• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

*Aura Guardians* Lucario/Riolu Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokemon Master N

Champion Trainer
Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2012
    O my god. This pic of Riolu certainly is cute! I love the golden coloration, and teh fact that he is crying! Wait, why did you make him cry?

I want to cuddle him to cheer him up.

I might have a dramitic ending planned... Corrupted Arceus killes Luca...

Pokemon Master N

Champion Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2012
    I'm not going to give another hint but Arceus might also destroy something even closer to him than Luca...

Rio448

Hoenn Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2012
    Sorry for being so inactive, didn't really have a lot of time for PC because of christmas ^^; I hope everyone had a wonderfull christmas though =)

olih

Who says you can't go home?
    Years
  • Gah DX Sorry I haven't been adding to the story; I was planning to, but never really got around to it. So here, I finally wrote some~

----

"Riolu! Riolu! Where are you!" Luca shouted, then coughed as the haze thickened. It pricked at his eyes, and he rubbed them, blinked, and squinted. The dim, vague circle of light provided by the lantern didn't help much, and he crouched lower to the ground when he felt his head brush against the ceiling. "Sure is narrow in here..."

"It is." Riolu fought his way through the darkness, feeling with his mind's psychic abilities around him, and laid a comforting paw on Luca's leg.

"Riolu!"

"Don't worry, I wouldn't let myself get lost." Sparing a smile, even though he knew Luca couldn't see it, Riolu stepped ahead cautiously. "Be careful. There are several rocks in the way."

"What do you—" His foot jerked backwards, and the sickening feeling of weightlessness hit Luca as he toppled forward, into the dirt.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah." Grimacing, Luca got back up, rubbing his chin where it had hit the ground. "I can see barely anything."

"Let me guide you." Walking out ahead of him, Riolu observed the tunnels of the mines closely, seeing the picture in his mind.

"What do you see?"

"There is a fork in the road, which way should we go?"

"I'm not sure."

"Maybe we should have asked that man for more information before we went rushing into this."

"Maybe we should have..." Luca said ruefully.

Shaking his head, Riolu advanced along the path, Luca following behind him. "We could... No, never mind."

"What?"

"Never mind."

Feeling the prickle of annoyance at not being able to satisfy his curiosity, Luca stopped and crossed his arms, lantern dangling from his finger. "What is it?"

"No need to be so impatient," Riolu sighed. "I was only going to suggest that we split up, I take one of the paths and you take the other, but I realized—"

"That wouldn't be smart."

"That was what I was going to say. It would be impractical. You wouldn't be able to find your way so easily in this dark, and if something attacks either of us we would be in much danger."

"We're still in danger here," Luca pointed out.

"No need to remind me. Besides, it was you who wanted to rush in here in the first place."

"Are you saying you wouldn't have wanted to save these trapped miners?"

"Who said they were trapped?"

"That guy told me—"

"He only said they lost communication—"

"That still means they're in danger, so we should—"

"Look. Listen," Riolu said, crossing his arms and trying to keep the anger out of his voice.

"What?"

Sighing, he said, "You should have thought about this before—"

"Oh, so now I'm the one to blame!"

"I never said that, it's just—"

"We don't only have to find out the meaning of these shards—!"

"—careless—"

"—have to protect people too—"

"Oh, because it's part of your ranger duties—"

"I'm not a ranger anymore!"

"Exactly!"

"Look, why are we arguing?"

At this, the tumultuous raising of their voices suddenly crashed down into quietness, and they shut up, the only sound their loud and angry breathing. Riolu slowly turned around to face Luca.

"Why?"

"I... don't know," Luca admitted.

"We're supposed to be friends, friends hold strong together."

"And though arguments make us stronger..."

"It is, in the end, friendship that holds us together," Riolu completed, holding out his paw. Crouching down, Luca clasped it firmly, and cracked a grin.

"Awesome that you can still remember it."

"But of course. You and I were the strongest ranger team around, not only in battles, but in soul. I wouldn't forget the ranger chant for anything."

"It's been a long time, though."

"We're still together here, aren't we?" Riolu smiled as well. "Friends again?"

"Friends, and may that argument be behind us."

Starting to walk along again, Luca remarked, "It's cold."

"Unusually so."

"Yeah. I'd have thought it'd be warmer, considering it's farther down in the earth."

Realizing this, Riolu took a closer look at the mine tunnel they were now walking along in. Haven chosen the right-hand path at the junction earlier, they had noticed that the tunnel gradually sloped down. Because of this the temperature should have been increasing, but instead...

And then the Onix burst from the ground.

Pokemon Master N

Champion Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2012
    That is good, really, really good. But remember, your meant to be telling the story from the Riolus point of view!

olih

Years
  • Ah, thanks ^_^ And sorry 'bout that; I'm just used to writing these sorts of things in third person. I'll write in first from now on :)

Pokemon Master N

Champion Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2012
    Thanks, your peice was written just before I was about to writ mine untill I saw yours! I was amazed at how good it was! :D

olih

Years
  • You could still write your piece though :D And thanks so much ^_^ I like writing, and this is really fun so far~

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
  • I hope everyone has a happy New Year! May this club last a very long time, and I have some interesting events planned for the club in 2012!

