• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Australian Release Dates

Paranoia

FC: 1375 3660 8982
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    Awesome, Just a question everyone, Why is it always so god damn expensive in Australia, Its $35 American which = $43.32 Aus, So why does it cost so much more!

Crimson Arcanine

The majestic and mythical
    Years
    Buy at release, myself. I can't afford to pre-order atm.

It really annoys me it comes out so late in Australia. It means I have to spend about 45 days hearing about it and I don't even get to try it without buying an american version or getting some of of emulation device. And on another forum they were gonna have a tourmament in May and I'm one of few who can't be in it. :(

And pokemon games always cost heaps in Australia, R/S/E and LG/FR STILL sell for $59.95 in the shops despite how long they're been out. They haven't dropped a single dollar for nearly a year.

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2007
    I asked the guys at EB and they said that it waas the official realease but they did offer me a week early realase

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Hey well if Aus is getting it possibly in June... I'm guessing the NZ release will be around then as well. I hope the prices will have dropped enough by Christmas to get the English version... xD

Crimson Arcanine

The majestic and mythical
    Years
    As I usually do, i'll keep an eye out. Starting from my birthday (April 19th). Hopefully us Aussies and New Zealanders are lucky?

But I doubt you'll see a price drop by Christmas thro. Drops in price for Pokemon games are as rare as hens teeth, from my experience. Of course i'm known to be wrong too....

Thunderdash

Thunder Master
    Years
    the uk date is 1st june well thats what Wikipedia says so the Australian could be before or after the uk date

Last edited:

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    As I usually do, i'll keep an eye out. Starting from my birthday (April 19th). Hopefully us Aussies and New Zealanders are lucky?

But I doubt you'll see a price drop by Christmas thro. Drops in price for Pokemon games are as rare as hens teeth, from my experience. Of course i'm known to be wrong too....
    xD, yup. Hopefully it'll be out quick.

Yeah, I have seen that too. Like Emerald still costs NZD$80... original release price and its a GBA game!!! So I'm guessing this will be up there still too, unless Boxing Day Sales come and save me.
    the uk date is 1st june well thats what Wikipedia says so the Australian could be before or after the uk date
    Well that doesnt really help...

zeon9881

Moderater jr.
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2007
    for those who are wondering why it costs so much is because when you shp something from another region u need to pay the ship or airplane. so the extra money your paying is for the shipment to the city or country. none the less just get it inported =P

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
    Australian Release Dates

We have a thread discussing a possible Australien release date already, so I'm just going to merge these two.

~merged~

Back