• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Attack(s) you wanted on a pokemon

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
    Years
    Is there any pokemon that you wish had a move, but it doesn't.

Emboar should have learned Close Combat imo.

This thread is only for Unova Pokemon, unless you mention a Unova Pokemon in your post, it will be deleted.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Well, not in that manner, but there are certain TM moves which I wanted some Pokémon to have, but since they got removed in B/W, they can't have them. Some of those being Stealth Rock, Focus Punch and Giga Drain. Those all were TMs before, and they removed them in gen V which really bothers me.

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
    Is there any pokemon that you wish had a move, but it doesn't.

Emboar should have learned Close Combat imo.

close combat is more meant for fighting types and the like that are less bulky and more sleek. majority of them have a low defense/ sp. defense so it's a heavy hitting move meant to be an ace in the hole.

and i wish so badly that seperior could learn dragon pulse.

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
    Its not that I wanted any moves, it was the TM's with me, like the other poster said, they got rid of many useful TM's to make room for GEN V TM's. I wanted to teach stealth rock to a few Pokemon but can't, especially seed bomb, sometimes you need a tutor from 4th GEN to have it, then transfer it to 5th GEN then breed it with the Pokemon you want to have it. I can't do that however...

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I wanted Serperior to have Dragon Pulse, as said above, as well as something like Brick Break. Going with what Yoshihikko said, I wanted some of the old TMs from Gen IV to stay so that more Pokemon could use them, such as Throh and Sawk with Focus Punch and Sucker Punch + Stealth Rock being a legal combination on Pawniard and Bisharp.

The Nightmare

"I fight for what I belive in"
    Years
    I wanted Hydreigon to learn dragon claw than dragon pulse.

I wanted Hydreigon to learn dragon claw instead of dragon pulse.

Last edited:

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I wanted the Litwick line to learn Flamethrower through level up and to also learn Curse. I also wanted Cofagrigus to learn Nightmare and Payback via level up. I also want Cofagrigus to learn Dark Pluse.

:t354:TG

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Flareon to get Flare Blitz, obv! ;o;

Serperior should of gotten Dragon Pulse, and it should of been able to learn moves like Earth Power. Klinklang should get Earthquake, Wild Charge, Zen Headbutt. Maybe then it would of been viable to use. Haxorus should get Fire Punch or Fire Fang. Seriously, I hope in the 3rd Game that move tutors come back. I wouldn't mind getting the old tutors from Gen IV as well as some new ones. Stealth Rock plz

Orophin

Gamer
    Years
    Yeah I don't get why Stealth Rock and Roost were removed from TMs.

Also, Skarmory should have Whirlwind as a level up move imo.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    No Dark Pulse for Zoroark? :[
    When I first saw the screen shot of Zoroark when Black & White was still in the blue, I though Zoroark was using the move Dark Pulse. Turns out it was Night Daze. A little more powerful than Dark Pulse, but the accuracy of the move is reduced to 95.

Years
    Flareon and Flare Blitz. Flareon and Flare Blitz. Why the heo would Flareon NOT have Flare Blitz?

Also. Gigalith should definitely learn Earthquake by level up imo

Raizhu

the end
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2012
    Zekrom and Reshiram really should have gotten Earthquake. They're certainly big and strong enough to cause an earthquake.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    Shiftry needs Leaf Blade. BADLY I MEAN. Seriously their hand leaves could turned into some fancy leaf blade.

Wait, so this is for Unnova pokemon only? Then I thought than Serperior should have learn more physical of other type. I think it should be able to learn Dragon Rush :P

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Serpirior should have dragon pulse and Emboar should get close combat. Plus Toxicroak should get aura sphere...

Kristine

Pokemon Addict Since 1998
    Years
    I miss the move Signal Beam, which was learned from a move tutor in Platinum. My Espeon still has it since I transferred it over, but I wish I could be able to re-teach it to my Black/White pokemon. :|

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Emboar doesn't have Fire Punch. I mean, I wouldn't have used it, but look at its Pokedex entry:

"It can throw a fire punch by setting its fists on fire with its fiery chin."

It can throw a fire punch, but it can't LEARN fire punch? wtf.

Kristine

Pokemon Addict Since 1998
    Years
    Emboar doesn't have Fire Punch. I mean, I wouldn't have used it, but look at its Pokedex entry:

"It can throw a fire punch by setting its fists on fire with its fiery chin."

It can throw a fire punch, but it can't LEARN fire punch? wtf.

Yea... that really doesn't make any sense. >_>

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    Lilligant should totally be able to learn something like Psychic imo. It just looks like something that would be able to use it. And what happened to pretty much all grass types being able to use Sludge Bomb? It gets like Hidden Power and Giga Drain to do damage. Poor Lilligant (and Seed bby).

Back