• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

At A Loss Of When To Watch First Movie

HeavensNightSH

Got Diamond Nov. 20
Years
  • So I've been told to watch the first movie right after Ash loses Pidgeot, but then I've also been told after The Pi-Kahuna. And then others have said after various other episodes that are in the 2 month time line before the Elite 4. So my question is, where does the movie really fall in place? I'm kind of agreeing with after "The Pi-Kahuna" since they are already out on sea. Any ideas?

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    It doesn't really matter when you watch it, I don't think.. but if you've never seen it before, and wanna watch it at the right time, then around 'Pi-Kahuna' sounds correct. At least after the first season, because the movie released about a year after the anime started.

HeavensNightSH

Got Diamond Nov. 20
    Years
  • I think I'll go with after Pi-Kahuna then. It also fits in nicely since only a one or two episodes back, mewtwo blew up TR headquarters.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • It doesn't matter when you watch the movies, they are mean to be separate from the anime, which most series' do because it helps newer views watch without having to watch 50-100 episodes before they see the movie.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    to me it doesn't really matter that much...the only one I know that kinda follows the one with the anime is the BAttle Frontier against the battle tower basically...
    but I would say go with after Pi-kahuna...

Years
  • EP065 - Showdown at the Po-ké Corral - is the last appearance of Mewtwo in the main anime, and the scene of it blasting out of TR HQ is shown in the movie. I guess any time after that episode would be the logical point to watch.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    I suggest after the episode "Pallet Party Panic", and before "A Scare in the Air", as Pidgeot(to) wasn't in the movie (the main movie, I mean, not Pikachu's vacation.), and Brock was in the Movie as well. Plus, they were near the Ocean, and there were about... fifty or so trainers which, if the Dragonite scene implied anything, it's that it seems to deliver to one recipient/three at a time.). Plus, the Officer Jenny stated that the Nurse Joy went missing six weeks prior to the film, and it was later revealed that this same Nurse Joy was being brainwashed by Mewtwo for those six weeks. It needed to have been shortly after the Showdown at the Poke-Corral.

Back