• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

azumans shiny thread ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

st.jimmy

ZOMG!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    hey peeps i decided i'd recoulor certain sprites for everyone to marvel at ;)
    iv only done 2 so far but my morning is now dedicated to colouring little pokés in :)

Laturn,brown and blue
    azumans shiny thread ^^

Electabuzz, magmar palette
    azumans shiny thread ^^

Lapras, Jynx palette
    azumans shiny thread ^^

Cleffa, Wynaut palette
    azumans shiny thread ^^

Shaymin, Lefeon and Glaceon palette
    azumans shiny thread ^^

Rorom, Porygon-Z palette
    azumans shiny thread ^^

Tyranitar, Mismagius palette. For staraptor X
    azumans shiny thread ^^

Gardevoir, Walrein and Electivire palette. For staraptorX
    azumans shiny thread ^^

Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf.
    azumans shiny thread ^^
    azumans shiny thread ^^
    azumans shiny thread ^^

Igglybuff, Croagunk palette
    azumans shiny thread ^^

Happiny, Girafarig palette
    azumans shiny thread ^^

Stantler, Camouflage palette
    azumans shiny thread ^^

Hitmontop, Floatzel and Charizard palette
    azumans shiny thread ^^

Dratini, Cyndaquil palette
    azumans shiny thread ^^

Dragonair, Quilava palette
    azumans shiny thread ^^

Dragonite, Meganium and Typhlosion palette
    azumans shiny thread ^^

Porygon-Z, starmie palette
    azumans shiny thread ^^

Rapidash, Haunter and Hitmonlee palette
    azumans shiny thread ^^

Cubone, Scyther palette
    azumans shiny thread ^^

Gastly, Rapidash palette
    azumans shiny thread ^^

Pineco, Manectric palette
    azumans shiny thread ^^

Luxray, azumarril and magmortar palette
    azumans shiny thread ^^

Omastar, Rayquaza, Groudon and Kyogre palette
    azumans shiny thread ^^

and also if u feel like using these you can but please give credit ^^

Last edited:
    Years
    Right, let's do some critique! I'm just going to critique your worst, your best and one thats comfortably in the middle :)
    azumans shiny thread ^^
    <-- This would be a good idea, if it wasn't for the fact that the shading is pretty appalling. The colours don't blend well with each other; you've gone from a light brown to a really dark brown to a light brown again, it makes no sense.
    Rating: 4/10

azumans shiny thread ^^
    <-- the colours are pretty, and I'd want a Lapras these colours. However, I do see some arrors in shading, and there appears to be some yellow lines around the face which make no sense. Better than the Lanturn, but not your best
    Rating: 6/10

azumans shiny thread ^^
    <-- This is your best, personally. The shading's pretty good and Shaymin = CUTE! Slight errors with the border shading. On the blue hair/fur bit (??), there's still a green border from the original Shaymin, and brown on the flower. That needs fixing.
    Rating: 7/10

The advice I need to give to you is: Sort out your shading. Look at the original Pokemon sprites and base your spriting on that.
    And seriously; STOP recolouring. No-one rates them that highly, because they are merely recolours. Do some fusions, scratch spriting, trainer sprites etc.
    Good luck though :)

st.jimmy

ZOMG!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    thanx m8.
    the lanturn was my first and shaymin my last.
    therefore im getting better ^^
    and i dont know why its brown 0.o;
    anyway, if u want a request just ask.

st.jimmy

ZOMG!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    thank you.
    i did use porygon-z as pallet but it does look eerily like the official sprite sory ^^;

Years
    azuman said:
    i take requests and i take about 5 minutes on average :D

Y'see, this would be why ur work looks a tad sloppy, with pretty bad shading errors. You need to spend a lot more time on these things. Once you get more experienced, then things should take about 5 minutes to do, and they will look very well done.

Otherwise, just take my advice into account and it'll look a lot better. Also, look around for spriting tuts. They're very helpful.

st.jimmy

ZOMG!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    ooh wow ^^
    youtube here i come! :D
    also i recoulored uxie, mesprit andazelf using each other.

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
    Most of these are good. The Electabuzz hurts my eyes though. And I'm not sure if you meant to do this but the Dratini line looks like the were from the g/s/c games but overall they are very good.

Years
    Spoiler:

I reccomend you read this.

And seriously; STOP recolouring. No-one rates them that highly, because they are merely recolours. Do some fusions, scratch spriting, trainer sprites etc.
    I somewhat disagree. Generally speaking, trying to do something harder when you haven't even figured out the basics isn't a great idea.

You don't have to take this advice, but I think you should try to master recoloring before you seriously consider bigger things. You don't have to show them off like they're amazing. As has been said: they aren't. But you should maybe post some more, with correct outlines, until you've got the hang of it. I see some of your later ones have fewer outline problems, though, so that's a good start. I mean, obviously you CAN try other things out, to see how well you can do, but... I would try to learn one thing at a time. XD

mangaroll

Teh Great Mangaroll
    Years
    I reccomend you read this.

I somewhat disagree. Generally speaking, trying to do something harder when you haven't even figured out the basics isn't a great idea.

You don't have to take this advice, but I think you should try to master recoloring before you seriously consider bigger things. You don't have to show them off like they're amazing. As has been said: they aren't. But you should maybe post some more, with correct outlines, until you've got the hang of it. I see some of your later ones have fewer outline problems, though, so that's a good start. I mean, obviously you CAN try other things out, to see how well you can do, but... I would try to learn one thing at a time. XD
    Heh, I learned all of those things from looking at all the other threads.=p

Anyways, like everyone said, nice, but make sure you complete it, don't rush your work. It's like saying "good enough" when you're giving birth.

st.jimmy

ZOMG!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    thank you all for the comments.
    i truly appreciate them ^^
    anyway i have updated the thread a bit more, new cubone and gastly sprites are up lanturn and lapras got a make-over.
    i also deleted that hellish linoone 0.o
    im still taking requests if u guys want anything just ask :P

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Requests aren't permitted, so I've edited that little part out of your post. But I'm very proud of the rest of you posters, you've contributed quite well to this thread. (b'-')b

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Hey Azuman Your Works Awsum in My Opinion

I Love The Lapras And The Ghastly

Could You Make A Luxray Any Pallet A Red One Would Look Awesome?
    If You Can Thanks =D

Good Work

Your Awsum

Sorry man, requests for sprites aren't allowed in pixel art, as Amachi stated earlier.

st.jimmy

ZOMG!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    thank you legend of time.

as loki stated i cant take requests but i can make whatever i want and for some strange reason i feel like doing a luxray ;)

on itys way.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back