• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Attack effect hit + Weather

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2023
    Im trying to create effect that when pokemon uses a move it deals damage to foe and summons rain, like rain dance but with damage, this is my code
    Spoiler:

Things I did:
    Started with dealing damage effect found rain dance effect witch is 136*4 got the pointer 1d7a10 ends at 1d7a28
    copied it and pasted right after the dealing damage code, then added 15 at the end (I copied last 5 digitsh 28 4E 69 1D 08 and pasted after 15, and yes I replaced them with ffs did the 15 thing and so on.)
    the problem is when i perform the attack it shows throwing pokeball anim and freezes the game

C me

Creator of Pokemon League Of Legends
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2021
    Maybe there is another way to do this besides bsp?

By hex editing like you were doing but it's so much easier with BSP because you can visualise everything.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    Maybe there is another way to do this besides bsp?
    Have you ever used XSE, PKSV, or some other overworld script editor? Imagine if they didn't exist. Imagine instead that all you have is Advance Map and that box that tells you the offset of a script. You want to make a trainer that gives you an item after a battle, but you aren't allowed to use scripting. Instead, you have to open a hex editor and gather together bits and pieces of random bytes given to you by the offset of those other scripts. Trainers. People who give you items. You just blindly copy meaningless bytes from their scripts and hope it works. It sounds like a crazy thing to do, but that's essentially what you're doing if you try to create new attacks without learning battle script.

Back