• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen B/W Did anyone still not finish there 1st file?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I finished it, but not completely. I stopped playing only when I was finished with the main storyline; side-quests were still there, absolutely untouched. Was planning to start doing them, however, I never managed to get around to them. I was also planning to build a competitive team for myself, but couldn't get the job quite done—I lost my motivation mid-way through. d: Even if I did got the team built, what would I do then? I could've done a few online battles, but I would've grown tired of them pretty quickly. Wanted to work on the PokéDex as well, buuut it's such a challenging task. I just didn't have enough time for it.

Marionz

New to 6th Gen
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2013
    Finished it once then had to sell it for some reason then got my Black back again and now I'm trying to abuse my TID and SID before I start again.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I finished the main storyline, but I don't think I ever took advantage of all that the postgame had to offer. I think I visited all of the postgame areas, but I never finished my Pokedex, bred anything decent, etc.

BW2 are worse though. I still haven't finished the main game on those (think I have 7ish badges on White2? Can't quite remember--I was playing it a bit before X and Y came out, but I haven't picked it up in a month or so).

I'm kind of hit-or-miss when it comes to finishing the games. I used to play through fairly quickly, but now I tend to take my time more. In general, I tend to finish the even generations much more quickly than the odd ones (still haven't finished LeafGreen due to my obsessive and somewhat bizarre training scheme, and haven't done as much with BW as I would have liked, yet have a completed Pokedex and lots of bred Pokémon on Diamond).

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • I fully finished the two copies I bought (one of Black and one of White), but I haven't played them since XY come out.

Beyond Infinity

Couldn't Outfox a Donkey
    Years
  • I'm at the start of the E4. I just got fed up and bored of the game. I don't remember anything about it either, towns, rivals, anything. I don't even know why I got bored of it, I just did.

Years
  • I got eight badged, but have yet to do the Elite Four. I just can't bring myself to play it, it felt so bland. I liked the overall world design, but the story was so forced and full of holes.

Years
  • I beat the Elite Four on my Black file, and I'm still in the post-game. I actually loved the 5th Generation in general so it really irks me to see people who claimed they hated the games so much they haven't even finished the main story.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Depends on the definition of "finished". xD The only thing I needed done to consider it complete is to beat all seven sages, and I needed two more iirc.

That was all, really. Then after that I can just proceed to completing the dex.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Nope, I finished mine. Completed all of the side quests too I believe. The only part that I didn't complete was catching all of the pokemon. I'd say that Pokemon White was my most finished game, behind Pokemon Diamond.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I managed to beat up to end game (like up to Alder) on my last file because it was a mono-run. But before then the farther I got to was beating N and becoming the champion and that was it. I never beat Alder on my first, second, or third attempt. So.

Back