• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

avatar ; the last c o l o r bender

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2012
    APPARENTLY - girl, i didn't even ask y'all to find this old gallery nor speculate. srsly. just doing y'all a fav tbh. YOU'RE WELCOME! link back to narutobase: https://www.narutobase.net/forums/showthread.php?t=266415

`i c o n s ♥
    Spoiler:

`c o l o r s ♥ (i barely see anyone do colorizations on pc)
    Spoiler:

BRB.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Wow, no idea how this hasn't gotten any comments, because your icons are absolutely amazing, I love what you do with your coloring and text.

These two are my favorites, the text on them looks great, and the coloring is well-done too. As for any criticism, I guess I'd just say to watch your placement at times? On the "New Beginning" icon, it's right over the kid, who seems to be the focal point of the icon, it might look better elsewhere. Honestly, I'm not great with GFX Crit, so I apologize if that was lackluster, but this is really an amazing gallery, your Megan Fox piece looks nice as well.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • I've actually written out full comments in this thread like 3 times and just hesitated and not posted for whatever reasons, but I figure I might as well give you one now since it is back at the top of the page. :P

Basically the main point I want to make here, is that while you cover a massive, MASSIVE range of styles for your icons, you seem be quite inconsistent with some of the examples here.

You've got icons like these, which are simply amazing, AND are all different in execution and aesthetic and stuff, however there are some examples here that seriously drop off in standard such as these ones:

There isn't much to say in regards to icons, especially because you pull off busy, and empty tags seemingly equally as well. But I will say that you should try and stick to a certain style, and master it, and then move onto other things. Just so you get more consistency, because having such a large variety, especially when you don't always pull them off excellently can be seen as a negative thing rather than positive. So yeah, I think work on what seems to work, and try and ignore styles that either don't work, or focus only on that style so it improves and you don't end up with random dud icons.

Colourings and stuff I'm not going to comment on because I've never done them and don't know what to comment on, but you seem to do a good job, definitely good at keeping the quality which isn't easy, but yeah!

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2012
    @Karpman: awww, thanks. :) & yeah, i know. i'm really bad with placement. that's something i need to work on, because that's the only thing critics say whenever i showcase my gallery. SHAMEEE. haha.
    & i'm glad you like the megan fox piece. ;)

@moments.: WHAAAAAAAAAAT!? xD
    but you're here now, so whatever. :)
    and first i just want to say thank you, 100x!
    anyways~ my reason for inconsistency-ness is due to the fact that i just make icons randomly on random days. but yeah, i'm still trying to find a certain style, thanks. :)
    oh. and some of the dropped standard icons were, well, you know, dropping off because they were one of my first icons. either that or i had a lazy day.
    but you know, like you said, i don't want to end up with 'dud icons'.
    & OH - thanks, quality is my #1 priority.

-

thank you guys so much!!!
    i appreciate every bit! ^^

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • avatar ; the last c o l o r bender

Man, those are some smexy icons. Make a tut, wouldcha? I can't ever dream of making icons like those so I can't really criticize them. They're just plain awesome.

Back