• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Aye Peeko! Let's sail on to the yonder!

blue

gucci
Years
  • "My darling Peeko! Wrrrooooooaaaar! Peeko!"

I thought Mr. Briney & Peeko were great, perhaps he can take us to new undiscovered islands.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Wow. Why don't we crash the boat into the Abandoned Ship while passing through it? It would be irony XD
    Haha, that'd be interesting.

I actually think it'd be cool if Briney gave us a sort of sidequest during the game that we have to navigate his boat for. I can't right imagine why a seasoned captain would let a a kid operate his boat but... a boy can dream.

Years
    • Seen today
    I think it's going to be much the same. GameFreak may integrate Mr. Briney a bit more the same way they did with the Kimono Girls in HGSS. That is entirely a possibility, he's the kind of "helpful" background character like the Kimono Girls were. So he could end up being more of a helper, especially since a lot of Hoenn is based around water; he has a lot of quick access to a player's location.

It's unlikely his participation will be expanded, but if it is I imagine we could potentially see something like we did with the Kimono Girls. I expect the remakes will have a plot alteration involving a character (or characters) the same way they did with the Kimono Girls. Mr. Briney is a possibility for that spot, certainly.

Years
  • I'm certain he'll be back, and he'll probably perform the same function..I kinda hope he has a bigger role.. Which, I mean, could just mean a side quest or two :B

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Remakes, not sequels. This isn't supposed to be set in the future as far as we know so assuming that things have advanced beyond the set timeline of RSE is probably not going to be true.

Years
  • Mr. Briney was a fun, quirky character and I loved reading his dialogue, haha. This being a complete remake, it's obvious he'll return, but I don't see him getting much more involvement in the story. He was already a minor character with little purpose in the game. The only thing I can think of is possibly accessing his boat post-game to travel to a new area added to Hoenn in order to include pokemon from future generations.

Years
  • I definitely believe Mr. Briney and Peeko will make a return; however, I can't see them having a bigger role. After all, after you get Surf he isn't really needed until post-game, where he then runs the S.S. Tidal, allowing you to travel to the Battle Frontier as well as have a few more people to battle when going to either Slateport or Lilycove.

That being said, if they make the Southern Island accessible I can definitely see him taking you there. It's also possible that if they decide to add more islands (like Kanto) or even allow travel to another region (doubt it, though) then he'll be the one to take you to those places. But that's all his role is: a captain who takes you to places by boat.

Back