• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Auto-install chip and char sets?

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2005
    I don't know about you, but installing chipsets is the WORST part of making a game. Is there anything that automatically installs most of the Pokemon Chipsets?

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2006
    nope. It is annoying but is one of the smaller steps of making a game. I know it may be annoying but it has to be done in order to make a game. we all do it. Just have the patience of 10 minutes to do it yourself and hopefully it will pay off.

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
    Years
  • just copy them to the chipset folder of your game, then edit each one wit microsoft photo editor and set the color that you want to transparent, save as PNG and they will be on your game, now you just need to import them and set the collisions. :\

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2008
    It is the easiest thing to do in fact... You just need to learn it from experience...

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    I usually copy and paste all the folders I have into a new game. Then I just delete the characters and tilesets I know for a fact I won't use, and there you go. Now it does take me a little time, since I have over 11 MB of graphics alone (not counting music), but it's a necessary evil that has no shortcut.

PokeCreator_09

RM2K3 Professional
    Years
  • I know. this is one of the worst things, putting a new chipset in a game, especially if there as big as the complete johto or complete emerald ones.

Does anybody know how to make an rtp pack, like the standard RTP? I know there's a way 'cause it lets you import more rtp packs,m but there are none available yet.

Back