Also, I apologize for my absence, I had to do lots of family related things since it was Christmas and what not, but i'm back again.

I was trying to post more about the story, and to my surprise I ended up spending 30+ minutes on writing only to hit post and have my modem die... and all of the things I wrote was gone. I'll have to rewrite it now, but that won't be too hard considering I remember what I write. If it sounds a little strange, it's because it is not as exact as it was yesterday when I wrote it and I tried to make it as close as possible to the original one. I also just woke up at the time of this post so i'm not really thinking clearly. :sleeping:

------
    The Onix roared, and slowly approached us. It's eyes were red, and it started to attack Luca, but it missed him.

"Luca run! I'll try to distract it, i'll meet up with you later!" I shouted.

Luca ran forward, and I stayed behind to make sure that Luca was able to escape. The Onix then tried to attack me, but I avoided it and retaliated with an Aura Sphere, only to have Onix dodge it. The Aura Sphere hit the side of the cave, and a few rocks fell on the ground and almost blocked the path.

"Darn! I can't just wildly shoot Aura Spheres everywhere! The Onix will just dodge it and they will hit the sides of the cave and block our only way out! I can't just attack it directly either... Let's see." I said to myself as I closed my eyes and used my Aura to examine my surroundings.

I saw Luca run into a giant chamber that processed ore and in the middle of the room on the ceiling, was a giant stalagmite.

"There! I'll use that!" I said as I turned around and started running.

The Onix then started to chase me, and attack. I managed to dodge it's attacks, but I had to contact Luca quickly and tell him the plan.

"Luca. The Onix is chasing me now, and I have a plan that can knock it out. In the room you are currently in, is a stalagmite on the ceiling. I am going to use an Aura Sphere on it so it drops on the Onix."
    I telepathically said to Luca.

"I'll help you with your plan, it's too dangerous to do it alone! Lure it to the center of the room and i'll act as a decoy."
    Luca telepathically replied to me.

I then knew what I had to do, and as soon as I arrived in the ore processing room, I jumped down and hid behind a mining cart.

"Riolu! I'll signal you when to use your Aura Sphere!" Luca shouted.

Luca then ran to the middle of the room and then Onix rushed out of the corridor that I was in and landed on the ground in front of Luca. The plan seemed to work, and the Onix was going after Luca. Luca then turned around, signaled me, and that was my cue to hit the stalagmite. I used Aura Sphere on the stalagmite, and it started to crumble, and it fell.

"Luca watch out!" I shouted, trying to run up to Luca.

Luckily, Luca managed to jump away in time, and he was not injured by the stalagmite. However, the Onix was unaware and was hit in the head by it, and it collapsed on the ground.

"Good job Riolu!" Luca said, trying to catch his breath.

We looked at the now defeated Onix, and as we did, I wondered why this room had no fog in it. So I looked around and saw that there were actually vents with fans that were ventilating the room on the ceiling. The Onix then got up, and I went in front of Luca.

"Stay back Luca!" I shouted as I watched Onix get up.

"My head... What have I been doing that made my head hurt so much?" The Onix said to itself.

"Wait... You're not trying to chase after us or hurt us?" Luca asked.

"Chase after you or hurt you? Why would I ever want to do that?" The Onix said.

"Well, you were chasing after us only a few minutes ago..." I replied.

"My apologies. I do not know what was I was doing, my memory is foggy at the moment. May I ask, what a human and their pokemon is doing in this tunnel? Are you here to help with the mining?" Onix asked.

"No, we are not here for that. We are here to investigate the strange fog that has been emitting from this mine, and we heard reports of strange activity going on here." Luca answered.

"I'm sorry, I cannot help you right now. I don't even know where I am or how I got here. But if you are going to go deeper into the cave, I can guide you because I know these caves well." Onix said.

"That would be of great help to us. Thanks." Luca replied.

Onix walked forward and went down the slope into another corridor.

"Come on now, let's not waste any time. I don't feel like staying here forever!" Onix shouted.

We followed behind him, and I heard Luca speaking to me.

"This is getting strange. Keep your guard up Riolu. I remember his eyes were red, but he seems normal now. Maybe he was possessed, I don't know."
    Luca telepathically said to me.

The deeper we got into the cave, the thicker the fog got, so we knew we headed in the right direction. Little did we know what really took place in this cave.

Last edited:

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • the story is looking good but you made some few minor errors though. It is Onix and not Onyx. (but there is a real life Onyx stone, where Onix' name is patterned after, so honest mistake there). Yup yup.

Last edited:

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
  • the story is looking good but you made some few minor errors though. It is Onux and not Onyx. (but there is a real life Onyx stone, where Onix' name is patterned after, so honest mistake there). Yup yup.
    Hah, like I said, I wrote it when I just woke up, and I can never think clearly when I do so there was going to be a couple of errors. I also didn't go over it to make sure there was no spelling errors but oh well. Everyone makes mistakes, and i'm glad you like it so far! :D

Where I live, it is close to New Years! Just 50 more minutes at the time of this post!

EDIT: I have corrected the story and fixed "Onux" wherever it was necessary. If I missed one, tell me so I can fix it. ;)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back