• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Aye Peeko! Let's sail on to the yonder!

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
  • Mr. Briney and his Peeko! He was used has a plotdevice (so sad) to progress on the storyline.

At the beginning of the story, he helped you go to Dewford and battle the gym and sent the letter to Steven and and sailed to Slateport to continue on!

At post-game, he is now the captain of the SS Tidal! And all because you helped him rescue Peeko the Wingull!

Do you think Mr. Briney would make a return in ORAS? Will he have a bigger role in the storyline this time?

Discuss!

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    I think he will return, maybe he can go on even bigger lines :) like a interncontinental line :D

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Ahh, yes, the revered seafarer with an adorable Pokémon! In all means, it was mighty hard to speak to him because that Peeko would keep flitting around and block us. But he was a fun guy, and he knew how to not get seasick (points finger to vomiting SS Anne captain) and he let us go to the town of Dewford. But, I was kind of sad that he mysteriously left after we get Surf, because I really wanted to travel to Dewford again, to get the Old Rod.

It was nice to see him in the SS Tidal, though.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • Ah yes, I remember him and his silly Clown Boat well. He NEEDS to come back,, and they NEED to keep the boat looking like a Clown Boat.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Ah yes, I remember him and his silly Clown Boat well. He NEEDS to come back,, and they NEED to keep the boat looking like a Clown Boat.

Clown Boat? I never thought about it like that, but now that you mention it... no wonder he was running around in circles with his Peeko inside his house... what a weird guy :P

Luckily, with the whole 3D thing, we'd be able to look out of the boat on the cruise and inspect how the sea is like.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • There's a lot of potential with this considering the 3D engine indeed, but I don't think he'll have any more a significant role in the story.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    There's a lot of potential with this considering the 3D engine indeed, but I don't think he'll have any more a significant role in the story.

Maybe he could lead us to the new areas or islands we've been speculating? idk just seems that he could be a bit more supportive.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Ah, dear old Mr. Briney and his darling Peeko! I don't think his role needs that much expansion, although maybe an animated cutscene with him being enraged and yelling "WRRRRRRROOOOOOOAAAAAARRRRR! PEEKO!" at Rusturf Tunnel (when the Team Aqua Grunt kidnaps Peeko) would be nice. XD The "sailing" cutscene definitely needs to be enhanced, with magnificent window views from the boat's perspective, if possible. Maybe Mr. Briney can also be included in the Match Call feature? He seems like an interesting fellow who could call you at times and tel you old sailor's tales or something, or maybe play some sort of catchy sea shanty?

Although his Ruby/Sapphire game overworld sprite got the job done in terms of representing a "generic old man sailor", maybe it could be modified slightly to have Mr. Briney's game outfit resemble his outfit from the Pokemon anime or the Pokemon TCG?

Aye Peeko! Let's sail on to the yonder!
    Aye Peeko! Let's sail on to the yonder!

(LOL Clown Boat? XD Well, there's the "Clown Boat" in full view for ya. :P)

Maybe he could lead us to the new areas or islands we've been speculating? idk just seems that he could be a bit more supportive.

I think the Southern Island event had some generic sailor ferry the player to Southern Island, although the role would be rather more fitting for Mr. Briney..

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
    Years
  • I also think he will make a comeback and may have a single or double appearence but a big role in this game!

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    He was one of the most important characters, I'm sure he'll make a comeback Plus, PEEKO. <3
    I love that precious lil' Wingull, and Mr. Briney is funny, so I'd love to have him play a little more into the story than he did last time. Maybe like, only his boat can get through all the currents that the super crazy weather is making and he takes you by boat to the dive point right in front of Sootopolis, or you battle the Legendary Pokemon while aboard his ship? That'd be awesome. <3

Years
  • "Ohhh, what am I to do? We were on our walk, Peeko and I, when we were jumped by an odd thug… The scoundrel made off with my darling Peeko! Wrrrooooooaaaar! Peeko!"

Wrrrooooooaaaar! Peeko!

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Since it's a remake I'm sure they will return.

I look forward to seeing them again, I really liked those characters.

Years
  • I hope YOU get to navigate the boat. Idk always wanted to do it as a kid.

Would be cool if we get new added post story stuff where he takes you somewhere. Maybe like a Sevii Islands thing.

Back