• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

AUUUGH *flips table*

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Last time I played, it was flooded with GiantDads/HavelMoms/StoneChildren, Dark Bead spammers, baiting Chaos Rapier +5 turtles, and gankers.
    There's one more: two-handed Falchion spam with Darkmoon Blade. Comes free with spoonfuls of WOTG.

Last edited:

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    There's one more: two-handed Falchion spam with Darkmoon Blade. Comes free with spoonfuls of WOTG.

Ugh, thanks for reminding me. They were still a huge problem despite my Faith builds with GMB, although I don't remember encountering them using WotG. I usually see WotG only on dedicated spam builds since it's has a huge window for dodging.

Now that I think about it, my worst experience with DaS 1v1 PvP has probably been against DWGR pokers. They wouldn't be such a problem in a well made online game, but the "questionable" netcode renders parries and setup parries near useless. It takes a certain amount of skill and a lot of patience, but it's just such a boring playstyle, and the only real way to counter it (in my experience at least) is to adopt their playstyle and outpoke the enemy.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    ^ Git Gud Scrub, u mad bro?

Dark Souls insults away yeah it's PvP is a hellfight of people exploiting and using Giant Dads, it is a fun experience when you go to Londo and just train wreck noobs who have no idea what becoming Human means :D Also Steam Sale means that PC dark souls gets flooded with people who don't know the controls. Also the onyl way to win at DS PvP is just exploit and hope you can kick them off a cliff.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Aside from raging audibly, and swearing like the sailor my daddy was, at my own mistakes and cheap shots; I don't really rage that hard.

But I do have a bit of a system, and there are times where I either **** up so badly I put the game down for some period of time or I am just so pissed at the game I quit and find something else to play for a while.

Depending on the level of rage induced, I may even BAN myself from playing a game for a period of time. Usually these are temporary, for giving myself time to research things or just to cool down and attack it later from a different angle.

CrimsonFlames

Bye-Beeeeeee!
    Years
  • I do rage in some games...

In Tekken, cousins beating me....

In Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen/R/B/Y, Agatha and Lance..... too evil Pokemanz....

In AQWorlds, large maps that I can get lost easily and the 13 bosses of chaos are really hard to find the quests are soooo hard....

In Adventure Quest, getting lost in a maze in DragonClaw Island and fighting a lvl. 150 Emerald Golem.... oh I didn't forget Carnax...

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    If I keep losing there is no way that I will keep playing. It's not worth my time to get angry and break something. Normally if this happens, I take a break from the game and come back to it later.

SomariFeyWright

Seven years is all it takes...
    Years
  • As a boy with litte control over his emotions, I'm not always the best at handling difficult points in games. Keep in mind, I'm the guy who threw a fit playing Harvest Moon.
    ... Harvest Moon for god's sake! And freaking Friends of Mineral Town, at that!

No matter how casual the challenge, whenever I continuously lose at a thing, I rage. Pretty damn badly.

So yeah.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Ugh, thanks for reminding me. They were still a huge problem despite my Faith builds with GMB, although I don't remember encountering them using WotG. I usually see WotG only on dedicated spam builds since it's has a huge window for dodging.

Now that I think about it, my worst experience with DaS 1v1 PvP has probably been against DWGR pokers. They wouldn't be such a problem in a well made online game, but the "questionable" netcode renders parries and setup parries near useless. It takes a certain amount of skill and a lot of patience, but it's just such a boring playstyle, and the only real way to counter it (in my experience at least) is to adopt their playstyle and outpoke the enemy.
    If they are running it, they'll first-frame WotG you after breaking your guard or poise (ideally they would get a face full of riposte before this happens, but what you said about parries stands), or they'll straight-up dead-angle with it. In any case, I think WotG works well since the build is so aggressive and uses faith anyway. A couple of points in attunement are a decent trade for the damage potential.

In my own (limited) experience, one of the best and most fun counters to cookie-cutter builds is to do something unsual yourself. The relative surprise and possibly even not being taken seriously can actually weigh quite heavily in your favour. This is my personal favourite PvP build, unique in that it slow-walks(!) but is actually viable, in part because scrubs who encounter it often get stuck and just don't know what to do. Takes a lot of patience to play successfully, though.

^ Git Gud Scrub, u mad bro?

Dark Souls insults away yeah it's PvP is a hellfight of people exploiting and using Giant Dads, it is a fun experience when you go to Londo and just train wreck noobs who have no idea what becoming Human means :D Also Steam Sale means that PC dark souls gets flooded with people who don't know the controls. Also the onyl way to win at DS PvP is just exploit and hope you can kick them off a cliff.
    People in Londo probably know full well what being human means, they're just trying to beat O&S. :(

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
  • When I keep losing to a particular level/boss, I'll just stop playing and come back to it later. Sometimes taking a break is the best thing to do. I did that with Sephiroth in KH1. The next morning, I beat him on my first try.

In the case of Birth by Sleep's Mysterious Figure boss, I just flat out quit. He's way too hard and unnecessary, able to kill you without even giving you a chance to act. And since I refuse to use the Thunder Surge exploit, I've lost to him about 50+ times, not even able to get him down to 2 bars of health.

So in cases where a boss is unnecessarily hard and pretty much luck-based, I just stop playing.

Years
  • I'd get really angry and turn the game off to cool down. Then I'd proceed to google strategies and the like to make things easier.. or level up a bit if it's that sort of game. If I really can't beat it then I guess I'd remain sad for a while until I feel inclined to pick it up and try again.

Back