• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Aspiring Hacker

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2015
    Hey guys!

So, I am brand new to the idea of hacking, and would love any and all advice on how best to approach rom hacking. I've done some research, but the more I read (and watch), the more I find that there is to be overwhelmed by! :) My hope at some point or another is to have a good grasp on assembly language for the GBA system and of course, ASM hacking.

Anyways, just want to throw a hello out there to everyone. It's good to have found a community of poke-nerds!

Years
  • Hello there Okami! Good to meet you. n~n

I sadly don't know a thing about hacking but am sure others can help given the size of the hacking community here. The Beginner's Lounge area over in the ROM Hacking category would be a great place to start and there's even an area for Tools + Tutorials over there. Those two would be my recommendations.. though of course getting started is confusing. You never know what to begin with. :(

Good luckkk! Wish I could help if I knew anything about it. But I'm sure with enough patience you'll learn a whole lot. See you around and have a great time.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2015
    Hey Sheep! Thank you for your reply--and encouragement! :3
    You've definitely pointed me in the right direction.

Miikroniix

Hopeful Hacker
    Years
  • Hey Okami! I'm new to the forums, but I've been ROM hacking since I was in elementary school (I'm only in high school now so I'm not a master or anything), but basically I know all the basic tools, where to get them, and how to use them (for the most part). If you ever need a word of advice or something, just give me a holler!

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2015
    Hello Miikroniix!
    You know something? I think we should be friends.

In any case, thank you very, very much for the offer to help me out!

At the moment, I am trying to figure out a couple things: how should I approach/what do I start with as far as hacking the game, and how do I change the home/starting town in Emerald. I will be checking out the Beginner's Lounge for now, and hopefully I find some good info. But if you can help me out, that'd be awesome.

Back