• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Auto pokewalker AKA pokerunner

TheDarkrai

Master Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2012
    Lol, shaking barely works, i just put it in my pocket at school and i get a pretty good 3000 steps...

Years
    The most I do is shake it whenever I'm in class, otherwise I'll just walk with it normally. This pokerunner thing is pretty funny, I mean sure it works and all that, but it does kill the idea. I figured the pokewalker was neat and set up for the ideas of:

1.) So people will actually buy the game instead of just using an emulator or flashcard blah blah blah (hence why a the receiver/transmitter is in the game cartridge and doesn't use the DS' normal wireless capabilities).
    2.) So people will learn to take a break and get some exercise for once! I know we're all dying to finish the game but this suggested moderation is something to consider here. It's a ingenious setup really so why let it go to waste for something like this?

Spinach

like popeye
    Years
    LOL!
    thats pretty sweet, i just tie mine to a fan
    I tried this, but because it just spun in a circle, I didn't get any steps.

My freind made one using some knex, but I doubt it is as efficient as yours.
    (Search Youtube for "Pokemon Walker Machine!" to see.)

EDIT: To those who are just telling us cheaters to be active, I am. I wear it in my sock during school, and occasionally take walks with it. However, I want to unlock the Quiet Cave, which is the last course on the device. To do that I need 100,000 watts. At 20 steps per watt, that's 2 million steps! If I average 10,000 steps per day, it will take me 200 days to get that. I would much rather have a machine gather steps for me while I sleep.

Last edited:

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    EDIT: To those who are just telling us cheaters to be active, I am. I wear it in my sock during school, and occasionally take walks with it. However, I want to unlock the Quiet Cave, which is the last course on the device. To do that I need 100,000 watts. At 20 steps per watt, that's 2 million steps! If I average 10,000 steps per day, it will take me 200 days to get that. I would much rather have a machine gather steps for me while I sleep.
    Of course it will take 100-200 days, that is the point! It's like people rationalizing about using a cheat device to get event Pokemon. Event Pokemon are rare for a reason. You need 100,000 Watts to open Quiet Cave for a reason. Where is the fun or sense of accomplishment if you can just get everything right off the bat?

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    I walked 5 miles yesterday and only got 12,000 steps o_o I don't regularly walk that far... and I thought I was in good shape!

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2011
    i know this is a little off topic but dose anyone know how to XP thing works? like how much XP your pokemon gets for how many steps or watts?

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Unless I am mistaken, it is 1 Exp Point per step, but you can only level up one level per stroll. After that you are just increasing the Pokemon's Happiness. Also, beware that unlike the Daycare Center, your Pokemon will not learn a new move when it levels up. So it is important to make sure you don't put your Pokemon out for a stroll if there is a move you want it to learn on it leveling up.

IceSage

Sage of Ice
    Years
    If you pay careful attention to the Japanese ad for HG/SS, it suggests to children that they should give the Pokewalker to their mom or dad when they go to work. (If you can't understand Japanese or find a subtitled version of the ad, it's the part where you see the stick figure with the briefcase walking with the Pokewalker attached.)

Gamefreaked

Evil Genius
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2010
    Those of you flaming others, for trying to find a way to get the steps required for the walker faster, need to keep it to yourselves or make a new thread about it. Not everyone wants to wait two thirds of a year to unlock a course and if i remember correctly its their's not your's. They can do whatever they want with it, why should you care, it doesnt affect you. I actually applaud these attempts because at least they're trying to use their wits. Besides not everyone has the time to waste to gather the steps to unlock a course for a game they're playing.

IceSage

Sage of Ice
    Years
    Those of you flaming others, for trying to find a way to get the steps required for the walker faster, need to keep it to yourselves or make a new thread about it.

Only one guy kind of did this in this thread, (fisheydude), so I'm not sure what you're all up in arms about. =P

The rest of us are just chiming in our two cents on how we prefer to unlock things normally.

Also, I'd rather not see a new thread with people flaming, thanks anyway though.

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
    I just put it in my sock, when doing normal day stuff I average 30,000 steps a day, no reason to cheat. :/

Gamefreaked

Evil Genius
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2010
    It was more of a precautionary thing, sorry. I want to see some more ideas
    I just don't want future flamers posting and I've seen plenty of threads like this get ruined for comments on how people either love doing it normally or hate
    "cheating."

Now on with the ideas.
    My friend told me that he taped his to his old washing machine and that it worked like a charm. Only problem with that is that you gotta have a really bad washing machine to use it.
    I would just say shake it whenever you have time but I heard that didn't work so well so I guess I got nothing.

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
    It was more of a precautionary thing, sorry. I want to see some more ideas
    I just don't want future flamers posting and I've seen plenty of threads like this get ruined for comments on how people either love doing it normally or hate
    "cheating."

Now on with the ideas.
    My friend told me that he taped his to his old washing machine and that it worked like a charm. Only problem with that is that you gotta have a really bad washing machine to use it.
    I would just say shake it whenever you have time but I heard that didn't work so well so I guess I got nothing.
    Shaking it works perfectly if you do it right, don't shake it really hard or something, you gotta shake it at a nice "walking" pace.

Gamefreaked

Evil Genius
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2010
    Ill try that then, see what I get by tomorrow.
    My only other idea is to tie it to my dog when she's in a hyper mood but I think itd be pretty big for her leg.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    i gave mine to my cousins while they were at the park today. they kept fighting over who got to run with it. gotta love little kids ^_^

Jweeson

Pokemon Aficianado
    Years
    I just wear mine when I'm at school, and I wear it when I play tennis. :)

I don't see why you'd need to cheat, because don't your pokemon only gain one level anyway? The only reason to cheat would be to get watts, and I would like to unlock all the different routes/courses legit-like.

Kopaka96

Pokemon Master
    Years
    What I do is because I have RLS, I strap it to my sock and bounce my foot or put it in my sock and wiggle my foot for a few hours while watching a movie or TV I get 13,000 "steps" on a good day. :D

Back