials should be saved and all you have to do is accept the Google permissions. If it's a PTC account and you forgot the game, you should go to the Pokémon site and retrieve the info that way. Otherwise just log into whichever ones you have until you find the right one.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2016
    wow, you need to go buy a sarcasm detector asap. yikes...

Sarcasm travels very badly over the internet ;) plus I've seen enough stupid people to assume it's possible
    For anyone to argue passionately about anything despite being blantently wrong :P

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
    Can you lose candies?

Say you transfer a Pokémon and it's the only one you have. Would you lose any candies for that Pokémon? Does it reset to 0 once you don't own any of that particular Pokémon? And do you get a candy for transferring the last of a particular Pokémon?

I.e. You have one Rhyhorn and 30 Rhyhorn candies. You transfer the Rhyhorn and then catch another one. How many candies would you have?

I realise that sounds like a question you'd get in maths homework or something {XD} but I'm just curious.

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
    You don't lose candies unless you spend them.

You get 3x candies for any Pokémon you catch. You get 1x additional candy of that type should you transfer that Pokémon. You get a range of candies for any Pokémon you hatch.

In your Rhyhorn scenario, you'd have 34 Rhyhorn candies in the end.

30 to start. +1 when you transfer the first Rhyhorn. +3 when you catch the second Rhyhorn.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I've already sent a ticket about this issue of mine last night but I want to hear your thoughts about this...

Last night while on a bus heading home, I caught two PKMN (a Pidgey and an Oddish) and then another wild PKMN showed up on the map. As I tapped the 'mon, the UI disappeared, preparing the wild battle screen. But my screen instead showed an "Oh?" message. My 5km Egg was finally hatching.

But nothing's happening. The screen was stuck on that "Oh?" message and the normal map music was still playing, but I couldn't click anything.

So I waited it out. Almost 5 minutes flew by and I became impatient so I closed the app and ran it again.

I checked my PKMN list and sorted it to recent, but my two newly-caught 'mon plus whoever it was that hatched wasn't there.

I checked my journal and there they are: the two 'mons and a newly-hatched Growlithe. But again, they're not in my PKMN bag.

Has anyone encountered this before? What did you do?

I tried clearing the cache, force-closing the app through the Settings (I'm an Android phone user), but they're not showing up.

I also didn't get the Growlithe candy from hatching a Growlithe. :(

pkmnmaster69

When will this day end?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2020
    Just a general question, but curious. Has Pokemon Go been released and made available to all countries worldwide? Only curious, because I believe Niantic have stated that they do not intend to hold legendary events until the app has been released worldwide.

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2016
    I've already sent a ticket about this issue of mine last night but I want to hear your thoughts about this...

Last night while on a bus heading home, I caught two PKMN (a Pidgey and an Oddish) and then another wild PKMN showed up on the map. As I tapped the 'mon, the UI disappeared, preparing the wild battle screen. But my screen instead showed an "Oh?" message. My 5km Egg was finally hatching.

But nothing's happening. The screen was stuck on that "Oh?" message and the normal map music was still playing, but I couldn't click anything.

So I waited it out. Almost 5 minutes flew by and I became impatient so I closed the app and ran it again.

I checked my PKMN list and sorted it to recent, but my two newly-caught 'mon plus whoever it was that hatched wasn't there.

I checked my journal and there they are: the two 'mons and a newly-hatched Growlithe. But again, they're not in my PKMN bag.

Has anyone encountered this before? What did you do?

I tried clearing the cache, force-closing the app through the Settings (I'm an Android phone user), but they're not showing up.

I also didn't get the Growlithe candy from hatching a Growlithe. :(

Same exact thing happened to me yesterday, minus the egg. I caught two or three pokemon (thankfully nothing mind-blowing) but a minute or so later there was some sort of error. I quit and restarted the app and went to my recent pokemon, but they weren't there. I'm not sure if I got the stardust, candy, or XP, but it was really weird.

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2017
    Just a general question, but curious. Has Pokemon Go been released and made available to all countries worldwide? Only curious, because I believe Niantic have stated that they do not intend to hold legendary events until the app has been released worldwide.

I think its now live for all nations where they planned on releasing it.

This leaves out the nations where they will never release it, like for example China.

The gen 1 legendarys as well as the entire generation 2 are long overdue, pokemon go is losing many players because the active players are running out of content, they get bored and stop playing. There are articles about how many tens of millions of players they already lost.

So if they make the gen 1 legendaries dependent on anything that they cannot archieve IMMEDIATELY, recognizing that the gen 1 legendaries are somewhat of an requirement for releasing gen 2, would hurt the company. Basically any further delay hurts them badly at this point.

Back