• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Att : Wifi Battlers + Shoddy Battlers : Illegal Breeding combo's allowed, your take?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
    • Seen today
    I just recently discovered this topic.

Limitless said:
    My question to Colin:
    "I heard from multiple sources that illegal move-sets would be allowed in ShoddyBattle 2. Can this be confirmed, and if so, how stern on this ruling will you be? I can imagine a multitude of people would complain."

Colin's response:
    "If you allow trades from Japanese DP, then certain move combinations are possible that are not possible without allowing trades from Japanese DS. I intend for it to be possible to allow trades from Japanese DP in Shoddy Battle 2."

I then did some research into the matter myself and found the following ;

GameFaq's on how to do the Glitch said:
    It was a glitch where you have ditto transform into a smeargle that still knows sketch, then have the transformed ditto sketch a move (such as belly drum), and after the battle the ditto would still have belly drum instead of transform if you let it faint(that's the glitch part). Then use a heart scale to get transform back and repeat to have it learn another attack (such as aqua jet). Allowing ditto to learn any attack just like smeargle and pass down any number of egg move combinations.

More evidence

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ditto_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29#Glitches

Bulbapedia on above link said:
    Another glitch allows for Ditto to transform and then permanently keep the moveset of the Pokémon it became, allowing for the passing down of previously impossible egg move combinations in a large-scale version of Smeargle's ability to do so with all Ground group Pokémon through Sketch.

Notable things which you should take note of from this ;

Sleep Powder + Leaf Storm + Spikes Roserade

Belly Drum + Aqua Jet Azumarril.

Hypnosis + Brave Bird + Nasty Plot Crobat

Please post more if you can find any possible "broken combo's", by all means we need to know them lol

Discuss ! (This Glitch is possible in early Jap D/P only, so yeah).

Last edited:

IcePyro

I'll just not say anything
    Years
  • Wow. This is incredible! I do not think that this should really be allowed because, as a WiFi and Shoddy Battler, it seems unfair to have a pokemon like that running around the servers or on WiFi with moves that aren't even really possible to learn. I'm really glad that it's only available in Jap D/P, but i'm gonna go find more of these broken combos.

Wish + Belly Drum Clefable methinks?

Last edited:

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
  • Hmm... I know one, but cannot remember it right now...
    But you can count on it that I'll post any broken combo I find here ASAP!

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I am pretty sure Aromatherapy + Wish Blissey was illegal, so it might be allowed now.

Years
  • The text you quoted just says it will be an option to allow trades from Japanese DP, i.e., in the challenge window.

That doesn't mean it will be part of the standard ruleset. In fact, most likely, these trades will not be allowed under the standard ruleset because the glitch can be used to obtain arbitrary movesets on any pokemon that can learn Mimic. (Originally, I was told that moves learned this way were lost upon healing, so you could use the glitch only to get arbitrary egg move combinations, but it turns out that by healing in a particular clever manner, you can keep the moves, allowing for arbitrary movesets.)

just in case anyone thinks youll be able to use them on the ladder.

_Prince_

Pikachu?
    Years
  • Uh Dark Azelf you just found out now, I've been aware of this since d/p was launched in Japan. I don't really support this, as this is clearly a glitch and wasn't Gamefreaks intentions thus making these combinations illegal but obtainable through a glitch that wasn't intended.

Aquilae

=))))))))88888888OOOOOOOO<
    Years
  • Colin said:
    the glitch can be used to obtain arbitrary movesets on any pokemon that can learn Mimic

Yeah... about that... if they're going to approve this might as well let like 90% of all pokemon have any moveset they please, since it's apparently possible in-game.

Back