• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]

andyp159

Master of Fire!
Years
  • awesome possum.
    i'm happy to hear this is coming along alright.
    i picked up septo conquest not too long ago, and needless to say, i loved the humor.

best of luck with this one. it looks great so far, and i'll definitely be playing all three parallels. :3

That is good to hear - also I am glad to hear you liked the humour.

Anyway, We have been recently been working on improving the beginning of the game (the bit with the truck) and where you get your pokemon from. This will change slightly in each parallel, but I am bringing some screnshots of the new scripts. These will run alongside existing scripts, such as the mother's original script. (yes, we are aware that it is not as 'original' but meh)

[B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]

This prevents the Player from leaving Ceil before you get your first POKeMON, (for obvious reasons)

[B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]

The PROFESSORS LAB is locked, I wonder why that could be?

[B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]

The samaritian's wife giving you some helpful information about where to go next...

[B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]

You notice something suspicous in one of the boxes...

[B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]

But it turns out to be just a POKeMON!

[B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]

Lance is going mildly insane...

[B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]

Lance talks to himself about the psibilites of the LAB being broken into by Carl Phasno and The Showman

[B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]

The professor is clearly not in a healthy state when you visit him in Parallel 1...

More screenshots to come soon...

(Also, anyone interested in creating a userbar or helping with a title screen for this hack, please PM me or Magneto20 ASAP)

Thanks a lot.

Magneto20

CoOmnipotent1of Pokemon:WARPED
    Years
  • I have a question... will you remake the Professor's

OW having "XX" eyes on his face if he's really dead?

Right now the chances of that are very unlikely as there are going to be a lot of dead bodies in Parallel 1, some of them just generic trainers, so it's not on the top of our to-do list right now.

But good idea!

Stop Messing Up My Files Porygon-Z!

The shadow of Mismagius
    Years
  • I found a glitch! 1: You can't go into any of the houses in Ceil Town. 2. If, in Rydia Port, near the entrance, you go to the Pokemon menu, and close it, you'll BECOME the Showman grunt blocking the Pokemon Fanclub (which is incorrectly labeled the Pokemon TRAINER Fanclub) and be able to go into the Fanclub.

Magneto20

Years
  • I found a glitch! 1: You can't go into any of the houses in Ceil Town. 2. If, in Rydia Port, near the entrance, you go to the Pokemon menu, and close it, you'll BECOME the Showman grunt blocking the Pokemon Fanclub (which is incorrectly labeled the Pokemon TRAINER Fanclub) and be able to go into the Fanclub.

If you can't enter any of the houses in Ceil Town, then you must have a bad Emerald ROM, as we've never had that problem when we were testing it. The Showman Grunt glitch is a bit odd. I'll have a look at it soon to see if anything can be done about it. But remember - save regularly!

Anyways, hello everyone!

I have good news! The first trailer for Lance Adventures is online, so you can watch it here: https://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=cx3TqozJgmg

(Note: Please ignore the spelling mistake about 1:20 in, I assure you it has been fixed. Also, a second trailer will be available a few months down the line when me and AndyP159 have done some more work on Lance Adventures.)

Please take 2 minutes out of your day to watch it.

Cheers.

Magneto20

Years
  • Do you plan to make a new OW sprite and the introduction sprite for Pat?

(The Prof.)

It's not a priority, but yes, it's very likely that there'll be a brand new sprite for Prof. Pat.

Last edited by a moderator:

andyp159

Master of Fire!
    Years
  • We're aware updates have become a bit slow this month, but fear not!

We'll have some more updates, screenshots and the like very, very soon.

Also, keep an eye out for our other hack, Septo Conquest, as something HUMUNGOUS is being planned for it soon, but we're keeping it under wraps at the moment...

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Hey, it's turning out pretty cool.

Thing is, when you said that you have no spelling mistakes in this one, Professor is spelt wrong.

Anyway, the satirical humour doesn't always work, specially not in a Pokedex, which was created by a world famous Professor. You'd think that they'd put proper stuff in the descriptions, right?

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    This hack is not bad, but I don't like more, that have tiles and pallettes of emerald, I prefer that you change this...
    You can insert tiles DP or FR, and send out the tiles and paletes for emerald..

The scripts looks very well!

PS: You can use clair to be a female protragonist ^^
    Lance, is a good idea!

Good luck

Magneto20

Years
  • Hey, it's turning out pretty cool.

Thing is, when you said that you have no spelling mistakes in this one, Professor is spelt wrong.

Anyway, the satirical humour doesn't always work, specially not in a Pokedex, which was created by a world famous Professor. You'd think that they'd put proper stuff in the descriptions, right?

Well AndyP159 wrote the bit with the "Professer", so blame him.

And what's wrong with a bit of satirical humour? Anyway, in Lance Adventures the Pokedex isn't created by a world famous professor, nor a professor of any other kind. Just who created the Pokedex will be revealed later.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2013
    If i were u guys i would have used fire red just for it to be an easier format since Lance was mostly seen in Kanto

andyp159

Master of Fire!
    Years
  • If i were u guys i would have used fire red just for it to be an easier format since Lance was mostly seen in Kanto

OK, when we came up with the idea for this hack, it was originally going to be a Fire Red hack. However, we were bored to death of hacking Fire Red due to our previous hack, Septo Conquest O(keep an eye on that; something BIG is being planned), and also for the reasons outlined here:
    Lance Adventures is now going to be a hack of Emerald, because it would suit the parallel system better as there's more variety.

Also, it doesn't matter whether or not he is seen in Kanto or not, as the region is new, the AMAFUSO region. This, therefore would mean that we are not limiting ourself to similar maps.
    Personally, I prefer the graphics to that of Fire Red, as I think the original tilesets are easier on the eye (personal opinion).

Moreso, from our experience, I don't see how Emerald can be so unstable. We have hardly had any problems with it so far, and have actually finding it easier to hack than Fire Red (although maybe our hacking skills have improved, so yeah)

Also, in response to this:
    PS: You can use clair to be a female protragonist ^^

I must stress that Clair already has a role in Lance Adventures in Parallel 3, so it wouldn't make sense for her to be the heroine as well, However, we have come up with a good idea for a female player, but all will be revealed at a later date, possibly around the time of the next beta!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Ups, sorry ^^
    I don't know this about clair..

Well, post more screens about the hack, to see the progress
    or one video to see scripts of this hack!

God luck man

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2012
    Sorry but is it possible to post an alternate download link for this beta?
    Cos I can't download from the link provided.
    Is it possible to post it as an attachment on PC?

~Poke~

Hasn't played 5th gen yet.
    Years
  • This is great!
    But will you have to play through all three parallels to see the whole story?

And where is the download?

Last edited:

andyp159

Master of Fire!
    Years
  • This is great!
    But will you have to play through all three parallels to see the whole story?

And where is the download?

It is in the Septo Conquest Thread, but I have just included another download link on this post.

Thanks for your interest in this hack.

Back