• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2009
    Sorry if this isn't aloud, Im New to PC.
    Hey Everyone, I recently developed a Liking to the Old Pokemon Games so i tried to get a Copy of Pokemon Silver on Kijiji. I really tried to grasp my hands on it but it didn't work out. So then i discovered something else, Pokemon ROMS. I didn't really know how to work Roms and it took me Days. But just an Hour ago, I got it to work and im Playing Pokemon Silver Happily. So i want to know, Do you guys Play on ROMS for Monotype challenges, Walkthroughs Etc.? And if so, tell me if they work better for you than the actual game itself. Also tell me the pro's and con's about ROMS.

Peace Out!
    Sour Wingjuice.

BJ088

It's been so long!
    Years
    Funny you should mention old Pokemon games, I just downloaded the GB roms for Red and Blue just to take me back to the days! And OH how good it is lol

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    Pro's of ROMS
    -------------
    Can get old games that are no longer sold in stores.
    No problems with saving batteries dying, or internal clocks running dry.
    You can have more than one save file.

Con's of ROMS
    --------------
    Certain sounds aren't exactly how they sound originally, although this is very minor and barely noticable.
    Complicated process if you want to save your game. For example, Lameboy requires you to save normally *and* put in a save state in order to have your game preserved.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Sorry, but this really isn't the place to talk about ROMs. I'm sure there's a pros and cons of ROMs listed somewhere else without the need of discussion.

Le lock;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back