• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Astronomical Asteroids

Years
  • PokéCommunity Get-Together 8 Gaming Challenge.

Do you have what it takes to survive in the pitch black, darkness of space? You are surrounded by asteroids and aliens, the only way to survive is to fight them off. But be warned, those asteroids break up!

Welcome to the PokéCommunity Get-Together 8 Gaming Challenge. In this event, you will be simply trying to get the highest score possible.

##ASTEROIDS EMBED##

Important Dates

Round #1 - 15th to the 18th.
    There is only one round in which you enter your highest scores and try to destroy as many of those asteroids as possible.

How to enter

All you need to do to enter is take a screenshot of your highest score and post it here. The highscore will be displayed at the top left hand corner of the game over screen once your three lives are up. Note, you can only use the version of the game that I give you, any other offsite versions will not be taken into account.

To enter, all you need to do is post:

PC Username:
    Gaming Score:
    Screenshot:

Simple isn't it? Just like those vector graphics!

Prizes

*Image soon*
    King of Space
    This brave astronaut fought off all those large asteroids and pesky aliens. Well done for coming first in the PokéCommunity Get-Together 8 Gaming Challenge.

*Image soon*
    Knight of Space
    You did well to protect your right to live, but it wasn't good enough. Thank you for participating in the PokéCommunity Get-Together 8 Gaming Challenge.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Fun.Easy.Simple.Addictive.
    You can expect my highest score to date by the 18th.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • I'm in, I have the atari on PSP and rock in this game....I just need to get used to this version, but expect me to get over 1,000....probably 2,000 but this version is different.

켄니씨

>Insert C.U.T Here<
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2011
    I may edit if I get higher score ^^

Username: ^^^^
    Score: 6180
    Screenshot: Attached

Years
  • Just incase i don't get to play again later.

PC Username: Hybrid Trainer
    Gaming Score: 16810
    Screenshot:
    Spoiler:

terminoob

Waffles.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    PC Username: terminoob
    Gaming score: 23030
    Screenshot:
    Spoiler:

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • OMG looking at some of the scores I'm so bad... lol. My highest so far is like 8000andsomething. Fun thoough. Will keep trying till my eyes hurt too much :p
    PC Username: King Gumball
    Gaming Score: 10360
    Screenshot:
    Spoiler:

Will update again for a beter score hopefully XD

Last edited:

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • Took me a while, but I finally beat Terminoob

PC Username: Impo
    Gaming Score: 32740
    Screenshot:
    Spoiler:

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Ah, that was really dumb. The level started with three asteroids around me and then I died three times in a row before I could even move.

PC Username: Gymnotide
    Gaming Score: 13620
    Screenshot:
    10y1lpe.png

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
  • U_Flame
    Screenshot is attached

I'm in, I have the atari on PSP and rock in this game.

If you don't mind, I'd like to know which emulator you're using and how you got Asteroids into it. I've been wanting to get Asteroids on my PSP but never tried Atari emulators yet.

Last edited:

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • This game seriously has a personal vendetta against me. Every time I lose at least 3 lives in a row because they keep respawning me the middle of bullets / asteroids.

PC Username: Gymnotide
    Gaming Score: 33030
    Screenshot:
    Spoiler:

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • Eh, I might as well as grab a participation emblem and stuff. This might not be my final score, though!

PC Username: Razor Leaf
    Score: 11660
    Screenshot:
    Spoiler:

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • I am actually seriously getting pissed off at the respawn mechanism for this game :( I wouldn't even mind if they reset the level every time you died... As long as you didn't get respawned in the path of bullets and things.

And ffs I wish it was click-to-shoot. The steering system sucks.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Haha, don't forget guys that this is retro gaming, it was different back then!
    Also, there is a pause state, you just hit 'P'.​

I suppose! But it's also not like you can't patch a game and still have it be retro :( :( :( :(
    Anyway, can't get above my other score, so I'll just give up.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • U_Flame
    Screenshot is attached

If you don't mind, I'd like to know which emulator you're using and how you got Asteroids into it. I've been wanting to get Asteroids on my PSP but never tried Atari emulators yet.

Well, I bought the Atari game...not the emulator....it costs less than 20$ and such, my dad gave it to me and has all the old good games really.

Back