• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Awkward

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    I wonder something, and I think it would be funny to debate this: if someone has a Yadon/Slowpoke and then someone else has a Sheruda/Shellder and the Pokémon get to together, causing Yadon to evolve, who would keep said Yadoran/Slowbro? @_@

I mean, it's the ones Sheruda and the others Yadon, correct? So who would get the Yadoran? =O

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I think the one that owned the Slowpoke gets it.

But techinically, it would be both of them's Pokemon. And since that would contradict Pokeballs, it would more than likely be released automatically.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • It's most likely the owner of the Slowpoke gets to keep it. Why? Because Shellder doesn't evolve into Slowbro, but Slowpoke does.

Years
  • I always thought up of silly explanations for situations like that in pokemon, and I manage to remember what I thought up for this one a while ago. My justification was that only wild Shellder would attach themselves to Slowpoke, and ones captured by trainers wouldn't want to. o_o; I guess I assumed that it's an instinctual thing for Shellder to do, but once they're captured they might lose that instinct for whatever reason.

I can't remember the anime episode where it happened, but is the Shellder actually alive when it attaches to Slowpoke, or does it "meld" with it so they're the same being? That part always confused me, although I assumed that they sort of melded together, it makes a little more sense to me, although I could be wrong.

EagleVision1999

Commander
    Years
  • I can't remember the anime episode where it happened, but is the Shellder actually alive when it attaches to Slowpoke, or does it "meld" with it so they're the same being? That part always confused me, although I assumed that they sort of melded together, it makes a little more sense to me, although I could be wrong.
    I remember the Pokedex said something about the shellder:
    R/B:The Shellder that latches onto Slowpoke's tail is said to feed on the host's leftover scraps.
    Crystal:An attached Shellder won't let go because of the tasty flavor that oozes out of its tail.
    So the shellder would be some kind of parasite.
    I think only wild shellders would try to get on slowbros tail.
    It could let go of it if its Trainer says so because:
    Yellow:Lives lazily by the sea. If the Shellder on its tail comes off, it becomes a Slowpoke again.

Years
  • I say they cut off the tail like they did in Johto and the Shelder guy keeps the tail, and the other keeps the Slowbro

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    It's most likely the owner of the Slowpoke gets to keep it. Why? Because Shellder doesn't evolve into Slowbro, but Slowpoke does.

Exactly. xD;

Slowpoke's original trainer should get it.

As for Shellder's trainer.. sucks to be them. >_>

Guess they're gonna have to go do some more fishing.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • I remember the Pokedex said something about the shellder:
    R/B:The Shellder that latches onto Slowpoke's tail is said to feed on the host's leftover scraps.
    Crystal:An attached Shellder won't let go because of the tasty flavor that oozes out of its tail.
    So the shellder would be some kind of parasite.
    I think only wild shellders would try to get on slowbros tail.
    It could let go of it if its Trainer says so because:
    Yellow:Lives lazily by the sea. If the Shellder on its tail comes off, it becomes a Slowpoke again.
    How can Shellder be a parasite if it's not harming Slowbro at all? It's commensalism, not parasitism.

EagleVision1999

Commander
    Years
  • How can Shellder be a parasite if it's not harming Slowbro at all? It's commensalism, not parasitism.
    It's not harming it but it forces it to move XD

Its tail has a Shellder firmly attached with a bite. As a result, the tail can't be used for fishing anymore. This forces it to reluctantly swim and catch prey.

But, yeah, parasite is not exactly true.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    The Slowbro owner would get it. The Shellder would be a usable pokemon and Slowbro is the same Slowpoke, just smarter.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • It's not harming it but it forces it to move XD

Its tail has a Shellder firmly attached with a bite. As a result, the tail can't be used for fishing anymore. This forces it to reluctantly swim and catch prey.

But, yeah, parasite is not exactly true.
    The Shellder on Slowbro's tail is kind of what makes Slowbro a Slowbro and not a Slowpoke. :[ It helps Slowbro stand upright and increase its physical defense significantly. o3o

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 25, 2009
    it doesn't even look like a shellder ._.

i propose it should be a new pokemon obtainable in the future generations

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    The one that owned the Slowpoke, since Shelder is a parasite in this circumstance.

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • I think if u have a shellder keep it away for slowbro till it evolves into a cloyster NAh but in all seriousness i think that the slopokes owner would get the pokemon but i like the theorey thaat captured shellders can not Evolve Slowpokes

blitzbear

aprentice breeder(maybe crazy)
    Years
  • i think shelders owner deserves it for having such a crap pokemon in the first place ( SLOWPOKE ROCKS!!!!!!!)

i wish they could evole slowpoke it we be more fun having to find both but then which one would it get its name form or would it be like shedninja?

Last edited:
    Back