• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Attachment

Years
    • NA
    • Seen Jan 12, 2008
    If you have one of the Gameboy Color games, you're probably an old hand at Pokemon, like me. You've probably noticed the changes in the games, from better graphics to all those side quests.
    Let us not forget the old games. Blue was my first video game ever. Years and years from now, my Blue will get very valuable. Question is, will you part from your game for a lot of money, or are you really attached to your game?

Years
    lol My first gen games are gone. Parted with them awhile back, even though my red was my favorite. I got Silver and stopped caring about them.

Still have Silver though, with the same team I had way back when.

T.Guy

Why helo thar
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 25, 2009
    Depends. If it's worth a lot of money in the future, then yeah, I would. I could just transfer the save file from the cart to a flash cart before I do (which is what I'm going to do anyway).

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    I already sold my old yellow for around 40$. Thanks to the magic of emulators, I'm less attached to them now.

Years
    • NA
    • Seen Jan 12, 2008
    I want my friend's Crystal (my stupid Gold keeps on resetting itself. Stupid internal battery failure. I knew I should've got Crystal.) But she isn't giving it to me. Heh. Seems she's more attached to her games than she lets on.

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2007
    I probably wouldn't sell mine, but I dno't have many things I wouldn't sell. I get attached to everything I have. I still have all my barbie dolls from when I was younger cause I don't want to sell them.

Rayquaza_Nick

Dark Trainer
    Years
    I'm so attached with my Crystal, even though I've restarted my game again and again, I'll never depart my Crystal, that goes for my Emerald and my Yellow too...I don't why but they are my favorites...

Years
    • NA
    • Seen Jan 12, 2008
    I will NEVER let go of my Blue (my first game) or my Emerald (my favorite where there are a lot of pokemon everyone is envious of). I'm guarding them 24/7 now. Someone stole my new DS, my FireRed, and Blue Mystery Dungeon. I am not bringing anything valuable to calligraphy class, there's a thief there.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    I'll never sell my Gold, unless for a extreme price >w<.

2nd Genration was always my favourite. I've always loved Meganium.

CarolinaSquirtle

Go Tarheels!
    Years
    I don't think that i'll ever get rid of my blue version. i think the pokedex in it is like 251 seen and 248 own. i did it w/o cheats of any kind and i'm only missing ekans and arbok and some other random pokemon. and i think ekans is in blue too lol.

Years
    Sure. I'd even sell my soul for a lot of money! O:
    But seriously, I really am attached to my games. Blue was also my first, I've never restarted it for fear of losing my first team of Pokes I loved. (Venusaur with Cut/Poison Powder/Solarbeam/Razor Leaf. -sigh-) However, I suppose I could part with those, maybe even my Silver and Gold (also not restarted, I can't lose my progress D8) but never my Crystal and Ruby. I hearrrt my good ole' Suicune sooo much. I was sure proud of it. Little did I know that every Crystal game had one.

All in all, if it's between throwing away or keeping I'd keep (and hit whoever wants me to throw away o__o) but if it's selling for money, I would, since I need to support my funds? xD;

Still... I really am attached to those good ole' games. I'm playing my Crystal on an emulator again, can't believe I can stand those graphics... I actually love them! ^o^;
    -stops blabbing- =x

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2009
    I don't think that i'll ever get rid of my blue version. i think the pokedex in it is like 251 seen and 248 own. i did it w/o cheats of any kind and i'm only missing ekans and arbok and some other random pokemon. and i think ekans is in blue too lol.

Your Blue Pokedex can't have 248 Pokemon in it since there are only 151 in the first Generation games, so I think you mean you've seen 151 and own 148. As for Ekans, he's a Red-only Pokemon.

As for me, the first Pokemon game I owned was Red right when it first came out. I played it through several hundreds of times but then my car got broken into and my Gameboy (original Gameboy, purchased new in 1990) was stolen. I then purchased the newest model of the Gameboy at the time, the Gameboy Color along with a new copy of Red. I proceeded to play Red over and over hundreds of times again until I heard about Gold and Silver. I emulated Gold right after it was released in Japan and played through the entire game in Japanese. Soon after that it was released in America and I bought Silver, which I played through several hundreds of times.

I feel really old now seeing that some of your first Pokemon games were the Generation 2 games. I was in high school when Gold and Silver came out and I remember bragging to all my nerdy friends how I had played it through already when it was released in the US. Shortly afterwards I lost interest in Pokemon altogether and, thanks to my girlfriend's younger cousin, I have just recently become interested in it again. I bought a DS and Pokemon Diamond and have become slightly obsessed again. I still have my Red and Silver cartridges and I'll never get rid of them because they're still fun games to play, plus they make a great addition to my video game collection.

Back