• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[B/W] Almost to the E4

JooJoobs

Boomin' and Bunkin'
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Aug 8, 2012
    Lets start with the team./.

Froon (Emboar)
    Impish
    Strength
    Gyro Ball
    Heat Crash
    Brick Break

Loop (Scolipede)
    Naive
    Poison Tail (Might get venoshock back)
    Toxic (This is why^)
    X-Scissor
    Bulldoze

Guilty (Scrafty)
    Rash (Gross I know)
    Hi Jump Kick
    Crunch
    Chip Away
    Dragon Tail

Nooch (Archeops)
    Naive
    Acrobatics
    Crunch
    U-Turn
    Bulldoze

Wub (Gollurk)
    Heavy Slam
    Fly
    Magnitude (Replacing this with Earthquake)
    Brick Break

Ploob (Seismitoad)
    Rash
    Mud Shot
    Drain Punch
    Sludge Bomb
    Surf

So right now I'm almost through Victory R. and I'm rethinking my scolipede and my gollurk because they just aren't keeping up to my expectations. However I don't know what I'd replace them with. Help/criticism is much obliged! :)

Starrodkirby86

Das Kirby
    Years
    There's some Dark Pokémon you'll be meeting past the Elite Four, and not just Grimsley. I think you should keep Scolipede because of that. Since Scolipede has rather high speed (Even more thanks to its Naive nature), you should take advantage of that. The Move Tutor can teach the thing Megahorn, and, at a high enough level, can make things really easy. X-Scissors isn't bad either, and it's more reliable, so it's up to you. I'd recommend you not get Venoshock back, actually. Scolipede's Special Attack is obscenely low, so you'd rather just stick with him pumping out the big Attack guns. Not a big fan of Bulldoze, by the way, but to each to their own. xD

What nature does Scrafty have? If it has Shed Skin, you can exploit Rest with it. If it has Moxie, then a Scrafty sweep may be imminent, especially when fighting Caitlin and Shauntal, the psychic and ghost Elite Four member respectively. :) Just some food for thought.

You might have some trouble with the Fighting Elite Four member, Marshal. All of his Pokémon actually have Rock moves like Stone Edge, so having a Flying type would be literally a losing battle. Maybe Golurk can help stop that since he knows Fly himself. If you want to replace said Pokémon though, a Reuniclus or Gothitelle would be ideal, especially Reuniclus.

I'm not sure what else to say or to replace. xD

What level are your Pokémon? Perhaps they're not as ideal as you want them to be because their levels aren't that high... A good training spot would be Route 10. Just equip one of the Pokémon with Lucky Egg and go on an Audino hunting spree.

JooJoobs

Boomin' and Bunkin'
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Aug 8, 2012
    There's some Dark Pokémon you'll be meeting past the Elite Four, and not just Grimsley. I think you should keep Scolipede because of that. Since Scolipede has rather high speed (Even more thanks to its Naive nature), you should take advantage of that. The Move Tutor can teach the thing Megahorn, and, at a high enough level, can make things really easy. X-Scissors isn't bad either, and it's more reliable, so it's up to you. I'd recommend you not get Venoshock back, actually. Scolipede's Special Attack is obscenely low, so you'd rather just stick with him pumping out the big Attack guns. Not a big fan of Bulldoze, by the way, but to each to their own. xD

What nature does Scrafty have? If it has Shed Skin, you can exploit Rest with it. If it has Moxie, then a Scrafty sweep may be imminent, especially when fighting Caitlin and Shauntal, the psychic and ghost Elite Four member respectively. :) Just some food for thought.

You might have some trouble with the Fighting Elite Four member, Marshal. All of his Pokémon actually have Rock moves like Stone Edge, so having a Flying type would be literally a losing battle. Maybe Golurk can help stop that since he knows Fly himself. If you want to replace said Pokémon though, a Reuniclus or Gothitelle would be ideal, especially Reuniclus.

I'm not sure what else to say or to replace. xD

What level are your Pokémon? Perhaps they're not as ideal as you want them to be because their levels aren't that high... A good training spot would be Route 10. Just equip one of the Pokémon with Lucky Egg and go on an Audino hunting spree.

I was going to get venoshock since I have toxic on Scolipede and poison tail itself has a low base attack.

Scrafty has moxie but his nature is rash which is Sp. A + Sp. D -. I know it sucks for him but It took forever to find a venipede with poison point and Naive nature so I didn't want to waste a lot of time going for a scraggy with a Good nature + Moxie.

I'm definitely going to keep Archeops cause hes like the anchor to my team basically, hes 3 speed behind scolipede, he has the highest attack and hs sp.a is good as well.

All of them are lvl 46

Starrodkirby86

Das Kirby
    Years
    True, but it's still not going to be as strong as you'd like it to be. :/ Since Venoshock is a Special move, it'll be going into Scolipede's Special Attack stats, which isn't very high in the first place. I do like the combo you have going with Toxic + Venoshock though (My Cofagrigus had a Toxic + Hex thing as well), but I don't think it'll cause as much damage as you'd like, even with the bonus. Just my thoughts. :)

No worries with Scrafty... Let's let Moxie take care of it all then. :V

Oh yeah, Archeops is really awesome. Really scary Attack... But as I said before, try your best to be cautious when fighting the Fighting-type Elite Four member, Marshal. I'm sure you'll outspeed them all, so that's no biggie, but if Acrobatics doesn't do a OHKO on them, you might be seeing your Archeops suffer a lot of damage. :x

If you have the TM Earthquake (Found in the Relic Castle), then I suggest you teach Nooch that instead of Bulldoze since Earthquake is definitely the stronger one of the bunch and Nooch doesn't need to speed down his opponent since most likely he'll be faster than the guy anyway.

Anyway, since they're Level 46, I suggest you should train off Audinos or at Victory Road until your Pokémon are around Level 50-55...

JooJoobs

Boomin' and Bunkin'
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Aug 8, 2012
    Yeah thats true, I'll have to look around for something physical and preferably poison to replace poison tail.

And yeah Scrafty is still a beast regardless of the nature he has.

I ev'd my archeops a little bit in his def and sp def stats so he should be able to withstand a hit or 2 and you can't get earthquake until after you beat ghetsis :/

Thanks for all your help though :) really appreciate it

Back